Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the part number for the rear panel...that is what it is called, not a fascia....gm part# 15858805. Double check it to be sure. I got it off the parts dept computer at my dealership. Now to order it!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sweet

Thanks for the info I am definitely going to get this part

·
Registered
877 Posts
marlboromike said:
this is the part number for the rear panel...that is what it is called, not a fascia....gm part# 15858805. Double check it to be sure. I got it off the parts dept computer at my dealership. Now to order it!
Did they give you a price?

·
Registered
18,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the only price I got was 249 and change for the roadster's panel...I figure it has to be the same....remember, they r using less plastic..:lol:

I am getting employee pricing...they said about 125 for me...I got lucky, that's all.

MarlboroMike

·
Registered
877 Posts
$249 not so bad........ waiting for a dual catback from magnaflow........

·
Registered
420 Posts
vstar said:
$249 not so bad........ waiting for a dual catback from magnaflow........
:agree: :agree:

hmm, I wonder which will be released first...the rear panel or Magnaflow's dual exhaust! :lol: No matter what, I'm still getting both!

·
Registered
877 Posts
No more waiting............ Did enough of that already........:lol:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Finally got a chance to call about the rear facia.

I called 4 dealerships and they all told me that the above part number did not exist and basically were not helpful at all.

The 5th dealer was finally helpful. He pulled up the parts list for the RL and bammoo! he read of the exact part number posted above-- 15858805

but...

still not available to order and he wasn't sure when it would be. He said "normally" they will have the parts available before the model is released but with the sky it has been different.

he said that some parts weren't available for the base sky for weeks after release and then when they did come that they were for dealer use only.

meaning they could only order them to replace/repair current sky owners cars under warranty or what not. That they couldn't sell them directly to the public thru the parts dept as they wanted to make sure parts were available to current customers first and not Joe shmo off the street buying up parts to sell them at a premium on ebay.

I thought this was understandable as I would be pissed if I went in to get some warranty work done to find out parts were on shortage but yet they were on ebay for a zillion dollars.

He said he really had no idea when the RL rear panel would be available but that I should call back in a few weeks. He had no idea what price would be.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
What about the second square tip for the driver side? whats the part # on that?

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
What about the second square tip for the driver side? whats the part # on that?
I don't think you'll be happy with putting the same tip on the driver side. Take a look at the shape of it... it's not really square... the upper right corner is rounded. For it all to look right, you'll have to get two matching tips and lose the factory one.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
no i mean the redline 2nd time on that car... i know they are angeled for each side :)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
no i mean the redline 2nd time on that car... i know they are angeled for each side :)
sorry but I didn't think to ask as I will be going with aftermarket tips.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts