Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals I was just curious what kind of people are buying a Saturn Sky Redline. So here is a few questions for ya.
1. who are you?
2. What cars do you own or have you owned in the past?
3. What car started it all for you or whats your dream car?
4. Will you keep the Redline stock or push the limits? ( what are your plans?)

Just thought it would be fun to find out a little more about each other.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1. Im James im 23 and recently engaged. I do concrete work in the mornings and work at a bank at night.
2. It started for me with a 91 honda civic which i traded in and bought a 2000 civic in 1999. Lightly modded Intake header exhaust stereo. Then I moved on to a 2001 Honda prelude in 2001. 1 of the first 15 greddy turbo kits in the country was put in that car but unfortunately the auto trans couldnt hold it for long. Moved on to a Nissan 350z in 2003. 1 of the first 50 Greddy Twin turbo kits in the usa was put in that car. Also had Volk wheels killer stereo and lightened clutch flywheel etc.. Car had 411 rwhp and I loved it. In 2005 i purchased a 99 Pontiac Grand am Gt as a winter car. I recently sold the 350z to make room for the sky and am currently driving the pontiac as a daily driver.
3. Im not sure what car started it all for me I really didnt get into cars till I was 16ish but then the customization passion began. My dream car would probably be the Ferrari Enzo or Bugati Veyron.
4. I plan to make the Redline my own just like all my other cars. I will push the internals to the limits and shoot for the neighborhood of 350rwhp. In due time of course. 1st up will be the stereo and wheels. Then we will see what the stock turbo can do then move on to bigger and better things.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm boB

1st car 1972 Datsun 240Z (1977 at 19, and in the Navy)
2nd car 1974 Datsun 260Z
3rd car 1976 Datsun 280Z
4th car 1972 Chevelle
5th car 1984 Pontiac Fiero (one of the first 1000)
6th car 1984 Pontiac Grand Am
7th car 1991 Chrysler LeBaron cpe
8th car 1996 Dodge Ram 4X4
9th car 1978 Datsun 280Z
10th car 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
11th car 1994 Mercury Capri (completely customized)
12th car 2001 Audi A4 Q
13th car 1999 Pontiac Sunfire convt
14th car 1993 Mercury Capri
15th car 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser convt
16th car 2007 Saturn Sky Redline (on order)

Loved the 240Z the best of them all, 2nd is the Fiero, then the 94 Capri (absolutly the most bang for the buck for a car on the road today) Dream car is a Prowler, it's a dream because I don't fit in it.

As long as it don't have a back seat, I'll like it alot.

Redline will remain stock, maybe air intake and rims in the future.

·
Registered
540 Posts
5thgenluder said:
Hey guys and gals I was just curious what kind of people are buying a Saturn Sky Redline. So here is a few questions for ya.
1. who are you? - Professional, married, one child, age 35ish

2. What cars do you own or have you owned in the past? Mustang GT was first car, followed by god awful LeBaron turbo GTS piece of junk, then another Mustand GT, a Fiero for a very short while, then another Mustang GT, then a TBird, Bonneville SS, Olds Aurora loaded (love that car) , Caddy CTS (sport)

3. What car started it all for you or whats your dream car? My RedLine craving started the minute I saw the Vauxhall Lighting!!!!!!
4. Will you keep the Redline stock or push the limits? ( what are your plans?) I am a classic, stock kind of girl.

What fun !!! :thumbs: :cheers:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Peter, 37, Saturn Sales consultant in Southern California
I wanted a SKY... then I heard about the Redline version and knew that was it. Just the right time for me in my life. I'm newly married and have some disposable income for a fun car.
Current vehicles are in my signature but I have always driven beaters up to and including my old 93 Saturn SL1.
Getting divorced changed my life. Long story short I went from broke to 6 figures in the bank in 2 years.
My first new car is the 2005 GTO in my signature. One taste of real performance and I was hooked.
Cheers!

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
I'm Anthony

First car was 85' metallic charcoal grey cutlass surpeme. It was a boat but we sure had some good times in it.
My last car was a 95 trans am which sadly got totaled in a flood. Used to love driving it down to the beach.
Put my deposit down last week and just got my pre-liminary order today for the RL, red, 5 speed auto, chrome, premium trim, lsd, spoiler, cd/mp3 monsoon and the windscreen.

I'd just like to recieve the car before i think about future modifications. But the dual CAI is the first thing i'll put in when i get the car. I've always been partial to K&N myself.

·
Registered
38 Posts
5thgenluder said:
1. who are you?

