Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer said my RL is at code 3400!!!

...........3400 - order broadcast (internal plant order produced)

Next step.........3800 - vehicle produced! :cheers:

Still looking at TPW 07/29!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I believe you will find out down the line your order number was pulled but only to make a test car. They did this with my Solstice then had to put my order in again and got a new order number. ( The did it with quite a few Solstice around 100 ) This is the only thing that could of happened because there are constraints on the Red Line Option, they are not being picked up for customer build yet. I know you don't want to hear this but be prepared.

Here is a post from Sky Spy this morning :

Hello!!!

Y'all remember that the latest word on RedLine's being picked-up is that they will start to be around the 3rd week of July which puts them being built at the end of August and delivered to Dealers mid September.

*Delivery times are estimates based on how long it has been taking regular SKYs to go from "picked-up" to delivered to retailer.

Regards,

BA

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
deluke said:
I believe you will find out down the line your order number was pulled but only to make a test car. They did this with my Solstice then had to put my order in again and got a new order number. ( The did it with quite a few Solstice around 100 ) This is the only thing that could of happened because there are constraints on the Red Line Option, they are not being picked up for customer build yet. I know you don't want to hear this but be prepared.
I had the exact same thing happen to me too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
brentil said:
Where are you located?
I am in Michigan. The weather is perfect for a drop-top right now!!! :cool:

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
Yes, exactly..

I was wondering why our RL doesn't even have a prelim number:confused: .. our SM told me that they don't even have allocations yet.......they are very cautious not to state specific dates as to when this will happen........

We are first in line for a Redline at our dealership.....I thought we were missing the boat when I see others getting prelim numbers and notices that their order was picked up for their Redlines... whew! Glad you clear it up for us, deluke, .. I was about to give our saleman a call, Thanks!..:crazy:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
deluke said:
It was terrible, I got so excited I even had a vin number, then it was all gone. I was so ticked.
Hey there deluke -

I am prepared for the worst but hoping for the best! I appreciate your insight. You've posted alot of good info in the past but I am keeping my fingers crossed that you may be wrong on this one!!! :D

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
WannaSkyRL said:
Hey there deluke -

I am prepared for the worst but hoping for the best! I appreciate your insight. You've posted alot of good info in the past but I am keeping my fingers crossed that you may be wrong on this one!!! :D
I'll tell you, I was so ticked when it happened to me.I'm sure Brentil felt the same way. But your doing good preparing for the worst.

One indication is it is shut down week and nothing is being done for production. Even though it could happen even if the plant isn't shut down.

It would be nice if I'm wrong for you sake.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eye on Sky said:
Keep the faith brother. You believe and good things can happen.
Thanks Eye on Sky! I think Saturn could surprise us all and start delivery early August! (and mine will be the first of course :thumbs: )

·
Registered
323 Posts
I know its been said many times in this forum, but I would not be as optimistic as August for deliveries. That's now only 3-7 weeks depending on when in August.

I was at my dealer tonight turning in a second set of keys on a trade-in (bought my wife a new 2006 Vue AWD V6 last week, chili pepper red with chrome package to match my RL order - dang! :eek: that thing haul butt when gassed!) and they were told August to November for build months with deliveries to follow 4-6 weeks later.

One of the salepeople has been their 10+ years and is as anxious as the rest of us for his RL and is expecting his in late-September. He wanted to sell off his 1962 Corvette to me to make room for his RL (show condition).

Am I crazy to turn it down or wait for my own RL? Tough choice!:willy:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Roadie Rob said:
I know its been said many times in this forum, but I would not be as optimistic as August for deliveries. That's now only 3-7 weeks depending on when in August.

I was at my dealer tonight turning in a second set of keys on a trade-in (bought my wife a new 2006 Vue AWD V6 last week, chili pepper red with chrome package to match my RL order - dang! :eek: that thing haul butt when gassed!) and they were told August to November for build months with deliveries to follow 4-6 weeks later.

One of the salepeople has been their 10+ years and is as anxious as the rest of us for his RL and is expecting his in late-September. He wanted to sell off his 1962 Corvette to me to make room for his RL (show condition).

Am I crazy to turn it down or wait for my own RL? Tough choice!:willy:

I agree, they will not build any untill the middle to end of August the earliest. They are still on constraint.
Wait for the Red Line, you waited this long whats a 2/3 months more.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NO CODE 3400 for RL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SkyHi07 said:
I truly don't expect mine until Christmas!
I just got the word re my code 3400..........

They mistakenly ordered a non-redline!! :banghead:

The non-RL car will be coming in in August but the dealer called their rep and are putting in a redline order for me ASAP. The rep is saying redlines will begin shipping end of August early September. The rep supposedly confirmed this with someone at the factory.

They said I will have my RL definately in September!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
WannaSkyRL said:
I just got the word re my code 3400..........

They mistakenly ordered a non-redline!! :banghead:

The non-RL car will be coming in in August but the dealer called their rep and are putting in a redline order for me ASAP. The rep is saying redlines will begin shipping end of August early September. The rep supposedly confirmed this with someone at the factory.

They said I will have my RL definately in September!
I knew it wasn't possible, Sorry. But be open minded about the September delivery also. They are only making around 3000/3400 red lines the whole 2007 year. Some dealerships might not get one untill November/December or later.

I would love my GXP by September but I'm not counting on it and I'm priorty one also at a pretty large dealership that got 16 2006 base Solstice. Maybe October or November will be more like it. Then it will go right in the garage for us, living here in Ct. The first GXP allocations for the GXP was around 150 cars and the Red Line will be alot less.

Just keep your fingers crossed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts