Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to dealer today to try and change the color of my RedLine order to Bluestone. I talked to GM yesterday and he said the owner already put through the order. I said no that was the pre-order. He said call the owner tommorow but I'm sure he said it was done.

I brought my SKY no271 in for its first service (delivered in March).

The owner had me come in the office to talk about the Sky Party Show that I am organizing.

I asked him about changing the color of my Sky to Bluestone, he said lets pull it up It ids out of our hands now.

He print it out the Order detail says 2000 accepted by GM

I asked him to print Event History Report as SkySpy said awhile back.
this read as:

3000 Accepted by Production Control 06-08-06

The owner told me I will get one of the first 10 built. I'm pumped now!

·
Registered
325 Posts
That's awesome, I wish I was in the same position!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Eye on Sky said:
I went to dealer today to try and change the color of my RedLine order to Bluestone. I talked to GM yesterday and he said the owner already put through the order. I said no that was the pre-order. He said call the owner tommorow but I'm sure he said it was done.

I brought my SKY no271 in for its first service (delivered in March).

The owner had me come in the office to talk about the Sky Party Show that I am organizing.

I asked him about changing the color of my Sky to Bluestone, he said lets pull it up It ids out of our hands now.

He print it out the Order detail says 2000 accepted by GM

I asked him to print Event History Report as SkySpy said awhile back.
this read as:

3000 Accepted by Production Control 06-08-06

The owner told me I will get one of the first 10 built. I'm pumped now!
CONGRATS !!:cheers:

·
Registered
540 Posts
deluke said:
CONGRATS !!:cheers:
Holey Smokes !!!! honey dont worry about not getting the bluestone. You will look gorgeous in one of the first 10 Redlines built, even if they forget to paint it. :jester: WE expect pics the second you get it and code updates hourly until it arrives. he he

CONGRATS :cheers:

Even if it is being built for testing ---- YOUR order --- with YOUR specs --is being built for testing!!! How cool is that???? I am not a manufacturing expert but this must mean you are one step closer to a REAL Redline in your driveway:thumbs: Sure is looking like they are on the ball and on schedule to start production.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
WAY AWESOME..... and you know, i do EXPECT to be there when you take delivery....... hehehehe...... hmmmm.... we shall see....... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Eye On Sky,
How about some spec on what you ordered?
Would be interesed on what was picked up
Trans: Auto/Man
Wheel: Pol/Chrome
Radio, etc, etc.......

·
Registered
90 Posts
Does it mean that it's imminent that you will receive your car, or can the production date still be late August and they are just queueing up orders?

·
Registered
90 Posts
still a good sign

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I'll tell you what I think could of happened the more I thought about it and saw the dates you posted. This happened to us with our Solstice .They needed some orders for extra car's for testing so they pulled regular orders and made the car's. My dealer and pontiac actually gave me a vin number only to find out later they reentered my order because the one that was made which we thought was for me was made with my order and specks but it was for testing. Then they reissued me a new order number and I started again. There is no way a Red Line was accepted into production on June 6th . I hope I'm wrong but I have a funny feeling. Any early Solstice forum members can vouch that they did this.

There is no way your car could of went to code 3000 on June 6th. O.K. go ahead everyone and start flamming.:)

I hope I'm wrong for your sake Eye on Sky.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ah, very well could be. In our manufacturing world we call that a Manufacturing Validation build. Fill real orders just to make sure you can. Work out all the bugs before you flip the switch.

Still a good (great) sign.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
I hope is true Eye on SKY, but I'm very skeptical that that's actually the case... :nono:

I see how it could be one of the test vehicles but this won't mean nothing to you in the long run because you will not have the opportunity to buy that one since it was a "test" vehicle...

Only Time Will Tell!!! I hope it's true though!!! :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Either way, I am checking my status with my Dealer tomorrow! :cheers:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I never take anything at face value.

Once it is in hand we will all no how it works out.
I ordered ChiliP Red, black leather, chrome wheels,6disc monsoon,spoiler, lets just everything but xm.
I really wanted Bluestone but will take what I can get.

On July 15th GM Execs and Regional Director of Saturn will be at our Sky Party Show in Downers Grove, Illinois. I hope I will find out more then, but they can only release what the Company wants out there, and nothing more.
That I'm sure everyone can understand. Confidential Company info alot of misdirection is used to protect the real info at least I would imagine.

But I always believe in keeping a positive attitude, and i will continue to.
I am not naive I realize I can sit at 3000 for a month or two but it is still better than alternative or having no code at all.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey Eye on Sky -

Keep the faith. My dealer had said that the exec he spoke with said I would have my Sky RL in 1 1/2 to 2 months. You can see my order date when they told my dealer that.

I know it may (or most likely) not happen but why not think positive! :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
deluke said:
I'll tell you what I think could of happened the more I thought about it and saw the dates you posted. This happened to us with our Solstice .They needed some orders for extra car's for testing so they pulled regular orders and made the car's. My dealer and pontiac actually gave me a vin number only to find out later they reentered my order because the one that was made which we thought was for me was made with my order and specks but it was for testing. Then they reissued me a new order number and I started again. There is no way a Red Line was accepted into production on June 6th . I hope I'm wrong but I have a funny feeling. Any early Solstice forum members can vouch that they did this.

There is no way your car could of went to code 3000 on June 6th. O.K. go ahead everyone and start flamming.:)

I hope I'm wrong for your sake Eye on Sky.
Good point, and :yesnod: :yesnod: The best thing to do is sit back and let the process happen, beenn there, done that, and will do it again. At least I will have something to pass the time watching Kathy's AURA progress through the events. It will be more rapid then the R/L fer sure. And I have Serenity, both of them to pass my time, as well as this forum:thumbs:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Where is your Aura order currently Ernest? Expect delievery sometime in July? I have not been keeping up with Aura production schedule..

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
SKY Spy said:
I hope is true Eye on SKY, but I'm very skeptical that that's actually the case... :nono:

I see how it could be one of the test vehicles but this won't mean nothing to you in the long run because you will not have the opportunity to buy that one since it was a "test" vehicle...

Only Time Will Tell!!! I hope it's true though!!! :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:
I would bet it's a test SkySpy, just like they did to us with our Solstice. I was so disapointed and ticked when they told us we had a new order number because they built the other car for testing.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts