Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question guys and this might have been answered already. I know a few of you guys have had your redline orders accepted already, ernest and inline4redline to name a few. So does that mean that a dealership getting a redline allocation will go to the next redline in line, or are they treating redlines as an option and just going through the sky list? Like I've said before I think I'm down to 10th in line with 2 redlines in front of me. My gm won't explain much of anything to me so I have to rely on you guys for help. Last week my sales rep told me my redline order was at 3000, but then I found out later he had no clue. I'm still a little confused and curious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
737 Posts
My dealership....

Turbomus Prime said:
Quick question guys and this might have been answered already. I know a few of you guys have had your redline orders accepted already, ernest and inline4redline to name a few. So does that mean that a dealership getting a redline allocation will go to the next redline in line, or are they treating redlines as an option and just going through the sky list? Like I've said before I think I'm down to 10th in line with 2 redlines in front of me. My gm won't explain much of anything to me so I have to rely on you guys for help. Last week my sales rep told me my redline order was at 3000, but then I found out later he had no clue. I'm still a little confused and curious.
At my dealership, they have two separate lists, one for Skys and one for R/L. I started at #10 on the R/L list 7/22 and now I am #5. They told me sometimes their allotment was for 2-3 and sometimes none, but from my placement on the list after only 2.5 weeks, that is a good indication. This dealership is one of the largest in the country, so they do get more than a smaller dealership.:cheers:
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
3,491 Posts
My dealership appears to have two lists, too. When a Red Line allocation comes up, it goes to the person next on the Red Line list.

Their estimate of total allocations for the year was a whopping FOUR.

My order is in, and I have a TPW of 8/28 like a bunch of others here. From what I gather, I am the second to be accepted at this dealership (or dealer group, I'm unclear on that, but I don't care since I'm getting mine!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
jdigiant said:
My dealership appears to have two lists, too. When a Red Line allocation comes up, it goes to the person next on the Red Line list.

Their estimate of total allocations for the year was a whopping FOUR.

My order is in, and I have a TPW of 8/28 like a bunch of others here. From what I gather, I am the second to be accepted at this dealership (or dealer group, I'm unclear on that, but I don't care since I'm getting mine!)
It seems strange that your dealer is so small and excepts to only get 4 base sky's yet he got one of the first red line orders. Boy I guess you are the lucky one.:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
Turbomus Prime said:
So do dealers receive seperate allocations for redlines?
The Red Line are in with the Sky allocation the Red line is an option that they have to recieve before they can out in an order for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see, so if my dealer gets an option for a redline will they use it on the next redline in line or will they just take care of what sky's next in line? I guess maybe it depends on what the dealer wants to do, I'm just trying to see if I'm 3rd in line or 10th in line.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
637 Posts
HappyAmI said:
At my dealership, they have two separate lists, one for Skys and one for R/L. I started at #10 on the R/L list 7/22 and now I am #5. They told me sometimes their allotment was for 2-3 and sometimes none, but from my placement on the list after only 2.5 weeks, that is a good indication. This dealership is one of the largest in the country, so they do get more than a smaller dealership.:cheers:
I started off as number 5 for Redline...last week my sales rep told me that all 4 in front of me had been ordered. I'm also at a very high volume dealership...I wonder if we're at the same one. Please let mine be ordered soon!!!!:willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
I am number one on a list at one dealership, and number 2 at another. The one Dealership is one of the original Saturn stores, but they have one list. They are not ordering a redline until they get to my name on the list. I was told by both dealerships not to expect it until at least Feb. or March. How depressing.
It depends on how the dealership is handling your list.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Happy,

Are you on a list at the Cerritos store? Are you ordering a manual or auto?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
First Sky Redline In America

The day GM introduced the Sky Redline at the NY Autoshow April 14 , I drove to a Saturn dealer and demanded they take a deposit even though the list price was not yet posted. With persistance my Saturn salesman succeeded in achieving the first logged order for this car.

He claims on Sept.4 I will receive the first delivery in America. Is this bunk? Does anyone have earlier deliveries?

Car & Driver and other magazines have written large articles on the Redlines performance . It's tough buying something you haven't ridden. Has anyone driven one yet?

Brucelee
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top