Saturn Sky Forum banner

R/L Pricing & When?

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Nemesis 
#1 ·
With the announcement that Redlines will be in production late summer for very limited fall deliveries. Does anyone have an idea or feedback on when Redline MSRP will be set? I still have the option to purchase a standard Sky sometime this summer or be patient and order the Redline later in the summer. I really like the Ecotex 2.0 turbo direct injection engine. I test drove a Honda S2000 and really liked the additional power when compared to the standard Sky. Car & Driver has hinted a MSRP at $28K, unfortnuately pricing on the R/L could impact my decision on standard or R/L. Hopefully Saturn will set a reasonable price on the R/L, I'm hoping for less than $29K. It sounds like the R/L may also get power seats, that would be a big plus for the wife at 5'3". So, what is your estimate on when MSRP for the Redline will be released and how many $$$$?

Silver Pearl
Manual
Red/Black Leather
Deposit 3/24

#2 ·
If your not going to get your image until sometime this summer I would chold off if you can get on the high on the dealers list for the RL. Roadsters are most enjoyable during the summer and you probablly won't recieve your car until at least early fall. I'd pick up the RL and enjoy the hell out of it with the weather turns right again. I guess it depends on how important the extra power is for you though. Don't get me wrong I'll enjoy my car year round, but if I couldn't enjoy it during this summer I would wait for the upgraded car.

#4 ·
FastFreddie said:
With the announcement that Redlines will be in production late summer for very limited fall deliveries. Does anyone have an idea or feedback on when Redline MSRP will be set? I still have the option to purchase a standard Sky sometime this summer or be patient and order the Redline later in the summer. I really like the Ecotex 2.0 turbo direct injection engine. I test drove a Honda S2000 and really liked the additional power when compared to the standard Sky. Car & Driver has hinted a MSRP at $28K, unfortnuately pricing on the R/L could impact my decision on standard or R/L. Hopefully Saturn will set a reasonable price on the R/L, I'm hoping for less than $29K. It sounds like the R/L may also get power seats, that would be a big plus for the wife at 5'3". So, what is your estimate on when MSRP for the Redline will be released and how many $$$$?

Silver Pearl
Manual
Red/Black Leather
Deposit 3/24
If it goes like the regular Sky did , you can expect it about a month or so before they start taking actual orders for the car.

#5 ·
FastFreddie said:

Silver Pearl
Manual
Red/Black Leather
Deposit 3/24
Because the Sky has more standard options then the Solstice to begin with, Bob lutz said the solstice would be between 4/5 thousand more then the Base Solstice. But with the GXP they have alot of standard options also , which is already standard on the base Sky. So I would guess the price increase on a Red Line would be between 2/3 thousand more then your base Sky. But then you have to add on the options you want that aren't standard.

#10 ·
Same Here...

Delnari and I have the same opinion. I feel the base price will be somewhere in the 27K range for the sky R/L. I am first on the list here in Greensboro and can't wait to get this thing ordered.....:thumbs:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.