Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
The problem was the toilet wax ring. The contractor who tiled the floor and installed the toilet long ago had the closet flange set below the finished floor level. I have to add a flange spacer with lots of sealant to set it at the proper height 1/4" above the finished floor, then it's a text book installation from there.

I have another problem now with the Sky from this incident. I machine-buffed the hood to remove the minor abrasions left from the soaked drywall that landed on it. Now the hood looks much better than the trunk lid. I have to buff that thing now. ;) Money Pit constantly demands my attention.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
good news

·
Premium Member
4,190 Posts
I just installed a replacement toilet. It is also sitting on tile that requires a spacer. I found a new type of seal that is not wax. It uses a combination of foam and plastic seating surfaces and is easy to install and works very well. Easy to work with.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I just installed a replacement toilet. It is also sitting on tile that requires a spacer. I found a new type of seal that is not wax. It uses a combination of foam and plastic seating surfaces and is easy to install and works very well. Easy to work with.
Interesting. I will review my options at the home improvement center.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have to say, that's a really cool blue color for the Sky!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I went into the garage to pull out the lawn mower and found this.
View attachment 113059
View attachment 113061
View attachment 113062
Apparently the wax ring of the toilet above failed causing this. It drips on the hood of the Sky when flushing that toilet. The bathroom itself is dry as a bone so the water leak is below floor level.

The first thing I did was take pictures, then called our home owners insurance which also provides our auto insurance. We will see how this plays out.

First thing is to get the car out of harms way, then clean it to see if there was any damage to the car. Then repair the toilet leak because the leak itself is not covered. The damage from the leak "is" covered.

I think our Jeep Liberty is okay, but I need to inspect it too.
It surprisingly looks okay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went into the garage to pull out the lawn mower and found this.
View attachment 113059
View attachment 113061
View attachment 113062
Apparently the wax ring of the toilet above failed causing this. It drips on the hood of the Sky when flushing that toilet. The bathroom itself is dry as a bone so the water leak is below floor level.

The first thing I did was take pictures, then called our home owners insurance which also provides our auto insurance. We will see how this plays out.

First thing is to get the car out of harms way, then clean it to see if there was any damage to the car. Then repair the toilet leak because the leak itself is not covered. The damage from the leak "is" covered.

I think our Jeep Liberty is okay, but I need to inspect it too.
That's horrible! We had a Solstice, same color, LOVED her! Got a turbo Sky now... love her just a bit more. :) Hope your Sky is OK.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Yes our Sky survived well, no dents, only minute surface abrasions that buffed out perfectly. The hood now looks better than before. I have to buff the rear deck lid to match it's beauty.

My wife "LOVES" this Ming Blue Metallic with the black top and interior. She says it's my colors. My personal favorite is a candy apple red with a tan top and all tan interior (that does not exist) but I am not complaining.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts