Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any aftermarket coilover sets that can actually raise the ride height? If so, how much?

Thinking about getting back into rallycross, but the saturn sits a bit low for me to be comfortable taking it on the dirt.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I would be lowering it (slightly) from stock for summer as well, but it would be awesome to have the option to raise it. Would make getting into my back alley a lot easier too.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
The BC Racing have enough range to go above or below normal ride height. I set mine for stock ride height as I had no intention of scraping off the bottom of the car on speed bumps.

·
Registered
872 Posts
If the car is driving on the dirt is the fact that the speedo is off a few MPH one way or the other make any difference?

·
Super Moderator
5,130 Posts
If the car is driving on the dirt is the fact that the speedo is off a few MPH one way or the other make any difference?
On the dirt? No, but the car isn't going to spend all of its time on dirt. That said, 5% really isn't that much difference unless you are already pushing the limit and the police officer needs to write a ticket.

·
Super Moderator
5,130 Posts
Are there any aftermarket coilover sets that can actually raise the ride height? If so, how much?

Thinking about getting back into rallycross, but the saturn sits a bit low for me to be comfortable taking it on the dirt.
SCCA Rallycross, as far as I know, requires a hardtop vehicle. Will a bolt-on hardtop get around that?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SCCA Rallycross, as far as I know, requires a hardtop vehicle. Will a bolt-on hardtop get around that?
We have had a number of miatas run in our chapter. In hindsight, they did have hardtops but they were mostly NAs, so simply the factory hard top. Honestly I completely forgot about that rule - thank you for reminding me.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I can't imagine lowering my Sky. It's stock with a clearance of 2.5" on the air dam, 4" to the front bumper chin. Have to crawl over speed bumps to avoid scraping. It always scrapes when going over the rounded curb into my garage. Lower? No thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts