Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here is eligeble and "has received" a Saturn discount on their new Red Line? Please list how you are qualified and the amount of discount. Thank's Barry.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Tried to use a GM employee discount for my SKY it was a big no go sorry to say..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Who here is eligeble and "has received" a Saturn discount on their new Red Line? Please list how you are qualified and the amount of discount. Thank's Barry.
It primarily depends on the dealer. I work for a saturn dealership, and they will not let us use our gm employee price on hailo vehicles.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I don't think you will find any offering the GM discount for the SKY.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I don't think you will find any offering the GM discount for the SKY.
It is listed in my corporate offering (we are a GM supplier) as available "at dealer’s discretion." I would get the exact discount on an R/L as I got on my Base SKY from my dealer....

None... (Drat!)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I was able to use it on the base sky.. haven't asked about the RL

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
I was unable to get the GM supplier discount, and I should note we bought 7 company vehicles from the dealer last year. They offered discounts on anything else on their lot, he said he only ever honors the supplier discounts on inventoried vehicles (Dealer Policy not GM's)

He also noted if I was willing to wait until he received one without an order he would honor the discount, just wouldn't do it for special orders.

Note also the dealer in question is fully honoring the saturn msrp policy :thumbs:

I found his policy very reasonable since he has used the same policy all along, and I went ahead and ordered my redline :thumbs:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Wife works for Home Depot...they give GM discounts..Hope it works for my Redline.....Trying to get HD to find the skinny on this.

·
Registered
514 Posts
You should be able to use a GM Credit Card discount, I know the old cards were way better discounts than the new cards.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I come from a GM household....have been getting GM discounts ever since I can remember but NO GM discount or use of GM credit card dollars for the SKY.:cryin: You know I must LOVE this car if I'm willing to pay full price:confused:
Asking your Dealer for a discount is like :deadhorse (I was wondering when I would get to use this icon....:D )

·
Registered
514 Posts
I come from a GM household....have been getting GM discounts ever since I can remember but NO GM discount or use of GM credit card dollars for the SKY.:cryin: You know I must LOVE this car if I'm willing to pay full price:confused:
Asking your Dealer for a discount is like :deadhorse (I was wondering when I would get to use this icon....:D )
Wow are you serious, you can't even use your GM Credit Card?!??! Unbelievable :rolleyes: Just wait a few years, the PT Cruiser was the exact same thing, 2 year waiting lists etc etc, but if you look in AutoTrader you can get a 2004 used for $12000, I expect the Sky to hold its value a little better, but since you are the buyer you have all the power and provided you have a nice reliable car right now you shouldn't rush out to be the first to flush your money down the depreciation toliet, let someone else do that for you.

·
Registered
131 Posts
GM Discount

My dealer told me no GM discount of any kind also. No big deal. We'll be driving Sky RLs.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wow are you serious, you can't even use your GM Credit Card?!??! Unbelievable :rolleyes: Just wait a few years, the PT Cruiser was the exact same thing, 2 year waiting lists etc etc, but if you look in AutoTrader you can get a 2004 used for $12000, I expect the Sky to hold its value a little better, but since you are the buyer you have all the power and provided you have a nice reliable car right now you shouldn't rush out to be the first to flush your money down the depreciation toliet, let someone else do that for you.
TOY4TWO, you make a very good point....I just might take your advice if this GM/Saturn price increase gets out of control. You're right, I have a nice 2003 Saab Vector with 9,525 miles on it and it's a beautiful car, HOWEVER, I'm getting the urge to go TOPLESS...:D :D :D
p.s. you misunderstood me, I can use my GM credit card and charge up to $1000, I was talking about the "GM dollars" that you accumulate by using the GM credit card. You can usually put them towards the purchase of a new vehicle. It was just in the past 4 or 5 years that an employee couldn't use both (their GM employee discount and the GM dollars) It was either one or the other. However, last year since they offered the employee discount to everyone, I was able to get the discount and use my GM dollars:thumbs:.....so I bought a new 2005 TrailBlazer. It was a deal that I just couldn't let pass me by.
So I have a 2003 Saab (in the garage) and I use my trailblazer during the week to drive to and from work.... Yeah you're right, who needs a SKY....oh no, I feel that TOPLESS urge coming on again......:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for you thoughts.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Supplier discounts notice!

It is listed in my corporate offering (we are a GM supplier) as available "at dealer’s discretion." I would get the exact discount on an R/L as I got on my Base SKY from my dealer....

None... (Drat!)

As Rick says, this is dealer discretion. You must first find a dealer in the program. I've included the notice from GM and SKY's are mentioned.

Attachments

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
I recieved my GM supplier discount on the redline. It was a huge discount. I ended up getting the bumper to bumper 5 year/60k warranty since i saved quite a bit.

·
Registered
141 Posts
No one has ever been able to use GM Card credit card earnings for any Saturn product ever. It was excluded because of its one-price no discount policy (remember the pre-Sky days when Saturns sold only at MSRP?).

You can't use GM card points for any Saturn.

Last time I checked--you could use up to $1,000 towards a Solstice.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I was unable to get the GM supplier discount, and I should note we bought 7 company vehicles from the dealer last year. They offered discounts on anything else on their lot, he said he only ever honors the supplier discounts on inventoried vehicles (Dealer Policy not GM's)

He also noted if I was willing to wait until he received one without an order he would honor the discount, just wouldn't do it for special orders.

Note also the dealer in question is fully honoring the saturn msrp policy :thumbs:

I found his policy very reasonable since he has used the same policy all along, and I went ahead and ordered my redline :thumbs:
Told pretty much the same thing here at my North Texas dealership too. Because the Sky is in such great demand and they are unable to keep them in stock, no GM discount of any kind would be allowed on the Sky. (Base or Redline)

·
Registered
4 Posts
GM Credit Card

There are only one, possibly two credit card "earnings" that you can use at Saturn (regardless of model)

The Card I know that can be used is labeled "GM Family First".
The second which is a possible name, is "GM Extended Family"

To test it, someone with the card, call the number on the back of your regular GM Card, and tell the rep that you are interested in buying a Saturn Vue and using your points. They should tell you that the model isn't included in the regular GM card's paramaters.

Sometimes you don't get the right answer, and it requires a second call, but if your card does not say GM "Family First" on the face of the card, you can not redeem any points on a Saturn purchase, of any model not just the SKY.

·
Registered
122 Posts
the reason why is because the cost associated in participating in the GM card program is not worth it for the much smaller division that Saturn is.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts