Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we should have a good idea of what the Sky will cost at this point. In Canada it sould be around $35k or so. But what about the Redline edition that has been the buzz for so long. Any idea how much of a premium there will be on the Redline?

·
Registered
52 Posts
35k for the regular sky??? wow dude, i feel for you. cant you come stateside and get one for cheaper then take it back with you??? just trying to save you a few bucks. also i have heard from here that its roughly about 28000 for the RL. i may be wrong but we wont have solid numbers for about another year. quite some time to wait.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats Canadian Dollars. What ever you pay in USD the exchange is around 1.3 or so. I'm going by the Solstice price all done out. Source Saturn.ca

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
It will mainly depend on how GM packages the upgrade. Will there be upgraded brakes, suspension, faascia, Stabilitrack, interior trime, etc. Looking at various other GM cars the upgraded Supercharged/Turbocharged versions range from $2500 to $8000 in price difference from the base model to that model. Also expect the Solstice GXP pricing to be competative with the MX-5/MS-MX-5.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be sticking with the 2.4L it thats the case. Please remember to wave as you pass me in your Redline Sky :D .

Thanks all.

·
Registered
52 Posts
the redline never crossed my mind. i like the sky just like she is. not only that im going N/A so a supercharged verion or turboed version will just be more money i would use for teh body or for the motor. go for the stock piece and enjoy. i know i will.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:D :D :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
hey dont forget that extra badges or stickers adds 10HP per sticker. i'll take my chances with less HP when i de-badge the front and rear.

·
Registered
623 Posts
brentil said:
It will mainly depend on how GM packages the upgrade. Will there be upgraded brakes, suspension, faascia, Stabilitrack, interior trime, etc. Looking at various other GM cars the upgraded Supercharged/Turbocharged versions range from $2500 to $8000 in price difference from the base model to that model. Also expect the Solstice GXP pricing to be competative with the MX-5/MS-MX-5.
I just hope they release specs at the Autoshow this January.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts