·
Registered
167 Posts
Yessirreee!!

I've seen two at the most.
what color and where are you?
How many waiting or on a list?
I've got a black one in Sayville.
There is also ReedRed? in Islip, who I have yet to see.
There is a silver one in Melville I see often around the Quadrangle.
I don't see too many around, usually on the LIE I'll spot one RARELY.

I've still yet to see one while I'm in mine. Can't wait to meet up with a fellow SKY owner!

BTW, where are YOU located???

HMMM... a bluestone RL.... can't wait to see THAT one!!!!

Dan

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in manorville. The first car I saw was around town either the silver or blue I was so taken back I didn't no what to focus on. And earlier today I saw a dark grey on the lie heading east from exit 68. I would love for the owners of these cars to make themselves known. I was 100% sold on the bluestone. It seems to be blue/ grey /purple (periwinkle) with different amounts of light always a little change that sounds to good to be true. Paint jobs with that quality usually cost extra. but then I saw some really bad pics and I don't know anymore. So I'm hoping that those lucky few who have them might be willing to get together show off their sky of choice and I will photograph and post all of them. It might save me a trip to delaware. Wouldn't it also be nice to have a local club to share and experience all that is the sky. I was a member of LICOA briefly when I was all focussed on getting a vette and it would be great to have something like that for the sky.

·
Registered
167 Posts
By the number of responses, you'd think we live on an island.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Where are you, Long Islanders??? Let's hear from youze!!

(you think the fact that there are ZERO Saturn dealerships left in Suffolk has anything to do with it??):mad:

Dan

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to saturn of massapequa there were quite a few orders that transfered from the now closed medford location. (both dch owned). Don't no if it's true but a salesman their said that a saturn was going to open up in that area (not DCH). He said DCH Saturn of Medford closed because of a mall going to go on the site instead and related problems. Might be some truth to it when DCH had Saturn in smithtown it was always very busy. At that time had a 99 sl2

·
Registered
877 Posts
1 more Long Islander checking in:thumbs:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
daily or sunny driver? what kind of mileage? Any other sky's sighted and where?
:cheers: to sunny days and the chance for the lucky few of you already in possession of your cars to enjoy them until the season get's crappy for a roadster

·
Registered
145 Posts
3 times I've seen a silver pearl driving around Massapequa. Could be the same or different cars. I've seen plenty of them come-in and go out of the Massapequa Saturn dealer so I know there are more. Maybe they're nocturnal hunters and are rarely seen during the daylight hours.

·
Registered
877 Posts
daily or sunny driver? what kind of mileage? Any other sky's sighted and where?
:cheers: to sunny days and the chance for the lucky few of you already in possession of your cars to enjoy them until the season get's crappy for a roadster
Mine rarely sees rain. I saw a yellow one on sunrise hwy in Massapequa and a silver parked at the Hunington qaudrangle.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Earlier today I saw a dark grey on the lie heading east from exit 68.
That was probably me. I missed this thread because I haven't been on much over the last week. I only found it because I wanted to post about the 'leaf-peeping run' that some folks on the Solstice forum are putting together. I think it would be great if we could show up en masse, and my self-invitation was well received. In the meantime, I'd be mighty psyched for a casual get together anytime after 9/18.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Saw a silver pearl this morning heading down Flatbush Ave in downtown Brooklyn while on my way to work. Funny just a minute before that I was wondering why I hadn't seen any Skys at all in Brooklyn.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Only four lucky people have taken delivery on LI I find it hard to believe. There should be quite a few of you out and about. I can't wait to be able to talk about the car from regular personal experience

·
Registered
18,032 Posts
Saw a silver pearl this morning heading down Flatbush Ave in downtown Brooklyn while on my way to work. Funny just a minute before that I was wondering why I hadn't seen any Skys at all in Brooklyn.
Would u take your sky down the streets of brooklyn ...no less downtown brooklyn....give me a break

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mike, at the end of Flatbush avenue is the Manhattan Bridge. Now the Sky might not be your ordinary commuter vehicle but the people that work downtown in the financial district are not your normal commuters.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Only four lucky people have taken delivery on LI I find it hard to believe. There should be quite a few of you out and about. I can't wait to be able to talk about the car from regular personal experience
Seems to me...nobody here on LI is on here.
In a market like this there seems to be no other answer

Dan

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Seems to me...nobody here on LI is on here.
In a market like this there seems to be no other answer

Dan
I think your right.
I don't want the car to be that common so its ok that the area is not exploding with them. Saw a dark grey SKY hauppage industrial park Today and I saw a black solstice in patchogue

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
I think your right.
I don't want the car to be that common so its ok that the area is not exploding with them. Saw a dark grey SKY hauppage industrial park Today and I saw a black solstice in patchogue
The dark grey was me! You should've said hi! Do you work in the park?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was working at the time (Fed Ex Express). Hauppauge is where I'm usually routed. My supervisor was with me today showing me another route so I couldn't stop. Next time I pass through I will say hi.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts