Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes the sky is evolutionary and for those whoes needs are meet/ so be it...but as we also know the redline will be revolutionary...i keep hearing about b s from some people...b s must stand for B ought to S oon or i want the sky with a non turbo engine / smaller tires/slower off the line/less exact steering/and of course less aggresive styling... yes it must be B S/ B etter
Suited for the ones who are willing to wait...at least until august...

·
Registered
623 Posts
Sol/Sky would never have had a V8. They are suppose to be "affordable" cars. Plus, can you say XLR and Corvette?

Honestly, if I had $100k I'd get an XLR-V.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Lee Willis said:
Yeah, it's all about making money, not cars. GM's woes are both poor planning, blotted management (too many people and too much bureaucracy) and far too high labor overhead costs. They build great engines, and a few great cars, but overall right now, they stink. I guess if you don't like it you buy from someone else, or you can build you own car.

Of course, some companies can do it all, such as Porsche. They make a ton of profit on every 911, and I don't begrudge them a pfennig, or feel that, at an average around US$85k each, they are particularly overpriced. The 911 has remaied a technology and market leader for 40 years, and along the way they've made so much money they bought 20% of Volkswagen-Audi (many people assume VW-Audi owns Prosche but its actually the other way around).
Porsche has made missteps, like the whole SUV thing. It's not selling as well as it should to justify the creation of it.

Porsche does NOT own VW-Audi. VW-Audi are publically traded companies, Porsche is family owned. The family who owns Porsche owns a significant chunk of stock in VW-Audi and one of them sits on the board (could even be the CEO). They are "Strategic Partners" but that is far from ownership.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you keep missing the point...could of had a v-8 like the t v com. you know like someone who bought the basic sky but deep down really wants the real thing...how do you say r.e.d.l.i.n.e... out by end of august o6`

·
Registered
623 Posts
glock919 said:
you keep missing the point...could of had a v-8 like the t v com. you know like someone who bought the basic sky but deep down really wants the real thing...how do you say r.e.d.l.i.n.e... out by end of august o6`
I didn't miss the point, a V8 would ruin this car, so would a V6. If the Redline was a V6 instead of a Turbo 4 I'd be getting a normal one. In fact if it's anything but the Turbo 4 I'll get a normal one.

And I am sure you mean August '07. August '06, maybe on the Julian Calendar.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the only thing your not getting is that you wish you had waited for the redline/ but your stuck with the pretender... ref:to v-8 has nothig to do with the engine... it has to do with a popular juice drink...get a life ...or better yet get a redline. p.s. my uncle owns 22 dealerships with multi brands/think i will be driving red line in o6`

·
Registered
623 Posts
glock919 said:
the only thing your not getting is that you wish you had waited for the redline/ but your stuck with the pretender... ref:to v-8 has nothig to do with the engine... it has to do with a popular juice drink...get a life ...or better yet get a redline. p.s. my uncle owns 22 dealerships with multi brands/think i will be driving red line in o6`
Sorry, it's hard to read your posts. No punctuation or sentence structure. I tried to read it and I got lost in the mess. Plus way to many abbreviations. Is ref = refer or reference. USE ENGLISH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Why is the Internet being overtaken by idiots..... I remember the good old days....

·
Registered
804 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
Sol/Sky would never have had a V8. They are suppose to be "affordable" cars. Plus, can you say XLR and Corvette?
Well, you could get the V8, but be carefull of spilling it on the leather.:)

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Bah, this car doesn't have to have a V8 to be a great car. People are so fixated on V8 power, gotta have the V8!!! Bah it's a waste of space in my opinion. Ruin the balance and destroy the real Roadster that this car is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts