Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 6 disk changer in now and want to get XM through the deck. I'm told by my dealer that I can't. But I thought as long as you had one of the upgraded radio I could. NEED HELP!!!!!!

Snappy:) :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have the 6 disk changer in now and want to get XM through the deck. I'm told by my dealer that I can't. But I thought as long as you had one of the upgraded radio I could. NEED HELP!!!!!!

Snappy:) :)
There is a thread somewhere related to this.
I have same situation. Saturn parts guys tell me all Saturn CD changers are XM ready, but the 2007 XM tuner adapter to plug into back of stereo is not available yet. Mid 2007 maybe.
Til then, I am using a MyFi portable XM tuner(several other brands available) and plug it in via port on front of stereo. Ran antannae wire behind passenger seat, out the little flip door for top, and then stuck the magnetic XM antannae next to other one.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
My understanding was that the XM antenna is integrated into the OnStar antenna, but ONLY if you order the XM option. Thus, no XM ordered, no XM antenna built in.

·
Registered
87 Posts
plus you are missing the XM "brain" that goes on the passenger wall in the trunk......i understand that even if you get the "brain" that your existing wiring harness will not have the plug in it unless you ordered the xm option.

·
Registered
366 Posts
My understanding was that the XM antenna is integrated into the OnStar antenna, but ONLY if you order the XM option. Thus, no XM ordered, no XM antenna built in.
I had a question regarding that. For those who do not have the XM "fin" on the back, where is the onstar antenna?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I had a question regarding that. For those who do not have the XM "fin" on the back, where is the onstar antenna?
The OnStar antenna is always right there on the trunk deck.:D

·
Registered
804 Posts
Just hit the Onstar button and ask...:lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Just hit the Onstar button and ask...:lol:
Whole lotta help YOU are!

I hit my OnStar button and asked, "Where is my OnStar Antenna?"

I was told:

"It is on I-5, two miles north of Alicia Parkway."

Funny - that's exactly where I was!

·
Super Moderator
6,653 Posts
I should think that you would be relieved to learn that you and your On-Star antenna were in the same place. Be kinda scary if they weren't, eh ? Especially seeing as how you were going down the interstate, and all.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: What can I say, these post ARE funny LOL :cheers: :cheers: :cool:

·
Super Moderator
6,653 Posts
cerberus : ..........Maybe I should ask them if they can find the loose nut in the car.
If your car is like mine, the loosest nut is right behind the steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts