Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked Haartz, the rag top material manufacturer, this question:
Which roof do you supply Saturn/GM for use as the top in the Saturn Sky? I am buying one, and I am looking for cleaning and care information.
This is the answer (I turned some of the words into links):

The topping used on the Saturn Sky is Haartz Stayfast cloth topping. We recommend using the Raggtopp product line for care and cleaning of our topping materials. You can get the Raggtopp products from Wolfsteins Pro-Series. You can also see our detailed recommendations for cleaning of your top on the Haartz website (www.haartz.com). Just click on "consumer info" and then on "cloth top cleaning".

Good luck with your new Saturn Sky. We think this newly designed car will be a big hit for GM and we hope you will get many years of enjoyment from your Haartz Stayfast top!

Sincerely,
The Haartz Corporation
Gordon Goodwin
Sales Manager - Exteriors​

Hear is an interview with the Wolfstein guy. He explains how things came to be with their raggtop care products. He also discusses vinyl top care. They explain why Haartz recommends the rag top cleaner and protectant.

Here is another article on how to care for the rag top.

Between the two links above, I would think that one would now know almost everything there is to know about rag top care.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thanks - just hope once ours arrives we have enough composure to slow down and treat the top properly!

·
Registered
6 Posts
dmbdlatc - great post!:thumbs: Thanks for the links. The Sky will be the first cloth top car I've had. My Austin-Healy 3000 had a vinyl top. Other cars have been metal.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Soft Top

Great information!

I've had several soft tops but haven't always treated them the best. THIS car
is going to get the best of everything!

Skylar

1 - 4 of 4 Posts