Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the one`s who have their heart set on the turbo... don`t worry...it will be worth the wait...:thumbs: :thumbs:

1.the bugs will be out of the first batch of skys.
2.turbo............0 to 60 5.7
3.duals
4.sport tuned
5.special front & rear facia
6.special red line colors
7.and don`t for get the best some type of redline markings
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Hmmm... I wonder what SPECIAL problems the RL will bring to it's owners that no one else will have seen.

It will be a different power plant with turbo to boot. And it will have all the new/different features you mentioned. Sounds like the old problems will possibly be replaced with new ones.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
field testing will be going on via the opel gt...which is as close to the redline as you can get...then when all the bugs are gone/ we will have the car everyone thinks their getting...

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
glock919 said:
field testing will be going on via the opel gt...which is as close to the redline as you can get...then when all the bugs are gone/ we will have the car everyone thinks their getting...
The Opel GT wont come out till the Sky Redline comes out. I wouldn't be suprised if the Sky RL came out before the Opel GT even.

The 0-60 times are given by GM as "0-60 in under 5.5s" too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
One mans opinion...

1. all new special bugs (and you can't say it'll be worked out with the Sol GT, b/c then I could say the SKY bugs were worked out on the SOL)

2. turbo, that's great if you are drag racing and want to separate yourself from me for about 2 to 3 sec. We get the same place with 2 to 3 sec difference. Who cares? Or, if its a long trip, maybe I get there first since I don't have to stop for gas as often as you with the lower fuel mpg. Oh yeah, you might have a drag limited speed about 5-10 MPH more than me, but when ya gonna be going that fast?

3. duels look good, but its a 4 cylinder...they are FAKE duels, just for looks, no mechanical purpose whatsoever. Might even look stupid if its cool out and exhaust is only coming out once side.

4. sport tuned is good for sport driving (aka track)...not that great for
everyday or weekend driving around town...

5. special front a rear fascia...hmm, could make the car look worse (like the spoiler in my opinion). The car was designed from scratch...sometimes just bolting on front and rear fascias don't look to good; its questionable on the VUE

6. special colors...I doubt it. More like only 3 colors of the already colors out there to choose from (see ION and VUE redline choices)

7. special redline markings. So it says redline a few places. I'm beginning to think you are a label hound :)

Just thought I'd counter. The SKY is a great car (original or Redline). I just can't see spending about 3 to 5 grand more for a tuboed engine I won't use and some added on fascias and logos that may or may not look good on what is basically a toy car for me. My VUE is my everyday car. Oh yeah, and waiting about 6 to 9 months longer for delivery (just in time for winter!! no less). I'll be thinking about you while I'm crusin this summer though. Heck, you might be right...and if so, I'll just trade mine if for a Redline next summer:) But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
as the bard said so many years ago...i think you protest to much...sorry if i hit a nerve...from what i hear and i`m not just talking/ but mags/pro`s people in the know/in our camp& sol camp...think the wait is weeeellllll worth it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.