Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is not for blocking it completely - Only time the top is not down is when its raining (only cause I dont want the leather seats messed up).

Besides - you can personalize the Kappashield without marking up the car...

"GO JAGS" is on my Kappashield.

·
Registered
129 Posts
After driving the Sky today I decided to start buying her some presents. The first thing I bought was the wind screen. I've also purchased two vinly decals for her sides and two smaller one for both sides of the screen. What I'll place in the center of the screen still to be determined. I was in 7th heaven today while driving the Sky. I can only imagine the feeling when I put the top down. As far as the belt extender goes I will make my own. Kappasphere want's $39.95 for them and it doesn't look like rocket science for someone to make their own up. I'll use stainless steel for the ones I make for myself. I've already purchased my crystal pink heart to hang from the rear view mirror and also a mount for my GPS system. Now all I need is the Sky. Oh, the decals are "Pink Fairies", which I might add, are sexy to say the least. I've decided not to let the dealer put on the front plate holder and will see if I can get a back order statement from the dealership for the holder in case the local authorities hassle me about not having a front plate.
Jayne

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Ernest said:
Why? A roadster is for wind in your hair. If you are afraid of wind messing your hair, get a sedan with a sunroof:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old school Skip here . Cut your hair and it won't blow in the wind. Did I say that out loud? Oh now I am going to catch it . bye. Skip....:thumbs: :cheers:

·
Registered
389 Posts
hixclan said:
The Kappashield should be one of the 1st accessories that you purchase.
Are you using your Kappashield on your car? The "aerofarings" are a little different from the Solstice and didn't know if it fits the sky's like it does the Solstice or if they would have to modify it for the Sky.
I have another question, on Skys with monsoon I have read that the pocket on the back of the passenger seat is omitted. Are they talking about the pocket used by this Kappasphere product?
http://www.kappasphere.com/images/product/interior/xtender/beltxtender_installation.pdf

·
Registered
140 Posts
Picked up our SKY.

My wife and I just picked up our SKY yesterday, Silver Black premium, 6 cd premium leather, Chrome wheels, XM, LSD, #1 at my dealer Saturn of the Valley in PA. I can sum up the driving exerience in on word, WOW. For everyone who is waiting for their SKY, it is well worth the wait. The car is way beyond what I expected. I was surprised with the pockets behind both seat once you fold the seats forward.

If Motor Trend dings this car, cancel your subscriptions. It is one find auto. Good luck to all.

One final note, my son is 6'4" and he was amazed with the room when he drove it (only around the block).

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
bobfred44 said:
My wife and I just picked up our SKY yesterday, Silver
One final note, my son is 6'4" and he was amazed with the room when he drove it (only around the block).

Now THAT is very good to hear! My hubby has been concerned about legroom...he's 6'3". We have not been able to sit in one just yet. I'm hoping that he feels the same way your son does. :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
GRinLR said:
I have another question, on Skys with monsoon I have read that the pocket on the back of the passenger seat is omitted. Are they talking about the pocket used by this Kappasphere product?
GRinLR,AR
I saw a Sky that had the Monsoon in it. The passenger seat is NOT effected. But, the sub woffer is located in the car behind the passenger seat, nothing to do with the seat itself. I did not see the driver's side, but there is supposed to be a mini storage area behind both seats. The sub woofer is installed behind the passanger seat in place of the mini storage area.

·
Registered
389 Posts
dmbdlatc said:
GRinLR,AR
I saw a Sky that had the Monsoon in it. The passenger seat is NOT effected. But, the sub woffer is located in the car behind the passenger seat, nothing to do with the seat itself. I did not see the driver's side, but there is supposed to be a mini storage area behind both seats. The sub woofer is installed behind the passanger seat in place of the mini storage area.
That is what I was wondering about. I read that there was storage compartments behind the seats but I didn't know if that was in addition to the pockets on the back of the seats. I saw on the solstice forum that some did'nt like the placement of the seatbelts and the Kappasphere holders seemed like a good idea. Just wanted to make sure both seats had the pockets on the back before ordering.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Ernest said:
Why? A roadster is for wind in your hair. If you are afraid of wind messing your hair, get a sedan with a sunroof:lol: :lol: :lol:
Have pity on us up north -- with a kappa shield (or like-product) it extends the time we can drive with the top down... :D

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
GRinLR said:
The storage pocket that they are referring to is on the back wall of the cockpit behind the driver seat only. Here is a pic of the area behind my driver's seat. You can kinda see the pocket it has a kind of elastic netting to hold things in(about 2 inches deep, 4-5 inches tall, 8 inches across). Both seats have the leather pockets in the front and back for maps(the seatbelt extenders would fit there). The passenger seat has the speaker behind it. I'll try to get a pic of it tomorrow for ya!:D

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dmbdlatc said:
GRinLR,AR

and when you pump up the base - the passenger can feel it through and through

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
bobfred44 said:
My wife and I just picked up our SKY yesterday, Silver Black premium, 6 cd premium leather, Chrome wheels, XM, LSD, #1 at my dealer Saturn of the Valley in PA. I can sum up the driving exerience in on word, WOW. For everyone who is waiting for their SKY, it is well worth the wait. The car is way beyond what I expected. I was surprised with the pockets behind both seat once you fold the seats forward.

If Motor Trend dings this car, cancel your subscriptions. It is one find auto. Good luck to all.

Where in PA are you located, and what Valley is Saturn of the Valley referring to?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Allentown Pa. Saturn of the (Lehigh) Valley. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Who does the personalization? I like the idea of the led lights

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Im planning on changing the 2 lights in the rear view mirror to a dark amber orange to match the interior better and provide for a cooler ambient lighting when needed at night. Just think when you unlock/lock the car and it has a nice orange glow rather than a glaring bright light.

I know this isn't an accessory but I also recommend getting a California Water Blade, I like it so much more than a shammie and it works great on all the sharp edges of the sky.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does anybody know anythign about the luggage rack that was advertised a while back. I must say I thought it would look utterlly ridiculous, but it gives the car a roadster look. Price? Availability?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
FalconSky said:
Does anybody know anythign about the luggage rack that was advertised a while back. I must say I thought it would look utterlly ridiculous, but it gives the car a roadster look. Price? Availability?
Yeah you think its rediculous till you realize how little space there is in the trunk... here is a couple links you may find useful:

Some vendors (from Sol site):
http://www.roofrackshop.co.uk/boot/boot.htm
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/accessories/at102.htm
http://chromdesign.de/eshopmain.htm
http://www.vacu-rak.com/

Saturn also has their own accessory luggage rack but I dont see it on Saturn.com and "Sky Dealer" had it listed a while back in a spec and pics document of available accessories ... here is a pic of what it was supposed to be:

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
The saturn one is nice...I def. like that one...is it available yet or is it in that catagory of 'things to come'

1 - 20 of 24 Posts