Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Red/Black Leather option is now available for order... :cheers: :willy: :cheers:
Chrome and Polished Wheels are NOT!!! :nono: :mad: :brentil: :banghead:

Just ordered a Black Sky with Red/Black Premium Trim and the Painted Wheels...

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
12 Posts
My turn

You are absolutly right! I just got the call from the GM at the Tinley Park store in Illinois & he confirmed that he just filled my image as I had requested.
Silver Pearl, Automatic, single CD Monsoon, XM sat, LSD, & premium trim with red/black! Six Weeks?? Happy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
The Red/Black Leather option is now available for order... :cheers: :willy: :cheers:
Chrome and Polished Wheels are NOT!!! :nono: :mad: :brentil: :banghead:

Regards,

Polished wheels are not??? When did this come up? I changed from chrome to polished because the chrome was not avail.. What kind of wheels are left? This is ridiculous. I was "imaged on 3/24. Does this mean mine will get produced in spite of the "shortage on polished"?
Help

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SKY SCRPR said:
Polished wheels are not??? When did this come up? I changed from chrome to polished because the chrome was not avail.. What kind of wheels are left? This is ridiculous. I was "imaged on 3/24. Does this mean mine will get produced in spite of the "shortage on polished"?
Help
YES, :thumbs: :cheers: if your image was ordered with the Polished Wheels, yours will be built with the Polished Wheels; this only applies to those that are customizing an image right now (for this TPW).

The only wheels available for this TPW are the standard Painted Wheels... :eek:

Regards,

·
Registered
17 Posts
How Long from Image In

Things are starting to move. Ok, lets say my image was confirmed today, how long would it take before it was ready to ship?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
The Red/Black Leather option is now available for order...
Chrome and Polished Wheels are NOT!!!

Regards,

S.D.
Let's say I want Red Leather and Chrome Wheels. So Red Leather is available, but since I want chrome the image does not get accepted.

Is the Red Leather reserved for me or may I end-up that when the Chrome Wheels are available the Red Leather may no longer be available, then vice-versa ad nauseum. :banghead: :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::brentil:

That would really s|_|CK!

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
richmcc said:
Let's say I want Red Leather and Chrome Wheels. So Red Leather is available, but since I want chrome the image does not get accepted.

Is the Red Leather reserved for me or may I end-up that when the Chrome Wheels are available the Red Leather may no longer be available, then vice-versa ad nauseum. :banghead: :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::brentil:

That would really s|_|CK!
If you try to order Red Leather AND Chrome Wheels it will NOT accept the changes to the image so it will NOT be ordered that way. You either need to forget about the Chrome Wheels and get the rest of the options you want or pass on this image to someone that doesn't want or is willing to compromise on the chrome wheels. Its one of those things that turns out to be take it or leave it. :banghead: :brentil:

Regards,

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Lucky day

ordgq said:
You are absolutly right! I just got the call from the GM at the Tinley Park store in Illinois & he confirmed that he just filled my image as I had requested.
Silver Pearl, Automatic, single CD Monsoon, XM sat, LSD, & premium trim with red/black! Six Weeks?? Happy.
Today must have been "automatic" order day...because I too, had my image filled today for an automatic. Infact, that makes 3 autos in the Chicago area that were ordered today...yours (Tinley), mine (Downers Grove), and one in Naperville. :cheers: :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nscrbug said:
Today must have been "automatic" order day...because I too, had my image filled today for an automatic. Infact, that makes 3 autos in the Chicago area that were ordered today...yours (Tinley), mine (Downers Grove), and one in Naperville. :cheers: :thumbs:
The one we ordered today was a manual but we have a total of 7 on order and 5 of them are Automatics... :thumbs: :cool:

Regards,

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sky Dealer..Help me out here...I ordered on 01/09/06 Imaged...Order number and all....1st dealer image etc...Please help me understand why if I was one of the first images, why they would not build in order? I ordered Black w/red/black interior and Chrome wheels....The second image has come in. (red with Black interior and chrome wheels)

Now this is were it get crazy....Friend orders 3 weeks ago silver with Black and red Interior and his is on the train....This is why some of us are pissed.:banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pphjj5 said:
Sky Dealer..Help me out here...I ordered on 01/09/06 Imaged...Order number and all....1st dealer image etc...Please help me understand why if I was one of the first images, why they would not build in order? I ordered Black w/red/black interior and Chrome wheels....The second image has come in. (red with Black interior and chrome wheels)

Now this is were it get crazy....Friend orders 3 weeks ago silver with Black and red Interior and his is on the train....This is why some of us are pissed.:banghead:
I wish I had an answer for you. All I have is conjecture. There may have been some delay on some of your choices and such. Not sure what to tell you... :confused: :brentil:

Regards,

·
Registered
262 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
You either need to forget about the Chrome Wheels and get the rest of the options you want or pass on this image to someone that doesn't want or is willing to compromise on the chrome wheels. Its one of those things that turns out to be take it or leave it.
Well, I don't understand what good that does. It seems that even if you compromise, they will accept your order if at that time things look OK. THEN, down the road yet another constraint comes in for something you selected as a compromise, and you're back to where you started.

That is the frustrating part of all of this. Right now, I can't even compromise. Dealer said computer won't allow him to change the order.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Same here. Red and black leather with standard wheels. Anyone who is looking for a set of cromes if you don't wanna wait just order a set of crome wheels aftermarket. More choices, less expensive. My last set of wheels I got was cheaper then a new set of tires from a local dealer.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
UFC1 said:
Same here. Red and black leather with standard wheels. Anyone who is looking for a set of cromes if you don't wanna wait just order a set of crome wheels aftermarket. More choices, less expensive. My last set of wheels I got was cheaper then a new set of tires from a local dealer.
what size were they? I haven't seen a set of chrome 18" wheels for less than a set of tires. most of the wheels I have seen have been 300 or more each..

·
Registered
246 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
what size were they? I haven't seen a set of chrome 18" wheels for less than a set of tires. most of the wheels I have seen have been 300 or more each..
This is why I started a "Third party wheel" thread in the technical/performance area. The size of the wheels are listed there (although the offset it still a little unknown). I've contacted several third party wheel companies and they have both said they have not compleatly checked out the size issue and ask me to wait a few weeks till they do the research. Kappasphere has one set of very nice wheels, but they are not chrome. If anyone has any info on wheels that will fit and websites to look at, please feel free to add to that thread. I'm going to talk to my dealer today about if he would be interested in a set of painted for his stock. Painted is going for about $400-450 on ebay with limited success.

Tim, it looks like once sizes become available, a nice set of wheels would go for $800 - 1100 dollars with high end racing wheels going up to $2500. The chrome wheels on the Sky would fall under the lowest range if bought 3rd party. I'm really looking at finding a nice simple third party wheel for myself. You can get a superior product at a similar price of GM's chrome after selling the painted for $200-300.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Turk said:
This is why I started a "Third party wheel" thread in the technical/performance area. The size of the wheels are listed there (although the offset it still a little unknown). I've contacted several third party wheel companies and they have both said they have not compleatly checked out the size issue and ask me to wait a few weeks till they do the research. Kappasphere has one set of very nice wheels, but they are not chrome. If anyone has any info on wheels that will fit and websites to look at, please feel free to add to that thread. I'm going to talk to my dealer today about if he would be interested in a set of painted for his stock. Painted is going for about $400-450 on ebay with limited success.

Tim, it looks like once sizes become available, a nice set of wheels would go for $800 - 1100 dollars with high end racing wheels going up to $2500. The chrome wheels on the Sky would fall under the lowest range if bought 3rd party. I'm really looking at finding a nice simple third party wheel for myself. You can get a superior product at a similar price of GM's chrome after selling the painted for $200-300.
I like the chrome ones that came on my car, I don;t see myself changing them any time soon unless I damage one...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Anyone who is looking for any wheels go to www.Wheelsnext.com

Tell me what you like and I will let you know what I can get the wheels to you for.

Adam

1 - 17 of 17 Posts