Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the pipes from the motor to muffler any different from The Base Sky and the Redline? Is the muffler any different?
My Base Sky was on the lift at dealer and I was looking at it. the exhaust is all welded joints but the muffler has two outlets. The second one has a cap welded on it. Is this the only difference on a Redline dual exhaust instead of cap the second tail pipe welded in? I hope not for all the people that bought a aftermarket dual exhaust for there base sky. if anyone knows if this is the only difference please post.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well, the aftermarket exhaust will most likely flow a LOT better than stock as which also allows a different tone. I suppose if someone wanted stock sound but duals it would suck but otherwise it's no loss.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
The pipe from the cat back is exactly the same. I've read it's the same muffler too with just n extra outlet added to it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
clarify

so the after market exhaust is just a muffler and tail pipe? It is not a headerpipe muffler and pipes? So it would a cheap way to go duals just order Redline driverside tailpipe and break welds on cap of basemuffler for second tail pipe. If the header pipe is small on base wouldn't it restrict flow and the only gain in changing muffler and tailpipes be exhaust note?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts