Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the people who have htere Red Lines get a R/L Owners Manuel or just a Sky Manuel......Mine came with only a sky and not R/L..Dealer is checking but any info would HELP.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
I would think the R/L should have their own manual, after all it has extra buttons and dohickeys don't it? Like the turbo buttons?:confused: My regular manual says nothing about these "extra buttons?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
It has been a while since I read the manual -- but I think most of the RL stuff was in there -- I seem to remember instructions about "boost" etc....
Remember RL is an "option" on a SKY -- right?
Anyone have their manual handy??:confused:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
It has been a while since I read the manual -- but I think most of the RL stuff was in there -- I seem to remember instructions about "boost" etc....
Remember RL is an "option" on a SKY -- right?
Anyone have their manual handy??:confused:
Yup, have the "latest" one under my nose, that is why I posted, nuttin on the "turbo buttons" and not a peep about "boost"--Thats looking in the Index in the back of the book-You would expect something with the word "turbo & or Boost" right?-:nono: I'll keep lookin (just in case I made a boo-boo)--They "mention the 2.0" in many spots, but NOTHING about "turbo or boost--I'll keep reading, they mainly talking about TCS, traction control system--

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would think the R/L should have their own manual, after all it has extra buttons and dohickeys don't it? Like the turbo buttons?:confused: My regular manual says nothing about these "extra buttons?
This is my question as well...Turbo Button...some one else had mentioned in a thread about the boost gauge....I only drove it home from the dealer last night, and put it in the garage...But did not see any of this.:confused:

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
The manual just reads sky 2007. But if you read thru the manual it says in alot of places, "Your car may be equipped with....." and ect... reffering to parts on the redline model.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The manual just reads sky 2007. But if you read thru the manual it says in alot of places, "Your car may be equipped with....." and ect... reffering to parts on the redline model.

Pitcom.....tell me did I miss the Turbo Button....LoL

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Where is the "boost or competive buttons or selections? Is it not a "seperate' button on the console somewhere?:confused: Or do you have "select it' thru the DIC?

·
Registered
991 Posts
This is my question as well...Turbo Button...some one else had mentioned in a thread about the boost gauge....I only drove it home from the dealer last night, and put it in the garage...But did not see any of this.:confused:
"Turbo Button" is the button to the lower right hand area below the radio controls. Push it once, the DIC wil display traction control off, push it again and the DIC will display competion mode, and and again to return to normal mode. When the key is turned off, the default mode (normal) will be active the next time you start the car.

Push the INFO button on the steering wheel (left hand side) for different dispalys, including the Boost gauging. The info screen will stay in this mode even when the car is turned on/off.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Yup, have the "latest" one under my nose, that is why I posted, nuttin on the "turbo buttons" and not a peep about "boost"--Thats looking in the Index in the back of the book-You would expect something with the word "turbo & or Boost" right?-:nono: I'll keep lookin (just in case I made a boo-boo)--They "mention the 2.0" in many spots, but NOTHING about "turbo or boost--I'll keep reading, they mainly talking about TCS, traction control system--
There are no "turbo" buttons. Redlines DO come with Stabilitrac as standard equipment. There IS a control button for it. In the DIC (Digital Information Center) there is "boost gauge" (more like a boost pressure read out). Other than that this is little to no real differences that would be covered in depth in an owners manual except for displacement, filter, and fluid specs.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Here ya go, I stand corrected, on page 147, top of the page it mentions "boost", so looks like same manual for both cars, just need to 'filter the base from the R/L--:thumbs: Also on page 201, talking about the ESC, for 2.0L engines only--This (for 2.0L engines only is all over the manual) so those instructions are for the R/L only--Still can't find that buttom tho under the radio--hmm:confused: I suppose you need the LSD for this to be there--wish my sky was home--

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
Pages 199-203. It shows a picture of whats imaged on the button on page 202. The button is right of the airbag on/off light, just beneath the radio.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Pages 199-203. It shows a picture of whats imaged on the button on page 202. The button is right of the airbag on/off light, just beneath the radio.
Thanks for the info man, its appreciated :thumbs: Looks like pages 199 thru first part of page 203 is all R/L related

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
My button there turns on tha seat vvviibbbbrrrrraaatttoooorrrrrr. Dang does it every time too. That ******** seat gets tha girls all crazy. Poor ol Fartblossom told me she wood rather drive than set in that passenger seat.....Skip.....:) :glol: :glol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I don't know what the others are talking about... My Red Line came with a gorgeous owners manual in a zip-up binder crafted from fine leather. It was hardcover, hand stitched. Lots of color photos.

The coolest part was the certificate good for one year of free maintenance in the back, and the Shell credit card with $1,000 on it for a year's worth of gas.

And then the alarm went off and I had to get up and go to work...

Oh well. At least one truly sweet car was waiting for me in the garage when I had to head on in to the office...

·
Registered
364 Posts
I don't know what the others are talking about... My Red Line came with a gorgeous owners manual in a zip-up binder crafted from fine leather. It was hardcover, hand stitched. Lots of color photos.

The coolest part was the certificate good for one year of free maintenance in the back, and the Shell credit card with $1,000 on it for a year's worth of gas.

And then the alarm went off and I had to get up and go to work...

Oh well. At least one truly sweet car was waiting for me in the garage when I had to head on in to the office...
Good one....... :D

HoldHard

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Another Question

Somebody told me the silver trim piece on the base SKY is painted to match the car color in the RL.... Is that True?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Somebody told me the silver trim piece on the base SKY is painted to match the car color in the RL.... Is that True?
What silver trim piece? On my black Red Line I have the silver trim around the windshield, the silver trim behind the seats, the silver trim around the shifter - and bonus/not on the normal SKY silver trim in the side vents behind the front wheels.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
What silver trim piece? On my black Red Line I have the silver trim around the windshield, the silver trim behind the seats, the silver trim around the shifter - and bonus/not on the normal SKY silver trim in the side vents behind the front wheels.
Thanks! I had heard the silver trim between the seats and trunk was painted to match the car.

Thanks for clearing that up for me!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts