Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen or heard the numbers, are more Redlines being allocated this week? :confused:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Ernest said:
Allocations & contraint report due today, Sky Spy should post later this morning.

Saturn Sky: Redline 10%
Saturn Sky: Manual trans 20%

6/20/06 was 11% and was 31 cars that were allocated
6/27 is 10% should be AROUND 28/30 cars allocated I would assume

The allocation this week is less than last week.

·
Registered
90 Posts
30 more isn't exactly flooding the market.

It'll be 2008 before I get mine at this rate.:banghead:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What build weeks are this week's allocations set for. Is anybody on the forum getting their Redline image picked up today?

I figure I have about 1,000 people ahead of me- I hope things speed up.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Parthanon said:
30 more isn't exactly flooding the market.

It'll be 2008 before I get mine at this rate.:banghead:
Thats what I say about my GXP also. But I'm pretty sure this is the Ramp up and the weekly allocations will go up in a month or so.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
bradyb said:
What build weeks are this week's allocations set for. Is anybody on the forum getting their Redline image picked up today?

I figure I have about 1,000 people ahead of me- I hope things speed up.
I heard they took away TPW on the Red line. But I haven't confirmed this. But it would make sence because they aren't giving TPW on the GXP yet. Could be because of the post below that I pasted from Solstice forum.

There should be around 28/30 images on this week allocation. A little less then last weeks 11%.

Info on GXP status

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I talked yesterday with the person responsible for deciding when the GXP
will start production. He said they are still building "manufacturing spec"
cars which are built, then used to verify the cars meet all production specs.
They are on target for production in the near future but are a little
delayed because of a new piece that will really help put the power down
compared to the original design. Can't say what it is but you will be very
happy with the improved performance.

I know some have had their GXP orders picked up but this info is accurate
and hopefully the rest of manufacturing inspection goes quickly and car
builds can come soon.

frankc5r

Second post:

Confirming Frank's info on GXP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got some info from someone in charge of the GXP line at Boxwood. Frank's correct - they are doing spec testing, and will not be releasing the line for another month.

They can test all they want! I just want a relatively issue free car.

these were posted around 7/18

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
deluke said:
Sorry I saw you didn't post so I thought you maybe went on vacation.The total was even less then what I figured.
Nah!!! Just my day off, didn't get up until 10AM... :thumbs:

No problem at all, thanks for keeping them informed in my abscense... :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So do the dealers just get a notification they have the option of grabbing one of the 25? Hopefully we'll have a member or two post saying they have a tenative build week. What is the build week for these 25 anyway?

Thanks!
Brady

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
bradyb said:
So do the dealers just get a notification they have the option of grabbing one of the 25? Hopefully we'll have a member or two post saying they have a tenative build week. What is the build week for these 25 anyway?

Thanks!
Brady
I was told on the event history of the ones imaged already they took away the Build week. And Ernest said it didn't show up on his event history. So I guess it's true.

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
deluke said:
I heard they took away TPW on the Red line. But I haven't confirmed this. But it would make sence because they aren't giving TPW on the GXP yet. Could be because of the post below that I pasted from Solstice forum.

There should be around 28/30 images on this week allocation. A little less then last weeks 11%.

Info on GXP status

I talked yesterday with the person responsible for deciding when the GXP
will start production. He said they are still building "manufacturing spec"
cars which are built, then used to verify the cars meet all production specs.
They are on target for production in the near future but are a little
delayed because of a new piece that will really help put the power down
compared to the original design. Can't say what it is but you will be very
happy with the improved performance.

I know some have had their GXP orders picked up but this info is accurate
and hopefully the rest of manufacturing inspection goes quickly and car
builds can come soon.

frankc5r

Second post:

Confirming Frank's info on GXP.

I just got some info from someone in charge of the GXP line at Boxwood. Frank's correct - they are doing spec testing, and will not be releasing the line for another month.

They can test all they want! I just want a relatively issue free car.

these were posted around 7/18
Boy o boy, new piece? Better performance? I don't mind waiting for that :thumbs:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I like the sounds of more performance but I dont think my insurance company is going to like it.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
deluke said:
I was told on the event history of the ones imaged already they took away the Build week. And Ernest said it didn't show up on his event history. So I guess it's true.
In my experience, when a SKY orders goes from Preliminary to Placed, that's when you get your TPP or TPW and then it goes away to never be seen again.

I just tracked an order for one of my customers and I had written on the copy of his order the TPP as it was announced on the Allocation/Constraint Report when his was ordered and it said the TPP was 7/24 ==> 7/30 and his SKY was built TODAY 7/27, so at least that proved that, even though the TPW never appeared on the system it held true to the original Allocation/Constraint Report.

Regards,

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
SKY Spy said:
In my experience, when a SKY orders goes from Preliminary to Placed, that's when you get your TPP or TPW and then it goes away to never be seen again.

I just tracked an order for one of my customers and I had written on the copy of his order the TPP as it was announced on the Allocation/Constraint Report when his was ordered and it said the TPP was 7/24 ==> 7/30 and his SKY was built TODAY 7/27, so at least that proved that, even though the TPW never appeared on the system it held true to the original Allocation/Constraint Report.

Regards,

Sky Spy, I'm talking Red Lines only because it is a new launch vehicle.

Quick review about the meaning of Launch Vehicle in the USA.

GM made a policy change last year, for the USA, that they would no longer "publish" Target Production Weeks and Estimated Dealership Delviery dates in VOMS for vehicles designated as Launch Vehicles.

Because on the nature of new product launches, and the need to be flexible on scheduling and progress, they were hoping to bettrer manage expectations by not raising them. Would also keep it from looking like there was a problem with the launch if dates were not being made.

Currently the 2007 Solstice GXP ( And Saturn Skys and Red Lines ) are Launch Vehicles.

But I'm not positive about this regarding Saturn but they aren't giving TPW's on GXP's. Just copy and pasting info that was given by a Pontiac Dealer which he pulled off of the GM site .

To your knowledge isn't the Red Line a designated Launch vehicle ?

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
deluke said:
Sky Spy, I'm talking Red Lines only because it is a new launch vehicle.

Quick review about the meaning of Launch Vehicle in the USA.

GM made a policy change last year, for the USA, that they would no longer "publish" Target Production Weeks and Estimated Dealership Delviery dates in VOMS for vehicles designated as Launch Vehicles.

Because on the nature of new product launches, and the need to be flexible on scheduling and progress, they were hoping to bettrer manage expectations by not raising them. Would also keep it from looking like there was a problem with the launch if dates were not being made.

Currently the 2007 Solstice GXP ( And Saturn Red Lines ) are Launch Vehicles.
I understand this but, the Regular SKY is STILL a LAUNCH VEHICLE and even though we don't receive TPWs anymore it is finally conforming to the initial TPP given when the order was "picked-up" by the GM system. :thumbs:

Regards,

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
SKY Spy said:
I understand this but, the Regular SKY is STILL a LAUNCH VEHICLE and even though we don't receive TPWs anymore it is finally conforming to the initial TPP given when the order was "picked-up" by the GM system. :thumbs:

Regards,

OK, But do you think this will be a fact when they start the Red Lines ?

I know more about GM and the way pontiac is doing it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts