Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Know more about what is happenning with Sky's than many of the dealer's and sales reps. I talked with a rep in Asheville,NC today and he confirmed that seat hieght adjusters will be available on the 07 Red Line's (said he had it in writing for what that is worth). One question, this dealer is not even taking waiting list orders yet, said he would begin in two weeks approx., I am number two on the waiting list to get on the wating list(crazy!). He says the fact that I'll be on this list a little later, vs going to Greenville, etc. and getting on list today, will not impact my delivery. He said each store is allocated a particular number of Red Lines, and with me being number two on his list I should be in pretty good shape(whatever that means). Any comments on this. Thanks, I have learned a ton from you guys in the last few days, it's appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Would love some feedback from some of you who are much more "in the know" about this stuff than me, thanks!
 

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
Joined
·
1,012 Posts
I am in no way an expert but from what i understand at least my dealership is that the red line orders placed there have all been placed now thru the system as orders. When they get notification for a red line, the next red line order gets picked up. When i ordered my vehicle i had just started reading these forums, so i was totally new to the whole process. I didn't know about the lists or anything, i basically picked my dealer because i felt comfortable with them and my sales guy was great. At first they didn't want to place a pre-lim order for me, but then i told them all about this site and soon after i got my prelim order early june. Stay in contact with your dealer ESPECIALLY on thursdays and fridays because the constraint reports come out thursday. That's when they will likely find out if they were alloted a red line.

It's hard to tell somone else what to do IMO, but honestly it's up to you. Do you feel a level of comfort with your salesperson and the GM at the dealer? Do they seem honest and treat you with respect? That's how i choose mine. You could always try leveling with them, tell them about the site. Explain to them that you're serious about getting the car and willing to place a deposit so you can relax a bit easier about waiting for the car. They can definately take a deposit and get you an order number, but it seems yours isn't yet willing to do this.
Good luck, and i hope you are #2 on the list and are driving away with it in the not too distant future. :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Pit, that helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
scbulldog said:
Know more about what is happenning with Sky's than many of the dealer's and sales reps. I talked with a rep in Asheville,NC today and he confirmed that seat hieght adjusters will be available on the 07 Red Line's (said he had it in writing for what that is worth). One question, this dealer is not even taking waiting list orders yet, said he would begin in two weeks approx., I am number two on the waiting list to get on the wating list(crazy!). He says the fact that I'll be on this list a little later, vs going to Greenville, etc. and getting on list today, will not impact my delivery. He said each store is allocated a particular number of Red Lines, and with me being number two on his list I should be in pretty good shape(whatever that means). Any comments on this. Thanks, I have learned a ton from you guys in the last few days, it's appreciated.
If the Red Line is built in August it probably won't have the seat height adjusters, The intrim date has been changed last week to the beginning of September. But they can change it back to the End of August but haven't done so yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
737 Posts
R/L Waiting List

I was #9 on the list two weeks ago for my R/L and just spoke to the person at the dealership who orders the cars. He said I am now #6 and should have my car in 3-4 months. Since this is a limited production car and there will only be 5,000 produced, I was concerned that I wouldn't make the cut. He assured me I will get my car. I am so excited and can't wait.

What are some of the packages included in your orders? My dealership said the sweep alarm is manditory, even though the Sky comes with an alarm. I called other dealers, and their "packages" include such things as extended warranty, clear coat and LoJack. Why do we need a LoJack when OnStar comes with the car? Most of these packages increase the cost of the car by $3-5,000. Two dealers said there isn't much of a profit margin on these cars so they are doing this for an economical boost.

I just want this hot little number in my garage!:drool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
HappyAmI said:
I was #9 on the list two weeks ago for my R/L and just spoke to the person at the dealership who orders the cars. He said I am now #6 and should have my car in 3-4 months. Since this is a limited production car and there will only be 5,000 produced, I was concerned that I wouldn't make the cut. He assured me I will get my car. I am so excited and can't wait.

What are some of the packages included in your orders? My dealership said the sweep alarm is manditory, even though the Sky comes with an alarm. I called other dealers, and their "packages" include such things as extended warranty, clear coat and LoJack. Why do we need a LoJack when OnStar comes with the car? Most of these packages increase the cost of the car by $3-5,000. Two dealers said there isn't much of a profit margin on these cars so they are doing this for an economical boost.

I just want this hot little number in my garage!:drool:
There is only going to be around 3000/3500 Red Lines produced for the 2007 buld . 9 Due to late start and ramp up in production ) So being 6th on the list you might not even get a 2007 Red Line but might have to wait untill the 2008 Red Line comes out. Unless they are a hugh dealership.

