Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many delays and much worrying, I finally picked up my Sky today! She is just beautiful. I couldn't be happier with my dealership, they were simply the best for holding the car for me about 9 days after it was delivered to them. Many thanks to deluke for all the updates I received along the way, which kept me from pulling my hair out, and a thanks to all who offered support and encouragement along the way.

I was originally going to name it Shadow, but because I am a dork, I didn't want to copy anyone else's name. Then it became Beauty (as in Black Beauty) and since it arrived when I was in Italy, I was going with Bella (as far as during delivery this morning, when I told my saleswoman I chose the same name as her daughter!!) But after driving the car the 60 miles home from my dealership, and seeing it's aggressive lines and low slung body, Bella just seems too demure. So I'm going with the name Raven...mysterious, dark, sultry -- if my car were a person it would be Angelina Jolie!

On the way home, I already had one guy corner me at the grocery store to compliment me and ask how much it costs, one guy crossing the street who did a triple take at the car, and a woman in a BMW Z4 who couldn't drive straight because she kept staring at it!

The only one niggly thing is that the temperature gauge seemed to be running hot (I don't think it was really 96 degrees out there), and the lights in the rear view mirror stayed on after I got the car in the garage. Got to go out to check if they have turned off by now.

I took a photo with the salesgirl today but since I'm still a little jet laggy, I look like hell in it. I'm planning on getting some shots this weekend and I will post them as soon as I have done so.

Thanks again to everyone out there. This car is the best! :D

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Raven! A perfecto name! Can't wait to see the photos! The inside lights go out. And I ignore the temp. gauge. :lol:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Raven....now that's perfect.:thumbs: Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Great name!! Don't worry about the temp, just enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
239 Posts
"Never More!" quoth the Raven - Edgar Allen Poe...great name and great lineage...congrats...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Great name for a great car. Sorry I took "Shadow".

·
Registered
388 Posts
Congrats! I was so tempted to drive down to the dealer this morning and meet Misty and see you off on your maiden voyage, but I had sooo many things to do today that I was unable to. It would have been fun driving in our Sky next to yours. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
:crazy: Quick ... what's my car's name?

Look forward to photo's. :cheers:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Congratulations! Raven - I like it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Great Name!

Just in time for the weekend! Enjoy your new ride. :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Senior Member
635 Posts
congratulations, great name. Hopefully no gentle rapping at your door. Outside temperature? With the top down you already know and with the top up who cares?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts