Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I drive a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon, and I have switched out the stock "H" Hyundai badge for the Korean badges. I did this for the "wow" factor, as in 03 very few people had seen the Hyundai Tiburon, and didn't know (or believe) that it was a Hyundai.

After seeing these 2 photos of the Opel ( 1 & 2) I would like to do the same on the Sky. Of course, I have no problem that it’s a "Saturn". I just think it would be neat to have the Opel badges on the Sky.

Does anyone know how difficult this mod would be? On the Hyundai you just need a thin wire (like fishing wire) and some "Goo Gone" to get the Stock Badges off...the Korean badges just pop right on where the old ones used to be.

However, on the Sky the front badge looks like it's integrated into that chrome bar on the front of the car, and it looks like it would be a more difficult mod on the Sky. I guess you would have to replace the whole chrome piece.

Does anyone know how that chrome piece is attached?

·
Registered
802 Posts
I vote not to re-badge! It's a Saturn for godsake!

lbsst14 said:
Currently I drive ............... I guess you would have to replace the whole chrome piece.
Does anyone know how that chrome piece is attached?
I don't know at this point, but I got a close look at a similar one on the Saturn Vue and it may be epoxy/glue to the inside of the chome grill.
If you find out let me know as I would like to replace the solid one with red plastic and highlight it from the back with LED's (lights). I think it belongs to Saturn and not Opel.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Rear Saturn Emblem

you need to consider the rear emblem is mounted on a raised area the same shape as the emblem and is moulded into the rear bumper cover... then you need to change the one between the seats and the one on the steering wheel

·
Registered
623 Posts
It would be hard to change the badging.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts