Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the ONLY place to ask any questions or add any comments you may have in regards to the update. Firstly, you should check the newly updated FAQ as it will answer many common questions. If you have a bug/error to report, please do so HERE. Thanks for your patience and support!

Nadeem

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Because the left margin .. (which contains 'Site Navigation' and the 'Buyers Guide') .. is taking up too much space. This in turn causes the main thread screen to be pushd off screen to the right.
One then needs to slide the viewing bar, at the bottom, to the right in order to read the main postings.

Good effort and I am sure we will like it more with time. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Because the left margin .. (which contains 'Site Navigation' and the 'Buyers Guide') .. is taking up too much space. This in turn causes the main thread screen to be pushd off screen to the right.
One then needs to slide the viewing bar, at the bottom, to the right in order to read the main postings.

I noticed the same problem but a few minutes ago it went away. Thank you for fixing it.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I miss my "193 new posts" thing on the left :(

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Well in my case since I have a 21" monitor and high res, I don't have to scroll to the right, BUT with Netscape Navigator (IE: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.7pre) Gecko/20070815 Firefox/2.0.0.6 Navigator/9.0b3 with garbage blockers) I have a HUGE white band of dead space along the left side.. Is that where all the advertising is being displayed?? Let me see how it looks with WinExploder.. YUP, thats exactly what it is, and moving banners crap to boot, to more distract from the reading of members :brentil:... That is why I choose another webpage to start surfing on my home page, they had the same BS..:willy: Its to grab your attention and to make you click on it.. More revenues for the sites providers.. blah, well it ain't working...LOL..:D:lol: Our posting and reading areas are getting smaller and smaller..

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
I noticed the same problem but a few minutes ago it went away. Thank you for fixing it.
What fix? It ain't fixed, at least not what GetAboutRL is talking about..:nono:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Maybe It just takes getting used to. Maybe I'm just an old geezer who doesn't adapt to change too well but I liked the home page better the way it was, and you still need a spell checker for the message box. :skep:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
What fix? It ain't fixed, at least not what GetAboutRL is talking about..:nono:

Don't know what your monitor settings are but mine is fine. :thumbs:

·
Registered
42 Posts
What happened to the "Membership" under the "Quick Links" tab??? It now says it is no longer available. That was a useful feature.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
I like it!!! And the new price for Lifetime Supporting Member:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
What happened to the "Membership" under the "Quick Links" tab??? It now says it is no longer available. That was a useful feature.
You mean this?

It's still there. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I miss my "193 new posts" thing on the left :(

I agree and the left margin as GetAboutRL it's way too big. Maybe it would go away with a paid membership but if that is the case I guess I'll have to live with it.

Also the membership was a good feature sorry to see it go.:banghead:

·
Registered
429 Posts

Sounds like the same problem I had earlier today...

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f19/bugs-update-29168/#post401324

If I refreshed the screen it was fine. Now it loads fine on the first try.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
All I can say is:

THANK YOU for not turning our colors into the Smurfy colors of the Solstice Forum!

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
You mean this?

Excellent!! This is what GetAboutRL and I are talking about. Thanks reedred for posting that last screen capture of yours. It clearly shows that YOU and other "paying members" do NOT have this wide gap those of us that have not paid are getting. I captured a pic with your screen as my example and here is what us non-payers are getting.. So, in conclusion, you wanna get rid of "some of the advertising crap" pay up...:thumbs: (looks like, I would hate to pay, and still get that GD gap.. :mad:

PS: In going to the "join" members page, they still are NOT listening, the only way to join is to have a paypal account. Altho the new pricing now does make it very attractive.. As long as there is no alternative to pay however, it is difficult for me & to join. Why should we have to open a paypal account to join this or any forum? (I think I know the answer to my own question, any body else wanna take a jab to try to answer my question?) :)

One more pic using Iexplorer with the same capture Reed used, now you can see all the clutter..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not there on my screen

Yep, that is the place...but it does not show on my screen. Instead I get a ..."no longer available". Maybe it is only for paying members???

:confused:
You mean this?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Scoll bar is a pain!

I am also having problems with the scroll bar...with a 21" monitor.
The "upgrades" seemed to help the advertisers, not the users.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Yep, looks like that with me also. Can't see members either. They are taking away the goodies one by one, (OR it could be a glitch, I am hoping) otherwise they are squishing down the post areas, the info/site & readable areas, so they can load the site up with shltty moving advertising banners that do distract you and get you to click on all the useless ads.. I guess from now on, when "they" say they are "upgrading the site" get ready cause the end product will not be made or help us the non-paying members. It's for these guys to make money. Which if reasonable i guess its ok, but it will never be so. They want to squeeze as many dollars out this place and US as possible. After all they have expenses, I would imagine only the server and bandwidth fees. Most that work here do it for free. They might have titles, like moderator or super moderator, but THEY certainly are not getting paid.. or are making money.

What the hey, capitalism at work here. Making money is more important than those that participate & post here. IF I owned this place I myself would probably do the same, but not run it for profit, I would do it just to pay the bills, then again I am an enthusiast, not an owner. I'm sure the owner of this business doesn't own a Sky nor a solstice. However, I don't think the current owner(s) want the same thing we do. The thing is, even if you pay the moderate fee now requested, they STILL stuff ads down your throat...:lol: Also, since we are also a small group, they must "get something" whilst they can. I am considering the new yearly fee. My hangup is I don't want a paypal account. BTW, we use to know the owner of these facilities, as of right now, I (we) have NO idea who the current owners are, I suppose I could find out if I wants to, it is not hard. Just know he has his site "talking" handlers to do the yapping, & keep the place going, like Nadem.. With the moderators keeping the site clean and family oriented at no cost at all.. Sweet business..:thumbs:

OK right after I posted this, looks like sumbody flipped a switch.. hmmm, now on this thread I DON"T have that wide gap to the left, in the thread itself.. This morning I did, I also did go into my User CP section and did "click" on the disable part on the 2 new buttons on there even tho I have not yet become a paid member..hmm

1 - 20 of 31 Posts