Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,
I have moved to Saturn side if things from being a long time member on the Sol forum. I've been loving the Kappa ever since the concept car drove out on to the stage in 2002.

I drove my first Kappa last night, a gorgeous Red Sky. The car was totally what I expected and think the R/L will be that much better. The interior fit me perfectly and I even liked the low growl of the 2.4L. The top of the windshield was a little low for me but that's what you get when you drive a hot rod. I took some very fast freeway off ramps and was totally impressed with the Sky's suspension. Being able to see the top of those sharp fenders was a lot of fun too. I loved the red paint with the black leather interior.
Remember that I currently drive a 2002 SS black/black that's turbocharged for about 580 horsepower.

The main difference between the Sky and the Sol for me was the difference in dealerships. I've visited about five Pontiac dealerships hunting down Solstices and never once have they let me drive a single car. I stopped by the Saturn dealership on my way home and there was one sales man and the sales manger left. They were closing up but were more then kind enough to let me go drive the car for 15 minutes. And the sales man actually new about the car and the upcoming Red Line. Telling me about the twin scroll turbo and the 2.0L's higher compression ratio was heads above anything the Pontiac dealership knew.

Anyway, here's my question I'm looking at giving the dealer a list of options and colors along with my deposit. Has anyone seen any R/L pics with the black headlights on a red car?

Thanks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Photos from the New York Auto Show:

Here are some decent photos from the recent New York Auto Show you may not have seen yet (no Red, though, just the Blue and Silver). This is from the Autoweek.com site:

http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/2006_newyork/saturn/sky/pages/01.htm

For comparison, you might want to screen up these photos of the regular Sky in another browser session, and then click back and forth. The visual changes are so slight, this is a good way to quickly see the differences between the two models:

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.d...OTOS01&ArtNo=604260803&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=1

Enjoy !

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
SOL on Sol test drive

I asked about a test drive on a Soltice at a Pontiac dealer and was turned down - they also mentioned they are charging $2,000 over MSRP - and the sales rep mentioned ebay - I pointed out that from what I have read that the Sky that sold for $5k over MSRP was bought by a dealership to keep as a demo unit with no intention of selling it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts