Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the heck, walked into my local saturn dealer and asked about the redline. He told me it won't be available for a year. Guess I gotta find a new dealer becuase thats insane that he was so misinformed.

After reading these forums though most of you have a turbocharged redline on the way right?

Thanks,
Danny

·
Registered
54 Posts
hes probably right.

there are a very small amount of people on this board who actually have redlines on the way. There has only been about 150 built nationally so far. Maybe the salesman was being realistic, If his dealer has a list that is more than 4 long id say it would be about 1 year before you ever see your redline. At the current build rate they are making 200 redlines a month roughly. and at about 500 dealers that means to get to every dealers number 4 spot it would be 10 months. and Im not even gonna get into the manual tranny constraints. I somehow got moved from number 2 to number 3 and fear i wont see the car till next spring. Which actually isnt that bad of a thing. Thanks James

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well this is my first post. I live in central Canada and we have 2 Saturn dealerships in my city. I went to one and the salesman I talked to said that all of 2007 was sold out and I'd have to wait until 2008.
This past Saturday, I went to the other dealership and spoke to a salesman there. He said they could get me a Redline by next June. Seeing as how I didn't want the car until next spring/summer anyways, this was perfect for me. I put down $2000 and ordered it.
My advice is to go to different dealers, because it worked out for me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Insane666 said:
:agree:

I did a similar thing and went to the two dealers in Vancouver and found they have vastly different methods of handling wannabe customers. The first was taking names and numbers from practically anyone who came through the door. The second is only taking names with a $1000 deposit. I'm #151 on the first list and will probably be around #5 or #6 on the second. Guess where I'm going? Even though it still means waiting 12-18 months, at least it'll be easier to see the progression up the list since the people ahead of me are serious. To borrow from Seinfeld, "Anybody can put their name on a list. The trick is to put the money down."

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Insane666 said:
Well this is my first post. I live in central Canada and we have 2 Saturn dealerships in my city. I went to one and the salesman I talked to said that all of 2007 was sold out and I'd have to wait until 2008.
This past Saturday, I went to the other dealership and spoke to a salesman there. He said they could get me a Redline by next June. Seeing as how I didn't want the car until next spring/summer anyways, this was perfect for me. I put down $2000 and ordered it.
The first and second dealer are most likely telling you the same thing.
Since the 2007's are sold out -- what you'll get in June will be a 2008, most likely! The first dealer did not put you on the list (does not have one).:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
The first and second dealer are most likely telling you the same thing.
Since the 2007's are sold out -- what you'll get in June will be a 2008, most likely! The first dealer did not put you on the list (does not have one).:thumbs:
GM hasn't said the 2007 are sold out and they would of made an anouncement if they were. Where did you get info from?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
stang623 said:
What the heck, walked into my local saturn dealer and asked about the redline. He told me it won't be available for a year. Guess I gotta find a new dealer becuase thats insane that he was so misinformed.

After reading these forums though most of you have a turbocharged redline on the way right?

Thanks,
Danny
Call around you might have to travel but you probably could still find one.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeah I think here in Canada, the sky is really limited, I saw one at the dealer but i guess the buyer changed his mine. Because its almost impossible to get one now......

I did put deposit on my Redline on July 17th and my dealer was allowed for 2 Redline at this time. But I was #8 for a Sky. I know one now cancelled his base Sky and the other Reline, he will wait for 2008...

But oh well im selling my car right now and loosing money on it, but anyway i dont drive the car in the winter ( im working outside Canada ) so its better to sell it now and loose money than paying for it all winter.....

I hope my dealer will let the deal on the Sky. Saturday i saw a Sky ( my first on the road ) and the guy took it at the same group of dealer than i order mine and he told me that they give you free tire all the time you own the car!

Well im happy to be here and i cross my finger that i will get a sky one day....
But during the time we have to wait we can always change our mine.....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Placed my 1000 deposit on 7/3 for a Redline with the expectation of getting it in the Spring of 08. My dealership is a very large busy one and yet they told me that it was unlikely that I would get it by the end of this year, that late winter or early spring was more realistic. I am their 3rd in line for a redline. Early spring is just fine for me.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
deluke said:
GM hasn't said the 2007 are sold out and they would of made an anouncement if they were. Where did you get info from?
I am not basing it on any concrete info -- but based upon what we see in production and the general comments of many Saturn Dealers.
I said "The first and second dealer are most likely telling you the same thing." using an assumption that 2007 are sold or very near so. And yes I know about making assumptions..
The general statement I made stands.

Oh and GM would be the LAST people to announce it as they want people to come to the dealerships for as long as possible. If they said the 2007's were sold traffic in Saturn Stores would drop by quite a bit. Watch for announcement the day before they release the 2008 allotments. :lol:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Speaking of 2008's...would anyone care to fathom a guess as to when the 08 R/L's will go into production? Only reason I care is because we told our dealer back in July to put us down for the first 08 R/L that is allocated to them. I've heard some say production rollsout in January 07...but then I've also heard July 07. :confused: Does anyone have a reliable source for the true 2008 production month?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
nscrbug said:
Speaking of 2008's...would anyone care to fathom a guess as to when the 08 R/L's will go into production? Only reason I care is because we told our dealer back in July to put us down for the first 08 R/L that is allocated to them. I've heard some say production rollsout in January 07...but then I've also heard July 07. :confused: Does anyone have a reliable source for the true 2008 production month?
Whenever the production date for SKY begins -- at least the R/L will be available from day one.
While Deluke's info has been very reliable -- we (NSCRBUG and others) were at the Downers Grove gathering when the GM rep said they were going forward to keep model year/builds for SKY as Jan 1....
We shall see...

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Whenever the production date for SKY begins -- at least the R/L will be available from day one.
While Deluke's info has been very reliable -- we (NSCRBUG and others) were at the Downers Grove gathering when the GM rep said they were going forward to keep model year/builds for SKY as Jan 1....
We shall see...
It could be possible but I don't believe they will change the Sky Jan 1 of 2007 and then the Solstice June 26,2007. This would make no sence. But we'll see like Rick said.

Second I never heard of a following year make of car of GM's starting the whole year before the model year.

They also said Eye on Sky would have his car in July. We know that didn't happen. I think they get bad info also.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Tonic said:
Yeah I think here in Canada, the sky is really limited
Maybe we'd have more if they built Skys in Oshawa instead of the new Camaro!:banghead:

·
Registered
386 Posts
CenterIce said:
Maybe we'd have more if they built Skys in Oshawa instead of the new Camaro!:banghead:
It would be nice to have them built in Canada as it wouldn't take so long for delivery!

·
Registered
62 Posts
nscrbug said:
June/July are usually the year cut off dates. 2008 after that.
When did the sky first show up on the road?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Interesting threat because I switched dealers this week because of getting a line from the first, who wanted $100 down only to find out I'm just on their list (OK, I didn't know better than w/o this forum). The new dealer has be on "his list," but they won't take money until they know their allotment so have a list that means something.

This begs the question about taking deposits for unk allotments in the first place. I'm sure Harley Davidson got into a butt load of legal trouble for doing this very thing years ago; i.e., taking deposits for bikes that "might someday" come in ... and not paying interest.

It's all very interesting indeed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts