Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I'm on my way to a client appointment yesterday with another associate (A fellow Executive from my firm) and as we're driving on the 101 (N) near Lankersheim, all of a sudden, this BIG, LONG, BLACK thing comes flying out of nowhere on the freeway and gets caught up under MY CAR, causing us to get "airbound" and come back down.

Now, the good news is... I'm okay. The better news is....the car (from a body perspective) is okay. The best news is..... I can still go on the ride tomorrow. I took my car to "gas" Galpin Auto Sports, where MTV's "Pimp My Ride" is taped, and ALL the guys took care of me. Despite what many of you have read on this forum about my "situation" with Galpin, I can only say it has been resolved. Galpin Auto Sports is under separate ownership and although I expected them to have MAJOR CHIPS on their SHOULDERS, they absolutely blew me away with their service, support and generosity. I showed up in a AAA towtruck with nothing but a frown on my face and tears in my eyes. I wasn't sure what to expect. Was my axel affected? Was there damage I couldn't see? Were they going to be nice? It was all "up in the air". Needless to say, on the contrary to what I expected, I got nothing but hugs, pats on the back and "don't worry" statements from all of the guys.

I told them about the ride tomorrow and they were all excited for me!!!! That was the fire (I think) that lit their tushies! They put other things aside for me. It was a good feeling.

On that note, I got a new tire and my wheel (which there is only one of, in Houston) is being shipped to replace the one I have which is a little tweaked and has a huge gash. This is forewarning that when you approach me this weekend, do so with caution. I'm still a little emotional. The other thing is, the guys there kinda put things into perspective.

I SHOULD CONSIDER MYSELF LUCKY THAT THE DRIVESHAFT DID NOT BOUNCE ON THE GROUND AND JUMP UP AND GO THROUGH MY WINDSHIELD

for this I am thankful and blessed!
Angelqute1

p.s. - today, I ordered a $75 exotic masculine arrangement with "Thank You" balloons to the guys. It was the least I could do.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Wow, Im glad your ok.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Glad to hear that your car "got the shaft" in a minimally destructive location.

As for me, if I ordered a "$75 Exotic Feminine Arrangement" my wife would have my guts for garters...

Or were you talking about flowers or something?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jdigiant said:
Glad to hear that your car "got the shaft" in a minimally destructive location.

As for me, if I ordered a "$75 Exotic Feminine Arrangement" my wife would have my guts for garters...

Or were you talking about flowers or something?
Ha Ha, a masculine FLOWER arrangement, silly!!!!! Good grief. What am I going to do with you?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I feel for you , since i had to replace 2 tires and wheels... ugh...
I am glad you are ok... I have been hit with rocks, pieces of tires and hunks of wood... the only real damage was when i hit the curb....

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Scary stuff. Glad to hear you and your car are ok.
Also good to see that you're ok with the service group. No real surprise.
They'll take great care of you. Good to know you're aware of that now too.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
So, I'm on my way to a client appointment yesterday with another associate (A fellow Executive from my firm) and as we're driving on the 101 (N) near Lankersheim, all of a sudden, this BIG, LONG, BLACK thing comes flying out of nowhere on the freeway and gets caught up under MY CAR, causing us to get "airbound" and come back down.

Now, the good news is... I'm okay. The better news is....the car (from a body perspective) is okay. The best news is..... I can still go on the ride tomorrow. I took my car to "gas" Galpin Auto Sports, where MTV's "Pimp My Ride" is taped, and ALL the guys took care of me. Despite what many of you have read on this forum about my "situation" with Galpin, I can only say it has been resolved. Galpin Auto Sports is under separate ownership and although I expected them to have MAJOR CHIPS on their SHOULDERS, they absolutely blew me away with their service, support and generosity. I showed up in a AAA towtruck with nothing but a frown on my face and tears in my eyes. I wasn't sure what to expect. Was my axel affected? Was there damage I couldn't see? Were they going to be nice? It was all "up in the air". Needless to say, on the contrary to what I expected, I got nothing but hugs, pats on the back and "don't worry" statements from all of the guys.

I told them about the ride tomorrow and they were all excited for me!!!! That was the fire (I think) that lit their tushies! They put other things aside for me. It was a good feeling.

On that note, I got a new tire and my wheel (which there is only one of, in Houston) is being shipped to replace the one I have which is a little tweaked and has a huge gash. This is forewarning that when you approach me this weekend, do so with caution. I'm still a little emotional. The other thing is, the guys there kinda put things into perspective.

I SHOULD CONSIDER MYSELF LUCKY THAT THE DRIVESHAFT DID NOT BOUNCE ON THE GROUND AND JUMP UP AND GO THROUGH MY WINDSHIELD

for this I am thankful and blessed!
Angelqute1

p.s. - today, I ordered a $75 exotic masculine arrangement with "Thank You" balloons to the guys. It was the least I could do.
Glad to here that you are okay. I know that I have nothing but priase for the service department of SOV, I am glad that you got aService at GAS as well.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I had something similar happen a while back a piece of pipe fell off the back of a truck that was in front of me in the next lane. There was absolutely nothing I could do about it but simply watch and hope.

Fortunately it stayed on the ground and I was able to ride over it with no damage.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SkyMan 07 said:
I feel for you , since i had to replace 2 tires and wheels... ugh...
I am glad you are ok... I have been hit with rocks, pieces of tires and hunks of wood... the only real damage was when i hit the curb....
I'm hoping fortunately for you, you didn't need to replace 2 20" tires. That could be expensive.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
richmcc said:
I had something similar happen a while back a piece of pipe fell off the back of a truck that was in front of me in the next lane. There was absolutely nothing I could do about it but simply watch and hope.

Fortunately it stayed on the ground and I was able to ride over it with no damage. But I realize how scary that could be.
richmcc said:

Fortunately it stayed on the ground and I was able to ride over it with no damage. But I realize how scary that could be.

Ha Ha, you have an echo!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Glad everything worked out well for you. So first racing Vette's now flying your Sky. Wow you are an adventurer.:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Glad to hear all is OK. Will talk more on Saturday at Big Boy's

·
Registered
160 Posts
WOW! Glad to hear you are oK.
The guys were right. It could have been a whole lot worse.
Goes to show too that there are lots of good folks around!
:cheers:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yikes you must have been freaking out seeing that thing coming atcha!! A few years back in my Eclipse I hit a moving semi tire (road gator) that came out from under the car in front of me! Scared the $#*% out of me!! :eek:

Glad to hear you are ok and the car has survived too!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
I'm hoping fortunately for you, you didn't need to replace 2 20" tires. That could be expensive.
2000 dollars for two 18" tires and wheels IS expensive...the tires alone were 275 each...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Angelqute1 said:

Now, the good news is... I'm okay. The better news is....the car (from a body perspective) is okay. The best news is..... I can still go on the ride tomorrow. I took my car to "gas" Galpin Auto Sports, where MTV's "Pimp My Ride" is taped, and ALL the guys took care of me. Despite what many of you have read on this forum about my "situation" with Galpin, I can only say it has been resolved. Galpin Auto Sports is under separate ownership and although I expected them to have MAJOR CHIPS on their SHOULDERS, they absolutely blew me away with their service, support and generosity. I showed up in a AAA towtruck with nothing but a frown on my face and tears in my eyes. I wasn't sure what to expect. Was my axel affected? Was there damage I couldn't see? Were they going to be nice? It was all "up in the air". Needless to say, on the contrary to what I expected, I got nothing but hugs, pats on the back and "don't worry" statements from all of the guys...........I told them about the ride tomorrow and they were all excited for me!!!! That was the fire (I think) that lit their tushies! They put other things aside for me. It was a good feeling.
Wow! You were lucky. I am guessing that it was a truck driveshaft as most cars now days have front wheel drive. Must have been a monster and I can visualize the scene and the sound..Wow! (again) you were lucky

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think Caltrans needs to do a better job of clearing LA freeways from debris....Its seems like more and more debris keeps hitting the cars. I don't remember it being as bad as now......Glad to hear your ok! :thumbs:

Marco

·
Registered
420 Posts
Thank God you're safe!

Angelqute1, you must have had an angel watching over you that day. :D

May you & your Sky recover & rejoice in clear, SAFE skies soon.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts