Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:willy: Today my dealer is ordering my new sky and i am still up in the air re. the premium black leather vs. the red and black...this is going to be my baby for many years to come...any feed back? examples; durability of red vs black, popularity,classic style etc i would really appreciate all your feedback...thanx:thumbs:

·
Registered
453 Posts
chris67 said:
:willy: Today my dealer is ordering my new sky and i am still up in the air re. the premium black leather vs. the red and black...this is going to be my baby for many years to come...any feed back? examples; durability of red vs black, popularity,classic style etc i would really appreciate all your feedback...thanx:thumbs:
IMO, the r/blk is going to eventually fade out. That was my fear about the color. The blk may fade out also, but I doubt it will look as bad as the 2 tone color. Although on some cars the 2 tone really looks great!! Good luck, either one will look fantastic I'm sure.
T

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Seems like it's a personal preference thing to me. I don't like the two-tone leather myself.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I really like my Red/Black

Something about black leather baking in the California sun and then hitting my naked thighs just didn't appeal to me. But I must say I went with the red mostly for the looks. It is very distinctive, and adds to the overall distinctiveness of the car.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Red leather looks very good in the silver model.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Went with red and black. Goes well with Silver Graphite.

·
Registered
154 Posts
chris67 said:
I have the red/ black premium interior & I don't think that with proper care that you will have to worry about the fading. I keep mine inside all the time (except when driving it of course) but a car cover would provide the same protection from U/V rays, & a little protectant on the leather would help also, & that would be a good idea even if you weren't worried about the fading.
I will say that when people see my car they almost without exception rave about the red/black combo.
Check out my photos in thread that I posted about #0801 coming home. I can't repost them because they are on my home computer. PM me if you have any trouble finding them on a search. I will repost them from home if you would like
Good luck either way.:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
REd was my choice and glad I chose it. AS for fading, normal care of the leather will preclude fading. I treat mine once a week. But chose what you really want, but the second compliment on the SKY after the car itself is the red interior.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I live in Texas where it has been sunny almost every day since I have picked her up. I have the Black and Red Premium package and I am loving every minute of it. I have never been burned not even once and yes I do wear shorts quite often. If you actually have the option to still get the Black and Red I would jump at the chance. My top is down almost everyday all day and the interior still looks great. I treat the leather every Friday night when I clean her up. Not sure what else I could tell you that you will get alot more attention with the 2-tone than you will with the just black interior.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I am supposed to order today too and had the same issues! Back and forth, back and forth.

·
Registered
380 Posts
For what it's worth, my experience with my old BMW Z3 which had the red & black leather interior, the BMW dealer told me that that combo will sell better on the lot as a used car and will bring more money than a comprable car with black leather. I had the car from '97 till '03 and I never had any problems with fading although it did not set out in the sun that much. I would go with the red & black.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Dont Want To Fit In

I ordered the Red/Black...Why?

First Off...black is black...I can get that on any car...

But Red/Black? It's different...It looks exotic...expensive...You just don't see this kind of Two tone leather on cars...at least not most American cars...

You want your SKY to not only look different from most cars on the outside...you want your Sky to look different on the inside as well!

:cool:

·
Registered
517 Posts
REDSKY said:
I ordered the Red/Black...Why?

But Red/Black? It's different...It looks exotic...expensive...You just don't see this kind of Two tone leather on cars.

:cool:
Your right about different. In my opinion your wrong about looking exotic and expensive.

·
Registered
337 Posts
So tell everyone on this thread what you really wanted to say...it looks cheap? Is that where you had been going with that?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts