Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member of the forum. I am picking up my sky tomorrow at a dealership in Pittsburgh, PA. I ordered a spoiler from the dealer as a aftermarket addition and the dealer said it cost $800.00 (cost of spoiler, paint, and installation), when I quoted the price from the sky web site, he said that when you order it after the car has been delivered you can't get the original price. Is anyone aware of this policy and has anyone out there purchased a rear spoiler after they purchased their car? I would hate to think that this dealership is trying to rip me off. Please help.:confused:
yelrub

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just my opinion but; Cancel the order. The aftermarket will offer far cooler spoilers in the near future. I also feel spoilers are a fashion (fad) statement, but i do see their appeal.

·
Registered
277 Posts
here is how I would break the price down....They are not "Pre painted" so 200-300 for spoiler, $350 to paint...(Cost of any panel on the car no mater what size....) and $100-$150 to install....I'd say it is ballpark ok! Only thing else you could (and should) do is buy the spoiler unpainted from the dealer....go to a nice body shop and they should do the job for couple hundred less!! just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Where in VA??

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Some colors come pre-painted and some don't. As I write this I don't know which ones do come painted but I could find out in the next few days. :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
517 Posts
SKY Spy said:
Some colors come pre-painted and some don't. As I write this I don't know which ones do come painted but I could find out in the next few days. :thumbs:

Regards,

Maybe I was partially right!

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
HotSky said:
Maybe I was partially right!
:thumbs:

:lol: :cheers: :lol:

Regards,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mynewsolstice said:
here is how I would break the price down....They are not "Pre painted" so 200-300 for spoiler, $350 to paint...(Cost of any panel on the car no mater what size....) and $100-$150 to install....I'd say it is ballpark ok! Only thing else you could (and should) do is buy the spoiler unpainted from the dealer....go to a nice body shop and they should do the job for couple hundred less!! just my 2 cents!
thanks alot, I feel a little better now.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yes, and after all of effort and money, the colors won't match.

I have the spoiler on my SKY and I like it. But if I didn't get it when I ordered the car, I would leave it OFF the car. It serves NO purpose except for looks. If the colors don't match, what have you gained?

IMHO, leave the car alone. The car looks great either way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts