Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could not believe the phone call I got tonight from my dealer, "your Sky just arrived". I had just recieved a call from the dealer on May 8th, he said my Sky was still at the plant awaiting transit, after being released for transit on May1st. Then it pops out of nowhere, they had four Sky's delivered today.
Will pick it up tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
74 Posts
congratulations and remember pictures, pictures!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congratulations! Ours came into Indy (south) yesterday, along with another one. We picked it up this afternoon...too bad it won't be convertible weather here for the next several days.

·
Registered
74 Posts
congratulations to you also kit, pictures please!!! this waiting is really harder than I thought it would be.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kit said:
Congratulations! Ours came into Indy (south) yesterday, along with another one. We picked it up this afternoon...too bad it won't be convertible weather here for the next several days.
No kidding on the weather in Indy, rain through next Tuesday. Hopefully I can get it home during a break in the weather. Congrats are your Sky being delivered too!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
usmc said:
something wierd is going on with thesystem this week.

my dates and codes are exactly like yours. and the part about how it just showed up, something strange is afoot.

see how similiar are situations are--

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4309
Your right, I figured when the dealer call last Monday that it would be at least another week or two, then bam. Maybe yours will arrive overnight and you will get the call tomorrow. Will be looking for your post on it's arrival.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
indysky said:
Your right, I figured when the dealer call last Monday that it would be at least another week or two, then bam. Maybe yours will arrive overnight and you will get the call tomorrow. Will be looking for your post on it's arrival.

ooohhhh! don't even talk like that!!! I'm already going to have enough:willy: trouble sleeping tonight now that my car is at 4200.... the thought that its even possible that it could "just appear"..... I won't sleep a wink!!!:willy:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
usmc said:
something wierd is going on with thesystem this week.

my dates and codes are exactly like yours. and the part about how it just showed up, something strange is afoot.

see how similiar are situations are--

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4309
Well mine did about the same thing, My dealer had no Idea mine was even built untill he was notified it was on the truck.....
but he said Saturn does that alot, sometimes the cars will just start showing up and they haven't even gotten any paperwoprk yet...

·
Registered
76 Posts
CONGRATS INDYSKY AND KIT................:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
10 Posts
sky-high

indysky said:
Could not believe the phone call I got tonight from my dealer, "your Sky just arrived". I had just recieved a call from the dealer on May 8th, he said my Sky was still at the plant awaiting transit, after being released for transit on May1st. Then it pops out of nowhere, they had four Sky's delivered today.
Congrats on getting your sky in.
I am still waiting for mine to arrive at Greenwood store. Were all the skys delivered to your dealership? What Indy store are you dealing with. Mine was imaged on Mar. 6 and still no word except code 3000. Glad to hear they are finally coming to Indy. Appreciate any iinfo you can give me. Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
sky-high... two were delivered to the Greenwood location on Tues. of this week. Mine and another...both were picked up yesterday.

·
Registered
225 Posts
How many Skys are on the south side of Indy (Greenwood area)? All I've seen is 1 Solstice, but I've heard a red one was delivered over a month ago. I can't wait to see a handful zipping the streets.

My antecdote:
I've never owned a manual transmission, nor really driven one much. So I tried the one at the Fishers store and never could get the car into first gear w/o stalling. So I borrowed a friend's truck (w/ a manual) to practice. After practicing, the friend asked me what car I was planning to buy. At that moment the question was complete, a light gray "Sky" zipped by, and I pointed it out. Now, I think that was really the Solstice I've seen since it quickly passed by.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
indysky said:
You might want to check the mileage on your SKY. Perhaps they decided to forgo the trucks/trains and "Drove em like they stole em..." for delivery!:thumbs: :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Congrats IndySky!!! That's awesome!! :D

I'm loving the sound of all these SKY's arriving that were imaged mid-March!! I was imaged only 1 day after you and had the same options with the only exception of color! I have had no news, but I'm just hoping we'll hear something soon!! :willy:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sky-high said:
I am still waiting for mine to arrive at Greenwood store. Were all the skys delivered to your dealership? What Indy store are you dealing with. Mine was imaged on Mar. 6 and still no word except code 3000. Glad to hear they are finally coming to Indy. Appreciate any iinfo you can give me. Thanks
Sky-High, While talking to my dealer today on a pick up time, he told me they had two more Sky's come into day. He didn't say if there were anymore on the hauler for delivery else where. Like I said earlier, there was no communication between the dealer and the factory from ready for release to carrier (May 1st) and the call that it is delivered (May 10th). If yours was imaged only one day after mine you should have got a TPW somewhere around April 24th also. I will ask my salesman tonight at 4:30 when I pick mine up if he has any news on the Greenwood deliveries. Good Luck!!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sky-high said:
Forgot to tell you Sky-High, I'm going through Saturn of Fishers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jen said:
Congrats IndySky!!! That's awesome!! :D

I'm loving the sound of all these SKY's arriving that were imaged mid-March!! I was imaged only 1 day after you and had the same options with the only exception of color! I have had no news, but I'm just hoping we'll hear something soon!! :willy:
Jen, yours should be here any day if you were scheduled for production the 24th. That was the same week mine was built, the hauler probably left Indy and headed your way with yours!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
indysky said:
Jen, yours should be here any day if you were scheduled for production the 24th. That was the same week mine was built, the hauler probably left Indy and headed your way with yours!!
I certainly hope soooo!!! :D I'm not for sure what exactly what was done on ours 4/24, but I hope it gets here soon!! I'm so ready!!! :willy:

Congrats again!! Enjoy it!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
27 Posts
etw98 said:
How many Skys are on the south side of Indy (Greenwood area)? All I've seen is 1 Solstice, but I've heard a red one was delivered over a month ago. I can't wait to see a handful zipping the streets.
QUOTE]

etw98 - Re: the red one from Greenwood, delivered a month ago...it went to Muncie. Mine is midnight blue and you might see that one zipping around the south side. The other one that came in Tues. was black and I'm not sure where that couple lives.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts