Saturn Sky Forum banner

Red Line arrived w/o paperwork

2K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  Ernest 
#1 ·
My dealer called to tell me that my Red Line was delivered yesterday and is ready for pickup. I was going to go get it tomorrow (Tuesday, Sept 12) I made plans to have a friend drive me to south Florida early in the AM. Tonight the dealer calls and tells me the title and paperwork did not arrive with the vehicle and they can not release my car until it does. He said it could take 2 weeks. Does this sound reasonable? I surely don't want my car sitting at the dealers, and possibly being used as a showroom model, until it can be released to me. Has anyone experienced this problem before?

Richard

#9 · (Edited)
Ernest, I'm told if something happens to the car your insurance company won't pay for it. Even if they say they will over the phone. So double check on it because untill the paper work comes in you don't own the car neither does your dealership. And you can't insure something you don't own.

I believe what your dealer is saying is correct. I think anyone who is driving their Red Line's and don't have the invoice yet would be surprized if something were to happen. And the car really isn't covered.

Now I'm not in the insurance buisness but maybe someone who is can confirm.

#3 ·
....MURPHY'S LAW stikes again. :banghead:
How about asking your dealer to have the paperwork FedX?? That's if they can actually find it. Good luck!
I agree with you, I'd make sure to tell the dealer not to put your car in the showroom on display for everyone to sit in.....remind him that it's SOLD!

Geez we're like parents protecting their young:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#4 ·
My dealer called to tell me that my Red Line was delivered yesterday and is ready for pickup. I was going to go get it tomorrow (Tuesday, Sept 12) I made plans to have a friend drive me to south Florida early in the AM. Tonight the dealer calls and tells me the title and paperwork did not arrive with the vehicle and they can not release my car until it does. He said it could take 2 weeks. Does this sound reasonable? I surely don't want my car sitting at the dealers, and possibly being used as a showroom model, until it can be released to me. Has anyone experienced this problem before?

Richard
Call your dealer and tell them that you don't want your car to be displayed or open for people to get into, if that is the case...

There have been a few threads in the past about cars showing up without paperwork. I didn't follow them all, so I don't remember how long everyone waited - but if you search I'm sure you can get a good idea of what timeframes people have experienced in the past.

Good luck!! You are almost there!!

#5 ·
The dealer could have it over the next couple of days. This is where some dealer TRICKS come out!! IMHO he could be BSing you so he can keep it for display purposes to drum up business. Be on GUARD and TRUST no one. Not the salesperson, not the GM, nobody!!! As I say, when it hits the dealer it is yours. Let them prep it, take a picture of it, and you get in and get out of there. If no paperwork shows up, I would want to be compensated for everyday it didn't show. If he's going to get me, then I'm going to get them!!!

#6 ·
See since you're out-of-town, he thinks he'll call you next Monday and say "Come and get it" This way he gets to show it for the weekend. If you have a friend down there, have them go over and play games with him and check it out. 450 Saturn dealers, and from this forum and the stories on it you have about a 50/50 to 60/40 chance this is a con job. IMHO of course!!!

#8 ·
Oh man...

I think I would have to strangle someone if my car was in and I couldn't take it...:eek: When we went to the dealers to see someone's sky there were fingerprints all over it and people were opening and closing the top. Best wishes and I hope they find your paperwork soon :willy:

#10 ·
I think I would have to strangle someone if my car was in and I couldn't take it...:eek: When we went to the dealers to see someone's sky there were fingerprints all over it and people were opening and closing the top. Best wishes and I hope they find your paperwork soon :willy:
WAY2FAST--You see what I mean?? Customers and some salespersons don't know the proper way to open and close the trunk lid. When mine came in, I had red ropes put around it so no fingerprints and also no baby carriage scars, or wheelchair dents. Check all gaps between hood, doors and trunk lid. Don't just get in and drive, note everything!!!

#11 ·
The dealer assured me that my Red Line would not be on the showroom floor while I'm waiting on the paperwork. I'd like to check if they are BSing me but since I live in Melbourne and the dealer is in south Florida, it's a little hard to do. Is there anyone on this forum who lives close to Saturn of Vera in Pembroke Pines FL. who could possibly check it out for me? They are located on University Dr. My RL is Silver Pearl with black/red interior.

I loose my appetite when I think of how many times the doors, hood and trunk will be opened and closed by careless onlookers if it is on the showroom floor.

thanks,
Richard

#12 ·
I went over there for ya and it wasn't on the showroom floor.. but..

I told them I knew they had one and that I wanted to see and drive it.

the sales guy throws me the keys and says "be careful"

let me tell you, your car screams... turbo is great! ( sorry about the taking 2 years off your tires, it does great donuts!)

and yes, the hood does still hit the door if closed with doors open (sorry about that too)
. of course, this is a joke......... time for me to go.. :leaving: :leaving: :leaving: :leaving:

#24 ·
With a screen name of Way2Fast... of course the SKY RL would get to you Way To Fast for the paperwork. :jester:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.