Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to take my Sky in for a couple of things yesterday....

1. Replace cup holder
2. Clunking noise (see seperate post)
3. Radio Issue:

4100 miles, Automatic, Monsoon System, Single CD Player

I have noticed for several weeks that it sounds like my radio is not getting the reception it should. Static comes in frequently even though I live in a major metropolitan city. Also it seems like it goes in/out of stereo far more often than any radio I have ever owned.

Upon examination by the techs at the dealership they said there is a known problem with the radio and they are ordering a new part. I did not get all the details as they were so busy they did not close out my work order. They are going to mail it to me. When I find out more, I will post results. But figured others might have the same radio issue.

Now here is the ultimate irony... I have really bad hearing, should wear a hearing aid in one ear but choose not to. If I can hear this problem then certainly others can too.

Take care

Duhricker
:willy:

·
Registered
1,675 Posts

1. Replace cup holder
3. Radio Issue:

I have noticed for several weeks that it sounds like my radio is not getting the reception it should. Static comes in frequently even though I live in a major metropolitan city. Also it seems like it goes in/out of stereo far more often than any radio I have ever owned.

Upon examination by the techs at the dealership they said there is a known problem with the radio and they are ordering a new part. I did not get all the details as they were so busy they did not close out my work order. They are going to mail it to me. When I find out more, I will post results. But figured others might have the same radio issue.

Now here is the ultimate irony... I have really bad hearing, should wear a hearing aid in one ear but choose not to. If I can hear this problem then certainly others can too.

Take care

Duhricker
I've found all factory Head units to never quite be perfect. It's a little frustrating. My factory radio in my tiburon gets good reception, but the skip protection for cd's is HORRIBLE. grrrr.......if they can fix your problem, hooray. let us know.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
I've found all factory Head units to never quite be perfect. It's a little frustrating. My factory radio in my tiburon gets good reception, but the skip protection for cd's is HORRIBLE. grrrr.......if they can fix your problem, hooray. let us know.
ANTONIO, I try to protect CD's as best as I can but gee whiz there are a lot of CDs out there.. ...Skip...:) :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Glad Somone Brought This Up

1. Replace cup holder
3. Radio Issue:

Take care

Duhricker

Aloha Duhricker....YEP THIS IS A PROBLEM!!!!!!

MY RADIO AND CD PLAYER WENT LAST WEEK....My dealership said there is a problem with this radio systems and more of us will start to have problems as we use our radios more...they are saying between 3-6000 miles or so some systmes will go just as you described....My stereo is going in and out as well as my CD player is NO LONGER WORKING AT ALL!

They ordered a ENTIRE new system and it will be installed NEXT FRIDAY!

Make sure you all out there watch this probelm...if radio stations are not coming in clear like they did when you just got your sky or your CDs are skipping or going in and out once in a while you MAY be having the starting stages of your radio system CRAPPING THE BED!

ALOHAS! :confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Willy,

If you got time, I'd like to ask you some questions regarding your radio issues.

Which band are you hearing static on? AM and FM? Just AM? Just FM?
Do you hear the static at the same location of your drive day-in-day-out?
Where is your volume set when you hear this static? Is it very low or blaring?

What do you mean by in/out of stereo? Do you hear left speaker going out but not the right one - or do you hear volume cutting out altogether?

I have a Monsoon 6-disc with XM in my sky and have found 2 issues over my 7300 mi.
1) At extremely low volumes (1 or 2 intents of the volume knob) - Audio from XM cuts out. Is this your same issue?
2) Somehow the system thinks there is an XM station 2.

Have you heard if this issue shows up on the other radios?

Thanks!

Mike

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
8500 miles and no problem with the radio. There is a noise either in the clutch throw out bearing or the transmission input shaft bearing I will have them check out when I take it in for an oil change. I have also heard the thunking noise like a door or the trunk is loose that someone else indicated was the shocks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts