Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are dealers being allocated x amount of Skys and x amount of Sky Red Lines or can a dealer order as many Skys as Sky Red Lines as they want?
Is the Redline just an available option or another allocation?

I'm #41 on my dealer's list for getting a Sky but #5 for getting a Red Line.:D :brentil:

Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Allocation

I've heard that the date you put in your reservation drive when you will receive your Sky, i.e., if 40 people want a redline before you get a crack at it then you might be waiting a while.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Skymaster said:
I've heard that the date you put in your reservation drive when you will receive your Sky, i.e., if 40 people want a redline before you get a crack at it then you might be waiting a while.
No, there are 40 people before me waiting for a Sky but only 4 waiting for a Redline. So....

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
bradyb said:
Are dealers being allocated x amount of Skys and x amount of Sky Red Lines or can a dealer order as many Skys as Sky Red Lines as they want?
Is the Redline just an available option or another allocation?

I'm #41 on my dealer's list for getting a Sky but #5 for getting a Red Line.:D :brentil:

Thanks!
The way we are doing this at our store is this...

We have Regular SKYs intermixed with RedLine SKYs in the order they where ordered. (Deposit Date) so this way we can set the RedLines fairly, together with the Regular SKYs.

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll restate my question better.

Yes Sir, but on GM's side are they going to offer seperate allocations for the Sky and Sky R/L? As in your dealer will have 3 Sky slots a 1 Sky R/L slot to order though this week or will they have 4 Sky slots that can ordered as regular Skys or Sky redlines?

Thanks!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
My dealer is saying that the fact I want a RL, I may get may car sooner than expected because...

His understanding is while they can put the orders in the computer in any order they want, GM is going to pick up orders as need to fill. His expectation is 2 cars per week, and they go like this... 2 base, 2 base, 2 Redline...

So the fact that he has 20 spring orders out there for base, my order may jump up ahead because GM will pick up the RL.

Lastly... what he is being told is, when manufacturing(dropping in engines) its more efficient for GM to have the plant do all Turbos for a week, than a block of a week or two of base. Not very efficient to have cars come down then line, each one with a random engine.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
bradyb said:
Yes Sir, but on GM's side are they going to offer seperate allocations for the Sky and Sky R/L? As in your dealer will have 3 Sky slots a 1 Sky R/L slot to order though this week or will they have 4 Sky slots that can ordered as regular Skys or Sky redlines?

Thanks!
Example: Say I have 3 SKY allocated for this week and the RedLine OPTION is not CONSTRAINED and I can only order 1 out of those 3 as a RedLine then we will order 1 RedLine and 2 Regular SKYs and that RedLine will be the 1st in line regardless of how it compares to the Regular SKYs Deposit Date. As soon as we can order RedLines, we will order them. That's the way it should be done (in my opinion) but it will be up to your retailer to set it up that way. :banghead: :thumbs:

We have about 20 Regular SKY orders and about 10 RedLines orders at this time. We will fill them as allocation and constraints permit the way I explained above. Again, it will depend on your retailer as to how is he/she going to handle this... :rolleyes:

Regards,

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SKY Spy said:
Example: Say I have 3 SKY allocated for this week and the RedLine OPTION is not CONSTRAINED and I can only order 1 out of those 3 as a RedLine then we will order 1 RedLine and 2 Regular SKYs and that RedLine will be the 1st in line regardless of how it compares to the Regular SKYs Deposit Date. As soon as we can order RedLines, we will order them. That's the way it should be done (in my opinion) but it will be up to your retailer to set it up that way. :banghead: :thumbs:

We have about 20 Regular SKY orders and about 10 RedLines orders at this time. We will fill them as allocation and constraints permit the way I explained above. Again, it will depend on your retailer as to how is he/she going to handle this... :rolleyes:

Regards,

I dealer is going to make more money off a RedLine anyway right so they should want to order as many Redlines as they can, right?

If you really think about it a Red Line comes with many positives for a dealer, more warrantee work, getting more people in the door to see "the fast Saturn", more parts to purchase (tires, exhaust, intake, sythetic oil changes, etc).

Thanks Sky Spy, I appreciate the insight.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
No problem, just ask your retailer how are they planning to do it and then you can decide how you are going to plan for it... :thumbs:

Regards,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts