Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer finally gave me the opportunity at an image, I was 3rd in line here. Problem is the Red leather interior is not avail. My dealer said we can order it with just the black and change it all the way up until the build date. If the Red does not come avail, then I can either keep the black OR give up my place to the next guy and wait again. My question is what is the likelyhood that the Red will become available again within the next couple weeks AND that those pent up Red interior orders don't take all the materials? I would really like to get my order in soon, but don't want to give up the Red Interior. But if it is going to be 6 Months, I might as well go witht he Standard Black interior.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Good luck on gettin a firm answer, lot of theories though!!!:lol: :lol: :D I hope you do get an answer, I have exhausted all channels, But I am red leather, I couldn't change it now even if I wanted to, it is locked in. Just have to wait and see. Darn GM order system!!!:banghead: :brentil: :mad:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Red Leather

All of the earliest brochurers shows a Silver Sky with Red Leather. That was 10 months ago and now that they are in production they don't have RED.

GM needs to take someone :mad: in purchasing/production out to the wood shed.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
N Schmitt said:
All of the earliest brochurers shows a Silver Sky with Red Leather. That was 10 months ago and now that they are in production they don't have RED.

GM needs to take someone :mad: in purchasing/production out to the wood shed.
I think they are in producing them, but in a limited amount. Each round of images released has X amount of black/red allotted. Once reached it is restricted till more become available. Another scenario, God forbid, is their is a monumantal screw up in the whole rd leather concept and Saturn is to embarrassed to come forward and admit they screwed up. The problem lies is the time frame it could take to correct this, I do believe that they should at least modify the order system toallow changes in those already accepted, as myself, to black. One of these days someone with enough balls to come forward and enlighten us, I hope, however I don't think they want to admit to such a gigantic screw-up, how about it Saturn, anyone care to step forward?

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Look at it this way, the longer they take the better the chance of them getting it right!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Starting to think I would be better off just gettin the standard interior and ordering custom Red Leather racing seats. I Live in Arizona, and the black leather would be unbearable in the 110 degree Arizona summers.

·
Registered
554 Posts
CyaL8r said:
Starting to think I would be better off just gettin the standard interior and ordering custom Red Leather racing seats. I Live in Arizona, and the black leather would be unbearable in the 110 degree Arizona summers.
No, the black leather seats are consider a racing option in the Arizona heat. The hotter it gets the better you stick to the seat. :lol:

·
Registered
174 Posts
My car was ordered just about the same time as Ernest..Black car, Red/Black leather interior...Mine is due in the end of this week or early next week as the first image from the dealer. As far as he knows and as far as I know the car shpuld hit the door as ordered (red/black interior)..so they did produce, but we shall see............pphjj

·
Registered
450 Posts
another rumor???? My friend went to a car show...and the Saturn rep. said they are not going to do the red/black interior.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Ernest,
I seem to have a pretty good track record so far on this forum and others in predicting this stuff. (maybe I can see dead people too) but heres my 2 cents--

1 of 2 things happened-

1) they initially accepted a certain percentage of red leather thinking that they would be able to fill all of them. Then for some reason (that we will probably never know) they didn't get all the red they expected to to fill the small allocation of red that they previously accepted. So they built the ones they could. You were at the end of the line and when they got to your order... ooops, not enough red left to finish this car so we'll push it aside till we get more in. Hence, the code 030. There could be a million reasons that they ran out of red and a million more on why the don't have any now but if you read the SOL forum as often as you read this one, you will learn alot! I probably read that forum more than this.. they have been there done that.
One thing I base this theory on is that they had very similiar thing happened to them with chrome wheels. (rumor over there has it that there was a contract dispute with the wheel makers so they stopped sending wheels until it was resolved)
I ordered my car today and the dealer said when he tried red that he got a message saying "not available for this TPW". which means I am out of luck unless I want to give up my spot. Which I didn't, so black it is.

2) your car has been built and is maybe waiting for carrier. We saw in the first batch of images that they didn't exactly follow the "rules" on the status of the cars. they sat at 030 and then all of a sudden went to "waiting for carrier" what happend to the in between codes?
I think that they did that on purpose so that they could be sure QA was done on all demos and that they shipped at about the same time without getting everyones hopes up which would have resulted in PO'd customers in the end.

I honestly think that theory #1 is it though, we haven't seen them really do the same things with the codes on the second or third batch of images so I think that was just an initial, first run thing.

anyway, I wasn't going to say anything about my theory but I can tell that your stressin over this.. my theories probably aren't going to help that but heres to red interiors being made available soon :cheers:

PS- why don't thye unlock the order so you can change it?? dunno, but they didn't do that for the sol owners either. They got stuck waiting.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Karen said:
another rumor???? My friend went to a car show...and the Saturn rep. said they are not going to do the red/black interior.
not a slam on you Karen, but my dog has more info on the sky than those reps at the car shows. (yes, I've been telling fido all about my sky cause my wife is tired of hearing it :D )

I think they did produce some with red, they wouldn't ship a car a customer didn't order. I will say that it is possible that they stop producing red but I doubt it. Look at the bright side, those of you who got the red... possibly get you a few extra bucks due to rarity at trade in time?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I agree with your theories, makes good sense. The absence of Event code information is that the GM Vehicle Management System, which the SKY's are in, does have the same information access that dealers had with the old Saturn system. Hence the lack of event code changes that are accesible. It seems to go from 030, which isa the last accessible point, & then next time it shows up is VINed and ready for ship.

I don't have but a minor annoyance with having to wait, my anger stems from the lack of consideration the Saturn or GM people are showing in updating us on the problem. The lack of consideration they are showing will have a definite negative effect on their reputation. If I wasn't a loyal Saturn customer for almost a decade, I would , quite frankly speak of them in negative way. This is totally unacceptable on this issue, their stance can have nothing but a negative effect on future business.

A straight forward, honest response to this issue would go a long way toward customer relations. I know a few of us on the Forum would regain some faith. Me particularly. A company who prides itself on Honesty & fairness, has suddenly become evasive/deceptive.:rolleyes: :banghead: :mad:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
CyaL8r said:
I live in Az too and am still getting leather, just put a seat cover on in the summer time. Besides I dont think I will have the top down when its that hot, gonna use the a/c baby....:lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts