Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice that the volume is much lower on the radio when I am listening to "radio stations" But when I put in a CD..the volume is a lot louder? Why is that? Quality is the same, but it just booms on the CD?

·
Registered
262 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
I notice that the volume is much lower on the radio when I am listening to "radio stations" But when I put in a CD..the volume is a lot louder? Why is that? Quality is the same, but it just booms on the CD?
I don't have my car yet so I don't have the manual. But I did have a after market Pioneer system that allowed the volume to be set for each input, (radio, cd, etc) to sort of balance things out a little and avoid what you described. Maybe the SKY has that built in feature also.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Sounds like the same problem I have with my TV. When I listen to "regular" TV, the sound is fine. However when I change to Digital TV -- the sound gets louder. Maybe the diff between Digital and Analog?

·
Registered
239 Posts
hmmm the same thing happens on my work car....Lower on radio higher on the CD player. I figured it was because the aduio quality of a CD is better?????

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the same situation in my Avalanche with xm/cd versus radio, but to tell you the truth, after you've had xm for a while, you'll never listen to the radio again anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts