Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Sky Red Line
435 Posts
Youtube has been recommending some awesome old videos as of late. Here are a few of my favorite ones I've watched:

The Curve was cool. The design is dated now and I've always felt like the Curve and the Crossfire stole some ideas back and forth in their design, but at the time that was a progressive concept. Personally I'm still sad they never made the Chevy Nomad on the Kappa platform. That design had a lot of potential and could of a been a pretty cool wagon especially with the LNF in it.

·
Registered
51 Posts

two hot!

Reactions: squilliam

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Regarding the 2004 Curve Concept car, I wished they applied the basic idea of the IP cluster into the final car.

Our IP gauges set deep inside tubes has been a disaster.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Regarding the 2004 Curve Concept car, I wished they applied the basic idea of the IP cluster into the final car.
View attachment 115080
Our IP gauges set deep inside tubes has been a disaster.
View attachment 115081
Excuse me? You want to be able to tell how fast you're going? Wow. Maybe you should have bought a Ferrari with those high expectations.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Curve was cool. The design is dated now and I've always felt like the Curve and the Crossfire stole some ideas back and forth in their design, but at the time that was a progressive concept. Personally I'm still sad they never made the Chevy Nomad on the Kappa platform. That design had a lot of potential and could of a been a pretty cool wagon especially with the LNF in it.
I just want a coupe Sky.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I generally frown on blackout effort, but that yellow Solstice in Eastern Europe or Soviet Union is one great exception. A concern I have is with the front bumper skin. Though it looks fantastic, it significantly reduces air flow to the radiator.

I have to say that I hate those dang Lambo doors. I never understood the attraction to that mod. If I bought that car, going back to stock hinges would be an immediate project that could not get done fast enough.

·
Registered
376 Posts
We have a neighbor in Wisconsin that is contemplating selling her Solstice. Seriously thinking of buying it. It’s an 07 with around 30k on it. Then we could have his and hers.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's a Dodge concept I've never heard of before. Youtube just recommended it to me.
Welcome to the Dodge Slingshot:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Here's a Dodge concept I've never heard of before. Youtube just recommended it to me.
Welcome to the Dodge Slingshot:

That's a new one I hadn't seen before. Odd looking beast. Like they combined
a Nissan 350/370 Z with the back end of a BMW Z4 coupe or something. Strange
looking to me- in other words not a fan of it. Now if you want find another odd one
look up the "Copperhead" by Dodge. That caught my eye at one time- thought is
was different from the everyday norm.

LAC

·
Registered
991 Posts
Here's the safety video

Here's motor week's review:
One tough little sob of car- have no fear we're just gonna crash test
this one- into that concrete barrier system we have installed just for
this purpose- to find out what really does happen. Boom.

This next video brings me back a ways. I continue to watch this TV
show- from the 70's. The first real car program of it's day. Started out
on Maryland PBS channel. IN fact there is history in my family with this
as my mother took her car to- Pat Goss's garage for service repair.

Now days they have gone big time- Speed channel- Velocity- Motor Trend
whatever their calling it these days. I just watched this video before you posted
it. Surfing U-Tube Kappa related stuff. During the winter they film race track
stuff in S.C. I believe. However they still do some track day tests at my second
home- Summit Point Motorsports Park in the spring/summer/fall time. Their
0-60, braking tests, are done at Capital Raceway in Crofton, MD.

I was on SPMP website to see IF... there would be a racing season there this
year? Bingo- we're back in business at Turn 5. Gonna try to catch the SCCA GT
1 races- maybe a few Marrs races with my buddies. We have missed our get
togethers for the races last season with the COVID-19 crapola.

Good TV car show watch it if you can?
* Callaway Corvette SC757 ZO 6 version was filmed on the Summit Point main track
a few years ago.

Hope to work on my car- some today IF the winds hold off. Been windy here lately.
Some more polishing, top repairs, interior cleaning- good look at the under carriage
too. 72-75 degree day is approaching fast. Gonna check out a new twisty road I found
recently- might be worth a LAC Films- Blue Skies Adventure Go Pro run for posting later.

LAC

1 - 20 of 21 Posts