1. I'm Mark and I am turning 40 in July
2. I currently drive a 2006 Audi A4 (GREAT car)
3. I had a 1969 Olds Cutlas S convertable but haven't had a drop-top in 10 years......can't wait! :driving:
4. Will probably keep the RL as purchased. Only thought would be the air intake if it increased the horsepower enough (but unlikely).

·
Registered
174 Posts
I am 45

Have many cars now...Sky, Just ordered the Rl, Mustang GT, Mercedes Truck, Ford escape

First car was a brand new Camero Z28, just when they changed the design it was sweet

Will sell my sky I have now and just have the RL...I will sell at teh end of sept and probably get what I paid or even a few dollars more

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
5thgenluder said:
1. who are you?

1)
I am 49 (50 in September) Married almost 3 years. I manage a Technical Support department for a small software company.

2) This is going to be long

First Car Grad Present (1975) 67 Mustang Dark Blue, White Vinyl Top and 289 w AutoMatic. Had it a couple of months, front end needed too much work to keep.

2) 66 Mustang same as above except pea soup green. Ran to the ground. (What a fool I was)

3) 71 Plymouth Duster slant 6, Auto Yellow with Bottomless Money Pit Black Top) Had for several years and put way too much money in it.

4) 62 Dodge Dart, Straight 6, Push Button Auto on the Dash. (Paid $75.00) I lived in Philly at the time. In the winter the push button tranny linkage would freeze up under the dash. I either had to let it warm up for several minutes or take a blow dryer with an extension cord thaw the linkage out

5) 79 Datsun 210 My first new car drove it for over 9 years until it died.

6) My Volvo Junker Stage (71 Volvo 442, 73 Volvo 442, 72 Volvo Station Wagon)

7) A 74 Cougar w 351 Cleveland and four barrel carb. When I punched it the gas gage went down faster than the speedometer went up!

8) 1980 Audi Fox station wagon- Blew Head Gasket after a couple of months

9) 197something Pinto (I think it was the explosive model) :D

10) Late 80's Ford Fairmount (sold when I moved to California) First sold in running condition) :D

11) First car in CA 1980 Datsun 210, Drove it for five years

12) 1998 Saturn SL1 Silver Plum

13) 2000 Saturn SL2 Deep Blue

14) 2004 ION Quade Coupe, very nicely equiped and CVT transmisssion.

My Dream Car:
Currently 2007 Saturn Redline (see signature for details)

When I Get it:
I plan on doing some mods. Add some special lighting, perhaps racing stripes. I really want to unleash some creativity on it.

May add things to the engine though 260 hp is enough for me. :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'm 19, my brother is 24... He has a 2000SS, I had a 94 Z28, now drive a 94 530i..

Plan to mod the car, lower, do some appearance changes here and there, and run in 12s...

·
Registered
540 Posts
richmcc said:
1)
I am 49 (50 in September) Married almost 3 years. I manage a Technical Support department for a small software company.

2) This is going to be long

First Car Grad Present (1975) 67 Mustang Dark Blue, White Vinyl Top and 289 w AutoMatic. Had it a couple of months, front end needed too much work to keep.

2) 66 Mustang same as above except pea soup green. Ran to the ground. (What a fool I was)

3) 71 Plymouth Duster slant 6, Auto Yellow with Bottomless Money Pit Black Top) Had for several years and put way too much money in it.

4) 62 Dodge Dart, Straight 6, Push Button Auto on the Dash. (Paid $75.00) I lived in Philly at the time. In the winter the push button tranny linkage would freeze up under the dash. I either had to let it warm up for several minutes or take a blow dryer with an extension cord thaw the linkage out

5) 79 Datsun 210 My first new car drove it for over 9 years until it died.

6) My Volvo Junker Stage (71 Volvo 442, 73 Volvo 442, 72 Volvo Station Wagon)

7) A 74 Cougar w 351 Cleveland and four barrel carb. When I punched it the gas gage went down faster than the speedometer went up!

8) 1980 Audi Fox station wagon- Blew Head Gasket after a couple of months

9) 197something Pinto (I think it was the explosive model) :D

10) Late 80's Ford Fairmount (sold when I moved to California) First sold in running condition) :D

11) First car in CA 1980 Datsun 210, Drove it for five years

12) 1998 Saturn SL1 Silver Plum

13) 2000 Saturn SL2 Deep Blue

14) 2004 ION Quade Coupe, very nicely equiped and CVT transmisssion.

My Dream Car:
Currently 2007 Saturn Redline (see signature for details)

When I Get it:
I plan on doing some mods. Add some special lighting, perhaps racing stripes. I really want to unleash some creativity on it.

May add things to the engine though 260 hp is enough for me. :D

oh my gosh, you are HYSTERICAL :willy: :willy: great post !!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
5thgenluder said:
1. who are you?

I am 27 y/o male, i am betting I was born with the box wrench in my hand and bearings in place of brains...I was born in CIS /former USSR

Currently own:
2006 Hyundai Elantra GT hatch-helps with dogs-vet visits
2002 Nissan Maxima SE- family car
1993 Nissan Maxima GXE-just when I feel like(modded)
1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara-lifted mudding toy 250k miles
1988 Mitsubishi Starion ESI-nice shape toy (86k)
1988 Chrysler Conquest Tsi-the beast (under 3k miles since $50k resto-mod)
1983 Chevy k35 dualy flat bed, BB, mancie 4 speed w/granny-26k miles just brining heavy stuff

Owned:
just highlights...
3 more Conquests/starions
97 subaru legacy GT
1994 Sx240 with 20DET+turbo swap
1996 300ZX TT
1996 Maxima SE with stillen S/C

and bunch of the beaters and crutch rockets

as long as i remember I liked cars, but when went to the college 8-1 ratio guys to girls, i realize i need a hobby or I will be frat dunk...well got my first conquest/starion. It is my dream car-love the body lines, even if it would be the slowest car on the road I'd still have grin from ear to ear every time i start the car

probably just minor bolt ons (pcm, intake,exhaust,suspention cams, nothing really major, but aftermarket support depending. i already have extremely thirsty RWD 4 cylinder with FI that used to have plate "I 8 V8"...

·
Registered
323 Posts
1. who are you?

1 - Married, 31 (wife 33), no kids, mega-cycling freak averaging 8,000-9,000 miles per year cycling.

2 - Nothing fancy car-wise (2 Subarus, Outback and Legacy), though my RL will be my 2nd Saturn. My first, a 1998 SL2, was destroyed by a police issue (reinforced) Ford Crown Victoria. The Crown Vic had a cracked front bumper - my SL2 was totalled (every fluid imaginable spilled on the highway, but the darn thing saved my life!).

I have 21 bikes....? That should count for something?

3 - First dream cars - 1986 Ferrari Testarossa / 1988 Ferrari 288 GTO. Miami Vice (later seasons) got me hooked on cars.

4 - Stock Redline. I even had to order an automatic as well (for the wife).

Sometimes the smallest compromises make the best marriages stay happy!

-Rob

·
Registered
4 Posts
2nd Childhood

I'm 57 and work for a stock brokerage.

I won't bore you with all the flavors of transportation, just hit the highlights:

1. 1952 Chevy with a straight 6 and 3 on the tree, 1st car with a pink slip.
2. 1965 Falcon, 260 with a Cobra kit, 4 speed, convertabile
3. 1963 MGB - College days
4. 1972 El Camino SS 396 - wish I stilll had it. First new car.
5. 1963 MGB, modified, 350 Chevy motor, 10.37 in the 1/4, yup car #3
6. 1972 Porsche 911 Carrera

We currently have a Jeep and a Silverado 2500HD

The car that started it for me was the 1949 MGTD, the guy next door rebuilt one from the frame up - awsome.

Dream cars - 1964 Shelby Cobra, I prefer the 289 with the Webbers, better overall balance and of course the 2007 Saturn Redline Sky

Let's see what the Redline has to offer, then.................

·
Registered
746 Posts
I am 43, in sales for a Juvenile products manufacturer calling on big box retailers. My dream car is a Ferrari Spider, but that will likely never come to be. My everyday car now is Land Rover Discovery which I need for my work. I have had 3 RX7/8s over my life time, Honda Prelude, BMW 325 and a Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata as well as a Toyota MR2 Spyder conv. I am anxiously awating this car which will be a recreational car for my wife and me. I have yet to have a convertible with this kind of horsepower. If I find it is adequate I will keep it sstock though I plan to add the CAI immediately.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Here is my take!!!

Here is my list...
  1. The name is B.A. Rivera and I'm a Sales & Financial Consultant for Saturn of Columbia in Columbia, SC. Currently in college and should finally get my Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration with a Mayor in Business Information Systems in another 1.5 years. :thumbs:

2. Currently I own a 2000 Honda Civic HB DX Automatic with only 60,000 miles. This is the wife's car. I also currently own a 1988 Honda Accord LX 4Dr. and this is the one I drive back and forth to work. I have owned a fair amount of cars in the past but my favorites are the 1st car which was my 1985 Honda Civic HB standard (4 speed manual, no A/C, no radio; I had so much fun with this car in High School. The latest favorite was my 1990 Honda CRX Si I had modified for speed and handling. Sold that last one so thwt I could pay my mortgage.

3. The car that started it all was the 1990 Honda CRX Si. I spend a whoping $10k fixing and modifying this car and really got me hooked on kaking car better.

4. I'm planning on doing ONLY what will be available from GM. I want to keep my warranty going since I will not be able to afford any mayor mishaps that are my fault. I will ONLY do mods sanctioned by GM and installed by the Saturn Dealer so that my warranty remains in effect. THe only thing I'm planning on doing is aftermarket seats (eventually) and maybe even a rollbar-cage.

Regards,

BA...

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm Chris, 35, visual effects artist in Los Angeles.

After having a kid I gave up the fun cars for a Saturn Vue (not that it isn't fun, but you know what I mean.)

I will mod this car. Oh yes. I am debating upgrading the RL mightily or ripping it all out for a Mallet conversion. No warranty for me!

c

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Green RL

Hey, name's Ken-other transport '97 chevy Tahoe 5.7; '87 HD Sportster; not getting rid of either of them for RL; wife don't understand-not my problem I'm getting it;
As far as mods-1st 4pt harness-so EMT's don't have too look for body-LOL
then probably exhaust-demons must breathe

·
Registered
745 Posts
My line

My name is Scott I'm a troubleshooter for Continental.
Iv'e had plenty of cars in my life, I used to change them like some change socks. I'm 44 years old going on 21

First Car 62 Pontiac Grand Prix Black lots of rust bought for 50.00 389 powerglide could smoke the tires for as long as you held the gas.

68 Mustang 390 bought by my mom to get that eyesore out of the driveway

79 Thunderbird loaded Dove Grey father gave me new when in high school from one of his dealerships brand new(parents divorced and had to keep up with mom).

81Mazda RX7GSL first brand new car I bought after high school grad loved it
hated the service and the insurance rates

Then went through faze of Buying beaters and liability insurance.

84 Corvette Black dad finally forgave me for trading in the new car he gave me in High School. Loved it kept til girlfriend got pregnant 1987.

bought house and beaters again divorced in 1989

88 Buick Reatta dad gave me because wife took everything but house and clothes. This was a great car not fast but always would turn heads so far ahead of its time.

95 Trans Am Anniversary Black with Red interior Convertible, This car just oozed sexy, but the same as Corvette the Black was so hard to keep Clean

96 Impala SS Great comfortable car that could still use going to and from work

after this I went to cars people expected me to drive to work Lincolns and Cadilacs

Now I have

1987 ElCamino ChooChoo that gets maybe 50-100 miles a year need something to haul stuff from Home Depot

1993 Jaguar XjS 12 cylinder sits in the garage alot since the Sky.

2001 Eldordo work car but has more power than you would expect.

2002 Yamaha V-max chrome polish and awesome speed again in the garage again since Sky

2007 Sky Midnight Blue Vin 271 delivered in March loaded fair weather car I love. No car I have ever owned has brought so much attension when on the road.

Next ordered 5-25-06 Redline loaded Red with black interior Guaranteed in writing Msrp whatever that will be to speed acceptance and guaranteed the first one delivered to Dealership in Writing. If I can change color it will be BlueStone, but as of now it will not accept Bluestone.
More power all the way

·
Registered
38 Posts
1. Shawn, 37, Married, 2 daughters (10 and 5) with another child on the way.

2. Current cars =

1987 Buick Grand National, 72k original miles with a fully built motor, 485+ RWHP. This is my current weekend / play car.

More here: http://www.ayresweb.com/GN/

1997 Eddie Bauer Ford Expedition (wife's ride)

1996 Saturn SL2 (my daily driver)

Past cars =

(3) 1955 Chevy's

1967 VW Karmann Ghia, paint job, interior, stereo, etc. done by me.

1974 Chevy Cheyenne Super truck, 454 engine rebuilt by myself and my dad

1977 Datsun 280Z, paint, interior, engine rebuilt by me.

1964 Pontiac GTO, crummy paint and horrible interior, but it would pull the front wheels off the ground.

1970 1/2 Camaro RS/SS/Z28 Hugger Orange, Cragar wheels, diamond tuck interior.

1978 Datsun 280Z

1967 Camaro, totally redone by me including engine, interior, tranny, paint.

1979 Chrysler Cordoba, bought it while I was doing some work on one of my project cars. UGLY but cheap.

1987 Camaro RS, V6, slow but looked nice

1965 Pontiac GTO, 455 tri-power (non-original engine.)

1981 Camaro, engine, paint, interior, etc. redone by me

1994 Neon

1994 Ford F-150

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1994 Toyota Landcruiser

cont in next post

1 - 20 of 36 Posts