Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my redline in for service last weekend at the local GM dealer and I'm pretty sure they snapped this hose off and left it for some reason. Anyone know what it is so I can order a replacement? I've been driving it for a couple days before I noticed and nothing seems wrong with the car driving. On the passenger side of the engine bay. Any help much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
That is your PCV connector hose. It needs to be connected to the air intake tube.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
It's not a good idea to leave it disconnected. It messes with the fuel-air mixture (by allowing unmetered air into the engine) and can cause codes, bad driveability and more.

Did the dealer change the engine air filter - 'cos that's how this usually gets broken? If so, I would take it back to them and complain loudly to have them fix it.

Otherwise, there have been many threads on this breakage. You can get the whole intake tube replacement (expensive), get an aftermarket replacement from someone like DDM (also expensive, but has a metal tube so it won't break again), or simply fix it with glue and/or an appropriate piece of metal tube inserted to reinforce.

DDM replacement here: Silicone LNF Intake tube for Solstice / Sky by DDMWorks

·
Registered
637 Posts
I replaced the broken part with a metal 90° shaped line with the same connection inserted into the broken intake hose. I held the 90°shaped line in place with RTV. It looks stock except the broken plastic is now metal.

·
Registered
264 Posts
JB welded mine back on - has held up well over the last year. Very common (and annoying) issue. I never saw drivability or running issues when it was broken though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Found mine broken too. Fixed it with an used throat tube from my 3d printer. Anyway it can be found at Amazon or Aliexpress for a few cents. Extract the teflon layer in it so you obtain a perfectly hollow cilinder which can be screwed to the broken nipple and into the elbow. It fits perfectly, so not any glue needed. It will remain solid like a rock forever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts