Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered My Sky...but this is the issue I wish someone could explain to me....

WHY USE YOUR COVER CAR SKY (SILVER PEARL / BLACK TOP / RED LEATHER) in all the brochures IF YOU ARE ONLY PRODUCING 5% of your Skys with RED LEATHER!

What do you mean you didnt produce enough red leather? R U KIDDING ME!
IT JUST DOESNT MAKE SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU ORDERED (BLACK / BLACK TOP / RED LEATHER) Your screwed as well!

The red leather on the silver pearl and black REALLY break up the lines of the interior...a very EROUPEAN EXOTIC LOOK...it's a dam shame somone at SATURN SCREWED UP with the limitation of this combo!

I put my order in but it's in GODS HANDS NOW......only he knows if I will get the RED LEATHER or NOT! My second option is just the BLACK...I will deal with that but I wont be as happy!

ALL I CAN SAY TO ALL YOU RED LEATHER FOLKS! HOLD ON TO THAT CAR!
95% OF ALL US SKY OWNERS WONT HAVE WHAT YOU HAVE!

I would say that puts your SKY at a much higher value THEN ANY OF US!

REDSKY

·
Registered
198 Posts
I originally wanted black/black top/black and red interior. When I placed my order, the red and black wasn't available. I was just going to settle for the all black interior. Well, I got a call from my dealer two days later saying that he tried to change the order - and the black and red was accepted! I guess I am lucky.

The 5% number that you heard may only be the contraints for this production week. That figure will probably change from week to week. Just a guess.

I would just have your dealer try to change your order for a few days. Maybe the red and black will go through!?

·
Registered
623 Posts
It's the same with Automatics. They are going to build them in spurts becasue the Red Leather and the Automatic are not the majority of cars. GM is doing that to save on production costs.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Red & Black

Gm Had No Idea Untill The Orders Started Coming In How Red & Black Would Be Accepted! :) :) Once I Seen The Red & Black I Wanted It!

·
Registered
623 Posts
skyrider said:
Gm Had No Idea Untill The Orders Started Coming In How Red & Black Would Be Accepted! :) :) Once I Seen The Red & Black I Wanted It!
No they did, they said Automatics, Yellow Exterior, and the Red Interior would be lower volume options. They do studies on this type of thing.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Ernest said:
Guess I have a keeper. Silverpearl/Red Leather low VIN 699, ya think? Where in the hell is that dern train!:banghead: :willy: :willy: :D
Ya know tha dang train dun run over a hobo down here in Alabummer an when they stopped tha train I dun stole yur Sky. I'll be adrivin my new car to see ya in a couple of days. Hehehehehe. Skip dun r good this time. Hehehe. :thumbs: :cool:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Ernest said:
Guess I have a keeper. Silverpearl/Red Leather low VIN 699, ya think? Where in the hell is that dern train!:banghead: :willy: :willy: :D
We have pretty much the same car, just hope that the MSO arrives with it! :banghead:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone getting fired then?

DuSpinnst said:
No they did, they said Automatics, Yellow Exterior, and the Red Interior would be lower volume options. They do studies on this type of thing.

If GM (SATURN) did studies on this they should be fired!:mad:

Why did they make so many with the TAN/BLACK LEATHER?

If you ordered the silver pearl or black exterior paint...most likely 50% of those orders would have been with the RED/BLACK LEATHER.

I wonder how many of us soon 2 b Sky owners had been turned down on the RED LEATHER OPTION...I would really like to get some #s out there.

Anyway..thanks for all the feedback...once the car is in the driveway (no matter what Leather option I get) the first two things I'm doing is putting a custom cat back system on it and a cold air induction system. That should jump the HP another 35hp or so and give it a really nice sound from front to back!....That will make me happy until I test drive the REDLINE....hehe!

RedSky

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Ernest said:
Keep those eyes peeled baby, I can hear it coming down the track :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
REDSKY said:
That should jump the HP another 35hp or so and give it a really nice sound from front to back!....

RedSky
Highly doubt your gonna get 35hp with cai and catback.
others are reporting that kinda of HP gain with cai, catback, headers and ECM tune.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Come on guys, parts suppliers can only make parts so fast. Especially parts for very low volume cars.

·
Registered
623 Posts
REDSKY said:
If GM (SATURN) did studies on this they should be fired!:mad:

Why did they make so many with the TAN/BLACK LEATHER?

If you ordered the silver pearl or black exterior paint...most likely 50% of those orders would have been with the RED/BLACK LEATHER.

I wonder how many of us soon 2 b Sky owners had been turned down on the RED LEATHER OPTION...I would really like to get some #s out there.

Anyway..thanks for all the feedback...once the car is in the driveway (no matter what Leather option I get) the first two things I'm doing is putting a custom cat back system on it and a cold air induction system. That should jump the HP another 35hp or so and give it a really nice sound from front to back!....That will make me happy until I test drive the REDLINE....hehe!

RedSky
Of everyone I've showed the car to (in pictures etc), one person (my dad) likes the Blueish Black/Tan everyone else wanted the Black on Black. No one I know liked the Red. So probably GM underestimated just slightly the # of early Red orders, but I bet you they got the 1st year total % right. Red is not going to be that common of an option, just like the exterior color Yellow and the Automatic.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Things that come with age

Ernest said:
It is close by me now, I can feel her presence, I swear it!
Those are hot flashes, Ernest!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts