Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed my order Friday and asked the dealer if the allocations for Redlines was separate from their regular Sky allocations. I was told
they really didn't know. I'm 6th on the dealers list; all are Redlines. Am
I getting the run-around? :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I placed my order Friday and asked the dealer if the allocations for Redlines was separate from their regular Sky allocations. I was told
they really didn't know. I'm 6th on the dealers list; all are Redlines. Am
I getting the run-around? :confused: :confused:
They should know that it is option on the Sky. If they don't that would be very strange. I would try to get a second order in at another dealership as a back up. Keep both orders and keep the car who gets to you first. Get everything in writing price, all options and no add ons and MSRP.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does that mean the dealers allocation covers both the Redline and the base model?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Does that mean the dealers allocation covers both the Redline and the base model?
Yes. When buying a Sky you have the Red Line as a option. They are saying AROUND 40% of allocations are going to be Red Line options. So if your dealer will be getting 16 Skys allocated for the 2007 build year then he should be getting around 4 car that he will be able to order a Red Line option. But GM tells them when they could put in a Red Line order or have a Red Line order picked up.

Now with the Solstice the GXP is a seperate allocation. Which I think they should of done with the Red Line but they didn't.

I hope I'm not confusing you.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
R/L's come into to the dealer as a different Vehicle Code, if the dealer gets a R/L allotment(image), it will read ZMG67, if it reads ZMB67 it is a Base Sky. The same goes for the beginning of their VINS as follows the five digits read as follows:

1G8MB Base SKY
1G8MG Redline

Although the R/L is an option to the base SKY,. it arrives to the dealer as a different ID.

·
Registered
98 Posts
R/L's come into to the dealer as a different Vehicle Code, if the dealer gets a R/L allotment(image), it will read ZMG67, if it reads ZMB67 it is a Base Sky. The same goes for the beginning of their VINS as follows the five digits read as follows:

1G8MB Base SKY
1G8MG Redline

Although the R/L is an option to the base SKY,. it arrives to the dealer as a different ID.
True, but a sky allocation is a sky allocation. They do not break up our allocations in code, Only when picked up will they break that down. We really never know which car is picked up. Thats why I list reg sky's with a 1 tru whatever number and list my redlines with another 1 thru whatever number. That way the two different sky owners are in a specific order to be picked up. All dealers should do this so that reg skys won't be picked up before a redline customer who has been waiting 3 mos is skipped over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts