Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard do you think this is going to be? I think my dealership has a base sky for sale right now & I may want to jump on it & have it right now. Besides that...

How expensive do you think the turbo 2.0 engine will run? You think the wiring harness will be the same? Im sure the ECU will be a simple plug & play if so... Engine mounts the same? Ahhh... what to do! I've been on the R/L list only since June 21st but I want a sky NOW! :banghead:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Good luck. Where are you going to get a 2.0 turbo full engine lying around? I'm sure you'll find one from the junk yard IF someone wrecks their Red Line or GXP and doesn't want it anymore.

If I were you I'd wait for the Red Line, it'll be less hassle. Just a little more wait. :D

Otherwise, if you really realy really can't wait, get the 2.4 and put some form of FI on it if it's more power you're after.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes your right... the R/L has a 9:2:1 c/r while the 2.4 has a 10:4:1 c/r; which honestly isn't a big deal. Im used to driving in some-what/seeing alot of high compression turbo Honda's; b18c1 equaling 10.0.1 & the b18c5 equaling 10:6:1 & with that being smack down in the middle.. It all comes down to the tune, but anyhow... I would expect to see the turbo engine's on eBay by Spring of next year.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Buy a SKY now, and drive it around until your Red Line comes in. Then sell it for every penny that you paid for it. No hassle, no pain.

·
Registered
192 Posts
jdigiant said:
Buy a SKY now, and drive it around until your Red Line comes in. Then sell it for every penny that you paid for it. No hassle, no pain.
I agree with jdigiant. I received my Sky Mar. 29th and currently have two buyers waiting until I give it up when I receive my Redline. Buyer #2 is hoping #1 changes his mind. I've told both that I want sticker out of it when I sell it and they both said OK. Both are business people so I think they have the resources and are not just stringing me on. :thumbs:

·
Registered
277 Posts
let alone the base doesn't have the torque bar brace on the tranny the R/L does

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wait for the R/L. It would be so much work/parts. Eng,ecu,harness,seperate boost gauge. Even then it wouldn't be a redline ! Might be better to spend a little more and put a LS6 in it.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
CrackerJackToy said:
How hard do you think this is going to be? I think my dealership has a base sky for sale right now & I may want to jump on it & have it right now. Besides that...

How expensive do you think the turbo 2.0 engine will run? You think the wiring harness will be the same? Im sure the ECU will be a simple plug & play if so... Engine mounts the same? Ahhh... what to do! I've been on the R/L list only since June 21st but I want a sky NOW! :banghead:
The above responses are pretty much on target. :agree:

In case there is ANY doubt left :confused: let me COMPLETELY clear the air.

DON'T TRY IT !!!

You are be better off putting a fully enigineered kit on a 2.4. The 2.0 package is unique and probably not compatible with the 2.4. Certainly, nobody will have software to drive it. You will be doing this -- :willy: :confused: :willy: :banghead:. Be smart and listen to your elders.:D :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
The ECU's are not the same. The two engines use completely different control systems.

For price comparison the LSJ crate engine costs about $5k I believe.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Get the Sky then get a Turbo or S/C system down the road.
It wont be as production unique as a RedLine, but it will be unique and just as much fun.

The 2.4 is stout and with ECU tuner options a good boost solution will be on the market - possibly even CARB legal for those who need it to be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts