Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people here are ordering their SKY with the Red & Black leather two-toned interior? If you are, what color exterior are you getting? I was pretty sure I was going to get a Midnight Blue with Black Leather SKY, but now I'm considering the Silver Graphite with the Red & Black Leather. Looking for some input from the group. TIA!

·
Registered
155 Posts
After seeing the red/black leather in person I will NOT be getting it. I will be getting the black/black leather. The red reminded me of being sun-burned for some reason. Another thing to consider, if your wearing a blue or green or brown or anything besides black white or red you are going to look real funny against the red. I have a funny feeling the red will fade to pink after a few summers. I wish they made matching leather to the outside color. Black/blue or black/grey or maybe silver leather.

Mine will be Silver Pearl with black/black leather.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I think the red/black int. is really hot with the Silver, Graphite, or Black ext. I was considering Graphite with that interior but saw the Midnight Blue at the dealership and loved it.
Just think of the little flash of red as you are speeding along. It will really turn some heads!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
GMguy74 said:
How many people here are ordering their SKY with the Red & Black leather two-toned interior? If you are, what color exterior are you getting? I was pretty sure I was going to get a Midnight Blue with Black Leather SKY, but now I'm considering the Silver Graphite with the Red & Black Leather. Looking for some input from the group. TIA!
I've had my heart set on Silver Graphite with red/black interior for some time. That's what I'll be getting if I don't fall in love with the BMW I'm looking at tomorrow. I don't know if I can take the waiting anymore.

·
Registered
275 Posts
reedred said:
I've had my heart set on Silver Graphite with red/black interior for some time. That's what I'll be getting if I don't fall in love with the BMW I'm looking at tomorrow. I don't know if I can take the waiting anymore.
I've also been checking out the BMW Z4....just keeping my options open! The Z4 is amazing to say the least! Good luck looking!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
boots said:
I've also been checking out the BMW Z4....just keeping my options open! The Z4 is amazing to say the least! Good luck looking!
I have my eye on a Certified Pre-Owned 330CiC for $27,000. It's not much more than I'm planning to spend on the Sky, and I've wanted a 3-Series convertible since they started making them...

·
Registered
41 Posts
GMguy74 - FYI, the red leather is no longer on the dash like the picture you posted. It is only on the seats, doors and steering wheel. Personally, I think this will look better, but then again I'm also going for an all black interior myself. Either silver pearl, midnight blue or black. I can't decide.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I ordered the red and black interior, with a black car, black top, chrome wheels........I think it really looks sharp....and being #1 with image in hand, I should now soon how sweet it looks...........:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
johnny99 said:
GMguy74 - FYI, the red leather is no longer on the dash like the picture you posted. It is only on the seats, doors and steering wheel. Personally, I think this will look better, but then again I'm also going for an all black interior myself. Either silver pearl, midnight blue or black. I can't decide.
Didn't they drop the rd laether in dashboard duer to glare problems? I think I read something on the forum about it, could be wrong though, won't be the 1st time.:jester: :lol:

ERNEST:thumbs:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
johnny99 said:
Actually, I don't mind that the dash is not red... but I thought the steering wheel was no longer red too? I thought both the dash and steering wheel were changed to all black. Can anyone confirm this? :confused:

·
Registered
41 Posts
GMguy74 said:
Actually, I don't mind that the dash is not red... but I thought the steering wheel was no longer red too? I thought both the dash and steering wheel were changed to all black. Can anyone confirm this? :confused:
The steering wheel will be red.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
johnny99 said:
The steering wheel will be red.
I'm not trying to doubt you, but I've seen production-line pictures of the black & tan interior and the steering wheel is black, not two-toned. Now if the black & tan doesn't have a tan steering wheel, why would the red? Do you have any updated pictures, because this has now really got me interested.

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
I did like the red

I did like the red, but I worried about the red dash and the sun down here. There is nothing worse that that faded pink look. Also, as much a I want the leather I dont want to stick to the seats while I drive it.

Kimberly
ChiliSky

·
Registered
256 Posts
The faded pink look is a concern to me. If I go with silver graphite, I'm going to get the red inserts anyhow. If I go with the yellow, I'm getting the black leather. I have black leather in my maxima now and often leave the sunroof open. While it is hot or cold when you first get in, it goes away fast.

·
Registered
38 Posts
At the DC auto show, they had a Silver Pearl with the red interior. The dash was all black, the only red was on the seat inserts, the door inserts, and then there was red on the steering wheel.

The red on the wheel looked a little different, as it was red on the sides and black on the top and bottom of the wheel. Looked good! I wish it was out in the open though, as the lighting in the "Sky Cube" wasn't that great....

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
red interior

After seeing the red in person I was sold! It will look great in my silver graphite Sky!

·
Registered
16 Posts
My husband and I ordered the Silver Pearl with the black and red interior. I have not seen it in person but I think it will look better if the dash is black. Currently we are lucky number 13 on the list.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I ordered a chili pepper red one. Anyone know what interior color choice :confused: I will have if any?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
TastyBake said:
Anyone have links to pics to other color interiors? I can't find any.
There was this the other day.

As for the black, you may want to browse the gallery. There should be a lot of pics w/ all black there.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts