Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an option to order:
"electrochromic technology, which darkens rearview mirrors"
I have this on my driver's side mirror and on my rear view mirror in my SSR and could not live without it now that I am spoiled with this terrific feature. My mirrors turn a nice tint of blue at night and I get absolutely no glare at all from the vehicles behind me.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
I have the same thing in my H2--Love that feature. I was surprised that the Sky didn't have that, at least used on the rear view mirror, since it has all the buttons on it also--I don't think we will ever see it on our cars tho. Should that "option" ever become availiable in the future, I would definitely do the mod, since we sit so low to the ground, it would of been a extremely nice feature--

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I have the same thing on my Toyota Highlander. It's a nice feature but, the Highlander cost about 10k more that the Sky. I think over the next few years more options will be added to the kappa cars. Then again, they may go the way of the Fiero, who knows?

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have it in my Ram but I think if you try to alter the mirror in the SKY you will lose OnStar, if that matters to you.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Feature seems a bit.. um..excessive, no?
Absolutely not, no offense. But once you have this feature, and you have some idiot on a dark road coming on hard from behind with his high beam and his fog lamps on, or the new brite HID lamps, you tend to appreciate this feature--:thumbs: I guess you would need to experience this to see (literally) what I mean. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
6,568 Posts
My mirror has a little lever on it that switches it to dim mode. Works great. I guess I just don't mind shifting things myself.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, once you experience this safety feature, you can't live without it. It is so much more enhanced than the old fashioned dim switch which is no comparison to what these electronic features do for you. When I finally get my sky, like you said, you will sit terribly low and there are so many Johnny Jacked up trucks in our Va. Bch. area with those "Blue H-Def" lights, it will surely blind ya. I have researched and found that this technology is expensive but coming in most autos soon. Too bad GM could not take the lead and put it in all their vehicles. What a great ploy for safety advertising for them it would be. Are you listening GM?:jester:

·
Super Moderator
6,568 Posts
Well, I have my Sky, it does sit low, and here in Kentucky we have more than our share of jacked-up trucks, and I do live without this convenience feature quite well, thank you.

I've read about another innovation, a transmission that shifts, all by itself, and some guy told me that once I experienced one, I'd never want to shift my own gears again. Safer, too, don't have to worry about no clutch, and you can even drive and talk on the cell phone, or even drink, at the same time, cause you only need one hand to drive. Imagine that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts