Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Could anyone help with the wiring behind the radio. A schematic diagram would be good.

I'm changing the standard radio to an aftermarket one and need to know which coloured wires relate to speakers etc.

Thanks
Stuart

·
Registered
378 Posts
Easiest way would be with a harness....no cutting. You can choose to keep or eliminate on-star, XM, monsoon. Extra harness for steering wheel controls.

·
Super Moderator
11,084 Posts
Hi.

Could anyone help with the wiring behind the radio. A schematic diagram would be good.

I'm changing the standard radio to an aftermarket one and need to know which coloured wires relate to speakers etc.

Thanks
Stuart
Easiest way would be with a harness....no cutting. You can choose to keep or eliminate on-star, XM, monsoon. Extra harness for steering wheel controls.
Redline is right. They make aftermarket adaptors that will go between our stock harness plug and the radio head unit you are installing for splice free installation. Definitely worth the money.

·
Super Moderator
5,084 Posts
Redline is right. They make aftermarket adaptors that will go between our stock harness plug and the radio head unit you are installing for splice free installation. Definitely worth the money.
True, but for a custom build with a tablet you still have to know which wire is which. Also he is in Spain so a harness may be harder to get.

FYI: This was cross-posted on the Solstice forum with a "little" more detail.

·
Super Moderator
11,084 Posts
True, but for a custom build with a tablet you still have to know which wire is which. Also he is in Spain so a harness may be harder to get.

FYI: This was cross-posted on the Solstice forum with a "little" more detail.
LOL yea because I didn't get tablet or Spain from any of that. LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi. Yes completely true. But as JohnWR says. I am in Spain. If I could get a harness that would be the best solution. Unfortunately I can't find one here. I have no problem ordering from USA if necessary if I could be pointed in the right direction of a supplier.

A harness would make life so much simpler !

Cheers
Stuart

·
Super Moderator
11,084 Posts
Hi. Yes completely true. But as JohnWR says. I am in Spain. If I could get a harness that would be the best solution. Unfortunately I can't find one here. I have no problem ordering from USA if necessary if I could be pointed in the right direction of a supplier.

Cheers
Stuart
Crutchfield.com is where most folks go online to get stuff like that. I'm not sure if they ship to Spain but they might. Worst case scenario is you can at least find what you need there and then figure out someone who sells it and will ship to Spain.

·
Super Moderator
5,084 Posts

Cheers
Stuart
Crutchfield.com is where most folks go online to get stuff like that. I'm not sure if they ship to Spain but they might. Worst case scenario is you can at least find what you need there and then figure out someone who sells it and will ship to Spain.
qualitymobilevideo.com is where I got the wiring adapters to install my Android radio. Crutchfield is definitely the go-to for an aftermarket head unit, but if you are assembling something custom, the source I used is less expensive. I actually bought two sets of connectors because I needed a pin they did not supply for the steering wheel controls.

The connectors are cheap, and shipping is going to be your biggest expense, so an extra or two would make sense to me.

·
Super Moderator
11,084 Posts
qualitymobilevideo.com is where I got the wiring adapters to install my Android radio. Crutchfield is definitely the go-to for an aftermarket head unit, but if you are assembling something custom, the source I used is less expensive. I actually bought two sets of connectors because I needed a pin they did not supply for the steering wheel controls.

The connectors are cheap, and shipping is going to be your biggest expense, so an extra or two would make sense to me.
I'll have to remember that one. I'm all for cheaper and more complete. LOL

·
Registered
925 Posts
You want this one: https://axxessinterfaces.com/product/AX-GMLAN11

If you have the Monsoon system and intend to keep it, then you should attach RCA plugs to the "speaker" wires on the harness and then connect them to the pre-amplified outputs of your new head unit (or whatever you're doing.)

Amazon USA has it for $41 and they are usually good about shipping overseas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts