Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so my wife and I traveled to a traveling roadshow and saw the pre-producion Sky. My wife and I were talking to our salesman and he hands us a printout that on the bottom corner says GM confidential as of 5-27-05.

Under " Options" and then under "stand alone options" it says "Rear decklid spoiler"

What would that be?

Turk

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Look on the page of the Sky Calendar that looks like it is the R&D center with the girl in the front, there is a Sky in the background with dual exhaust and a spoiler on it, I bet that is the protorype for the Sky spoiler that was being refered to.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
classic66vair said:
Look on the page of the Sky Calendar that looks like it is the R&D center with the girl in the front, there is a Sky in the background with dual exhaust and a spoiler on it, I bet that is the protorype for the Sky spoiler that was being refered to.
That calendar photo is a teaser for great things to come in the future. If it doesn't then one of the car mod./TV reality shows will try to change a SKY. Who knows it could be in a music video.

·
Registered
554 Posts
One of GM's newer philosphy is to get some of the addon parts market. I think some bean counters have evaluated how much money is being lossed to the aftermarket providers, and compared that to cost of warranty on these items and decided it was more favorable from a cost standpoint to sell them then not too. The image of GM gains from these type of product offers too. You the owner benefit when you resell your vehicle with geninue GM parts added on as opposed to having those beautiful APC parts. :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Delnari said:
One of GM's newer philosphy is to get some of the addon parts market. I think some bean counters have evaluated how much money is being lossed to the aftermarket providers, and compared that to cost of warranty on these items and decided it was more favorable from a cost standpoint to sell them then not too. The image of GM gains from these type of product offers too. You the owner benefit when you resell your vehicle with geninue GM parts added on as opposed to having those beautiful APC parts. :)
Have you seen some of the ugly body kits and spoilers offered in the aftermarket....some make you want to throw up..

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Sorry that is not for me, it brakes the lines of the rear deck, it looks to much like an after thought and not an integral part of the design of the car.

·
Registered
328 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Sorry that is not for me, it brakes the lines of the rear deck, it looks to much like an after thought and not an integral part of the design of the car.
I do not want one either, but here is a better photo of one up close.

http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000940059534

PS: The XM/On*Star antenna is pictured , as well.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
achieftain said:
And also some funky right side antennas that reminds me of "breaker 1-9"
The antena is more then liekly used for staying in communication with your crew at all times via short wave radio type of system along with transmitting back real time data, GPS info, etc. These are prototype cars more then liekly being used to develope the platform.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Man is that rear deck spoiler butt ugly :banghead: :banghead: Wouldn't have it on my SKY. Really breaks up the lines. Put me down for a smooth tail SKY. :eek:

·
Registered
328 Posts
brentil said:
The antena is more then liekly used for staying in communication with your crew at all times via short wave radio type of system along with transmitting back real time data, GPS info, etc. These are prototype cars more then liekly being used to develope the platform.
The other On*Star/XM combo looks like a fin, which I think is just as ugly. :eek: :banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Lost Sol said:
The other On*Star/XM combo looks like a fin, which I think is just as ugly. :eek: :banghead:
Yeah, I agree. That's why instead of paying $300 for XM I got a Roady2 and I'll put the antena where I want it to go.

·
Registered
328 Posts
brentil said:
Yeah, I agree. That's why instead of paying $300 for XM I got a Roady2 and I'll put the antena where I want it to go.
:cheers: That's the way to go, or Ipod.

·
Registered
554 Posts
XM has installed the antenna into the side mirror on the new Corvette. I imagine this will be an aftermarket or dealer item sometime next year.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
brentil said:
Brentil...

it will still have the same antenna without the XM!!! :brentil:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
Brentil...

it will still have the same antenna without the XM!!! :brentil:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
Not on my Solstice that has no XM or OnStar.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
I can live with the small XM/OnStar fin- I actually kind of like it. The regular mast antenna, however, will be going straight into the garbage. That thing looks cheap and ugly and I'm wholly uninterested in seeing it on my car. I haven't listened to FM radio in almost 3 years and I doubt I'll start next Spring.

Oh, how I wish they'd managed to put it all in the windshield surround!

·
Registered
554 Posts
reedred said:
I can live with the small XM/OnStar fin- I actually kind of like it. The regular mast antenna, however, will be going straight into the garbage. That thing looks cheap and ugly and I'm wholly uninterested in seeing it on my car. I haven't listened to FM radio in almost 3 years and I doubt I'll start next Spring.

Oh, how I wish they'd managed to put it all in the windshield surround!
A windsheild surround mount is considered too expensive and would not be easily servicable. A mount inside the side mirrors was easier and more servicable too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts