Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.k. Far fetch but give me your inputs.

The SKYRL will go into production along side the regular SKY. Currently the waiting list for the SKY is longer than the SKYRL (guessing on this one).

So statistically (since the waiting list for the SKYRL is shorter) will the SKYRL customers receive their SKY's faster? :confused:

Cole-Cash

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
cole-cash said:

The SKYRL will go into production along side the regular SKY. Currently the waiting list for the SKY is longer than the SKYRL (guessing on this one).

So statistically (since the waiting list for the SKYRL is shorter) will the SKYRL customers receive their SKY's faster? :confused:

Cole-Cash
Not if you've been on the waiting list since January 10th! :lol:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
cole-cash said:

Cole-Cash

If your 25 on the Base Sky list but 2 or 3 on the Red Line list you probably will have the Red Line first, as long as the dealership puts in the Red Line option when they have one available to order, and if they pass on ordering one that would be crazy because they don't know how many they will get.

So my sugestion is, you red line people should ask your sales manager at your dealership how they are going to work it. If they are going to pass on a Red Line because your order isn't next I would go to another dealer.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
deluke said:
If your 25 on the Base Sky list but 2 or 3 on the Red Line list you probably have the Red Line first, as long as the dealership puts in the Red Line option when they have one availableto order, and if they pass on ordering one that would be crazy because they don't know how many they will get.

So my sugestion is, you red line people should ask your sales manager at your dealership how they are going to work it. If they are going to pass on a Red Line because your order isn't next I would go to another dealer.
My dealer told me that once the Redline Constraint is lifted. They will first order at least 3 RL's if they can.

1) The Dealer Demo
2) Fkiellor's
3) Mine

There may be people behind me, but Fred and I have had our deposits before anyone currently waiting on the Standard Sky list.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
richmcc said:
My dealer told me that once the Redline Constraint is lifted. They will first order at least 3 RL's if they can.

1) The Dealer Demo
2) Fkiellor's
3) Mine

There may be people behind me, but Fred and I have had our deposits before anyone currently waiting on the Standard Sky list.
You deserve to get one of the first ones, you have earned it!!!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
richmcc said:

1) The Dealer Demo
2) Fkiellor's
3) Mine

:thumbs: :thumbs:

That's how it should be, they dealer's should order when they can. And not pass because next 2 in line are Base Sky's so they order those. That would make no sence. Because they will probably only get around 4.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Like I said they are making more money on the Sky R/L with the higher MSRP and my dealer is charging an extra $1,000 per RedLine so that's even more money/incentive to get them in. I don't mind paying the extra $1,000 if the GM can get the car faster for me by ordering RedLines instead of regular Skys.

They told me today they are going to order the redlines as fast and as many as they can. I can't hold them to it but they are guessing August/September to receive mine which would be awesome!

Seem realistic? They own the Albuquerque and Sante Fe dealerships and I'm #6 for Red Line, #47 for Sky.

Compared to my local dealer I would be #32 for a R/L and #68 for a Sky.

$1,000 doesn't seem that bad when you realize that a fall 2007 vehicle is worth $3,000 less 10 months down the road when it comes to resale.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've actually been letting everyone in line pass me as I wait for my redline. I have been number one on the list for months, but my dealer knows I want the redline, and keeps ordering the next regular sky as they become available. When the redline option numbers became available, the dealer put me in the system, so I now have one of those "pre-orders" a number of other future redline owners have placed. Along with the others, I am still waiting for it to be picked up by the factory.

Based upon what my salesman tells me, I would have had my standard sky by now. Worth the wait.

I'm in no hurry though, since I have spent most of my downpayment money keeping my Mustang running while I wait. Great car for 170,000 miles, then all hell broke loose.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just to let everyone know...It is true that the redline is a SEPERATE allocation. :) I talked to an online rep, and she said it is true. My dealership in Grand Rapids, Mi. has decided that even though I am #2 on their list for the Redline, I am behind the other people waiting for their regular sky's. So, instead of #2 I am now 29.
This is my 6th Saturn, there may not be a 6 or 7. Not happy with Saturn or Tthe dealership.:mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts