Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to know from others that have received there babys what they are using on the top to clean and condition it. I dont want to use just any soap. Thanks for all responses...:D

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Well...as you know, I don't have mine...yet. :D However, I did order the Raggtopp fabric top cleaning/protecting kit from Wolfsteins. I believe it's the product that the manufacturer of the Sky top recommends using.

http://www.wolfsteins.com/products.htm#fabric

A little pricey...but free shipping throughout the month of May. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I went on there web site and was having trouble placing an order. Even took off my pop up blocker.....:banghead:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Thanks, I went on there web site and was having trouble placing an order. Even took off my pop up blocker.....:banghead:
That's strange...maybe give them a call instead. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually the link you posted worked great :thumbs: Thank you so much. There is actually a dealer about 10 mins from my house. I will go by and see if it would be cheaper to buy from them or online. Looking at the 2 pack. Is that what you bought?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Top Care

I used Raggtopp on my Sky and can not get over how the water beads up. It is like a wax job for your top! You MUST use a product like this!!!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where can you purchase it?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Actually the link you posted worked great :thumbs: Thank you so much. There is actually a dealer about 10 mins from my house. I will go by and see if it would be cheaper to buy from them or online. Looking at the 2 pack. Is that what you bought?
Yep...I bought the 2 pack Raggtopp fabric protectant kit...I believe it was 35.95 (no tax or shipping). :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank ya dear....:cheers:

·
Registered
262 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
115 Posts
RaggTopp cleaner/protectant

Yeah I got my RaggTopp Cleaner/Protecant kit yesterday. I would like to know if there is any special techinque to apply and/or protect the windows and paint surfaces.

·
Registered
262 Posts
RedSky07 said:
Yeah I got my RaggTopp Cleaner/Protecant kit yesterday. I would like to know if there is any special techinque to apply and/or protect the windows and paint surfaces.
Directions say to clean the top, if the car is brand new from the dealer, I guess that would make it clean. BTW, as the car came home from the dealer I sprayed my top with a little water and it did NOT bead up like I thought it would. I treated it with the protectant and water beaded up much better. My advise is to treat it when you get the new car in your driveway.

What I did was put the top up with a cotton towel just along the front edge to keep the stuff off of the windshield. Roll up the windows with some more towels protecting the side windows and doors. Pop the trunk to lift the thingies up off of the trunk. Place something (like a COTTON sheet so it won't scratch the finish) along the top edge of the open and lifted trunk and close the lid with the sheet in the trunk lid near the roof. Lower the thingies back into the trunk lid, you will need to bunch up the sheet to do this.

Spray the stuff on the top. Now open the trunk and spray on the protectant to the areas that are now exposed.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ragg Topp tips

Thanks for the tips! :thumbs:

I have some old bed sheets I can use to cover the car. I think I'll double the sheet over the trunk lid just to give it a little more protection.

How many coats did you apply? Directions say 2-3 coats.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Number of Coats of RaggTopp

Thanks again! I'll probably work on the car over the holiday weekend.

Have a safe Holiday!

·
Registered
115 Posts
RaggTopp application

I used towels to cover the windshield and door windows and old bed sheets over the trunk and rear wheel flairs. That made it so much easier. I only had to clean the rear window after each application. Thanks again, DMBDLATC, for the suggestion!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just ordered the Raggtopp kit since it seems to be getting great reviews here...I have a dumb question, though: what kind of brush do you use for cleaning the top? A soft bristle brush, or something a little stiffer?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:thumbs: I just ordered it today too. Still running the free shipping for month of June on the ragtop care kit.
And that was not a dumb question, I had the same one so I researched their web site and read that they do recommend a soft bristle brush..

1 - 20 of 37 Posts