Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got pic's of their radar detector installations? I want to get one but don't want it to look ugly. Anyone fish the ligher adapter/wire through the car?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was actually thinking about a battery operated one with rechargeables, just because I wouldn't want to mess with the cord. (course on a long trip, I'd have to use a power adapter)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Someone hard wired one into the OnStar power lead just behind the rearview mirror. I don't remember pics but there was discussion about which colour wire to cut into.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
Someone hard wired one into the OnStar power lead just behind the rearview mirror. I don't remember pics but there was discussion about which colour wire to cut into.
STAY AWAY FROM THE PINK ONES....SkyBaby-07

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
In my other vehicles, I use a battery operated one that I purchased at Costco. I am very happy with it. I get about 40 hours of use on rechargeable AA's. To save battery life, it automatically turns off after two hours if you don't press a button. It rests on the dash and mounts with suction cups on the glass.

·
Registered
804 Posts
richm said:
In my other vehicles, I use a battery operated one that I purchased at Costco. I am very happy with it. I get about 40 hours of use on rechargeable AA's. To save battery life, it automatically turns off after two hours if you don't press a button. It rests on the dash and mounts with suction cups on the glass.
My luck I would be at 2 hours 5 min. going 85...

·
Registered
692 Posts
radar detector with remote display

Go see the photos posted by Motocrash in the technical discussion.
Imaged 23/06/06
...and waiting...
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
wheel locks
Cold Air Intake