But keep calling or checking around you'll find a dealer that will give you MSRP and no add on's unless you want them But you might have to travel to get it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Went to a dealer yesterday and placed my order for a R/L:driving: . They took a $500 refundable deposit and I even managed to get them to throw in 10 free oil changes!:thumbs: I mentioned the addition of seat height adjusters with the Sept. manufacturing and they knew nothing about it...looked at me as if I had two heads. I think I knew more about the car than the salesman (pretty scary)....and mostly due to this site (thanks :) ) . Anyway, I was told that I am third on the list. They told me that I could expect delivery as early as the END OF OCTOBER (to which I reponded...Yeah sure:jester: ...). Told them that I'm in no rush. Good things come to those who wait.

Polar White w/ Red/Black interior - Black lid
am/fm/cd & mp3
XM Satellite Radio
rear decklid spoiler
chrome plated wheels
wheel locks
splash guards
TRICK OR TREATING in New Jersey!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
DARZSKY said:
Went to a dealer yesterday and placed my order for a R/L:driving: . They took a $500 refundable deposit and I even managed to get them to throw in 10 free oil changes!:thumbs: I mentioned the addition of seat height adjusters with the Sept. manufacturing and they knew nothing about it...looked at me as if I had two heads. I think I knew more about the car than the salesman (pretty scary)....and mostly due to this site (thanks :) ) . Anyway, I was told that I am third on the list. They told me that I could expect delivery as early as the END OF OCTOBER (to which I reponded...Yeah sure:jester: ...). Told them that I'm in no rush. Good things come to those who wait.

Polar White w/ Red/Black interior - Black lid
am/fm/cd & mp3
XM Satellite Radio
rear decklid spoiler
chrome plated wheels
wheel locks
splash guards
TRICK OR TREATING in New Jersey!
CONGRATS ! Now the wait begins.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Thanks, deluke. Seems like there's going to be quite a few of us in the same boat (waiting) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
DARZSKY said:
Thanks, deluke. Seems like there's going to be quite a few of us in the same boat (waiting) :)
Thats all I do is wait. I waited for my base Solstice it came in and I can't drive a standard due to shoulder surgery. Pre-traded that in and now waiting for my GXP automatic. All I do is wait and wait and wait.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know this may be a real guess, but say some of us end up having to wait for an 08(after being on the 07 list). Any idea when the 08's would start hitting the driveways?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
scbulldog said:
I know this may be a real guess, but say some of us end up having to wait for an 08(after being on the 07 list). Any idea when the 08's would start hitting the driveways?
Sometime after June 07?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
scbulldog said:
I know this may be a real guess, but say some of us end up having to wait for an 08(after being on the 07 list). Any idea when the 08's would start hitting the driveways?
Middle to End of July 2007.( Around )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys, guess that wouldn't be soooo bad, they are telling me possibly 10 months on the 07, not too much of a difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
478 Posts
HappyAmI said:
What are some of the packages included in your orders? My dealership said the sweep alarm is manditory, even though the Sky comes with an alarm. I called other dealers, and their "packages" include such things as extended warranty, clear coat and LoJack. Why do we need a LoJack when OnStar comes with the car? Most of these packages increase the cost of the car by $3-5,000. Two dealers said there isn't much of a profit margin on these cars so they are doing this for an economical boost.

I just want this hot little number in my garage!:drool:
I suggest you keep calling dealers until you find one who will adhere to Saturns policy and also not force options you neither want nor need down your throat. They do exist. I have two redlines on order. One has a 9% premium and the dealer is also requiring venture shield, lojack and some teflon coating for the seats. The other dealer is charging MSRP and requiring no options. Guess which one I'll be dealing with?

I bought a base sky that had extra options. I was told that these were ordered by the person who ordered the car but then declined it. I later came to realize this was bull. I still feel cheated and stupid, and it has reduced my enjoyment of the Sky. So I suggest you keep calling.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
737 Posts
jarcher said:
I suggest you keep calling dealers until you find one who will adhere to Saturns policy and also not force options you neither want nor need down your throat. They do exist. I have two redlines on order. One has a 9% premium and the dealer is also requiring venture shield, lojack and some teflon coating for the seats. The other dealer is charging MSRP and requiring no options. Guess which one I'll be dealing with?

I bought a base sky that had extra options. I was told that these were ordered by the person who ordered the car but then declined it. I later came to realize this was bull. I still feel cheated and stupid, and it has reduced my enjoyment of the Sky. So I suggest you keep calling.
The dealership with which I am dealing is #1 in the nation. They are huge, but that shouldn't give them a license to impose options. Thanks for the heads up. I just called one other dealership, and they had a different package which included the lojack (why do we need that if it has OnStar?), clear coat and extended warrantee. I do resent them jacking up the price like that. I will let my fingers do the dialing. Oh, and BTW, have you found you get less customer service if you have your car serviced from a different dealer than where you purchased your Sky? :driving:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top