Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys, i'm going out for a nice cruise tonight. But i took 2 quick shots for yas. You can be sure tommorow morning when it's light i'll get some better shots. NOTICE it looks like the changed the brake vents a tiny bit. They are chrome insteada the silver pearl color for the border now and they have honeycomb spread over the went.

Sorry the pics stink, but give me some slack, I'm on limited lighting!

Engine Pics thread

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
It's Beautiful!!!!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks like you win the first forum reported Redline in the driveway sweepsteaks! You lucky dog! Congrats!!!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Ok guys, i'm going out for a nice cruise tonight. But i took 2 quick shots for yas. You can be sure tommorow morning when it's light i'll get some better shots. NOTICE it looks like the changed the brake vents a tiny bit. They are chrome insteada the silver pearl color for the border now and they have honeycomb spread over the went.

Awsome Pitcom!!

How does she drive vs the regular Sky?

All news is good news.. so keep it coming!!

Congrats!:thumbs:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Very nice; very lucky. I wish I had my R/L:banghead:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
The red really is awesome with the darker lights, you can really see it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Congrats on the RedLine! I expect great reports from you. Post your first speeding ticket for us too!:lol: :cheers:

Imaged 23/06/06
KGKH3X
BUILD WEEK! 31JUL06 – 06AUG06
4200 Shipped 8/14/06
AT THE DEALERSHIP 8/30/06
IN MY GARAGE 8/31/06
VIN#8059
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
Wheel locks
Cold Air Intake
Mud Guards

·
Registered
129 Posts
Awesome color for the redline Pitcom! I can't wait to here how she drives and see some more pics tomorrow. I'm so excited to see your redline that it feels like i have butterflies in my stomach. I haven't posted much yet b/c i haven't ordered my r/l yet, but i've enjoyed reading about your eager wait... and the day has finally come for you. It is so awesome!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Looks like you win the first forum reported Redline in the driveway sweepsteaks! You lucky dog! Congrats!!!
And what does he win Johnny?

"Well he's won a fabulous trip to Southern New Jersey, where he will meet Ahnuld for an afternoon of fun filled cruising in the Redline."

:lol: :cheers:

·
Registered
144 Posts

YOUR CAR LOOKS BAD ASS!! same set up as mine color top and rims =)

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
And what does he win Johnny?

"Well he's won a fabulous trip to Southern New Jersey, where he will meet Ahnuld for an afternoon of fun filled cruising in the Redline."

:lol: :cheers:
Hey Hey Hey! Back of the line bud!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Well guys i just put the first 100 miles on the redline. My average for gas for the combined trip hung out at around 30.4 mpg. But forget gas let's get to the good stuff.

The last time i can remember having such a big grin was the day i was 8 years old and opened my first Ninetendo under the christmas tree. It's that day all over again. Where to begin? The first thing that struck me was how nice the guages are, and in my opion how much easier they are to see than the base sky. Turning the key generates a very, very gentle rumble which surprised me coming from this four cylinder. Cruising at about 45 mph the ride is extremely smooth. One thing that i really enjoy with this car is the handling, it is FANTASTIC. It begs to hug the road, and sometimes after making turns and gliding through curves you hardly notice that you stopped driving in a straight line. I can hear what you are all thinking at this point, "tell us about the turbo!" Ok, i will. There is absolutely almost no lag with this turbo, you hit the gas and watch the boost gauage nail 20 in no time at all. It is in no shape or form what i was expecting. When shifting from 2nd through 4th, the tires squeal, and the car generates a very nice pulling sensation. You really feel as if your body is part of the car when the turbo is in play. Regardless of what some other reviews say, this car is fast. I can easily compare this car to my 95 trans am. The redline has a competition mode for no traction control which is great. From a standstill, i gave it the old lead foot and the rear just grabs the road and send you on your way. The turbo kicks in so well, it really is amazing how this thing performs. I've only driven this car 100 miles, but somehow i feel like we're old friends.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Mahalo Pit For The Review!!!!!!

Well guys i just put the first 100 miles on the redline. My average for gas for the combined trip hung out at around 30.4 mpg. But forget gas let's get to the good stuff.

The last time i can remember having such a big grin was the day i was 8 years old and opened my first Ninetendo under the christmas tree. It's that day all over again. Where to begin? The first thing that struck me was how nice the guages are, and in my opion how much easier they are to see than the base sky. Turning the key generates a very, very gentle rumble which surprised me coming from this four cylinder. Cruising at about 45 mph the ride is extremely smooth. One thing that i really enjoy with this car is the handling, it is FANTASTIC. It begs to hug the road, and sometimes after making turns and gliding through curves you hardly notice that you stopped driving in a straight line. I can hear what you are all thinking at this point, "tell us about the turbo!" Ok, i will. There is absolutely almost no lag with this turbo, you hit the gas and watch the boost gauage nail 20 in no time at all. It is in no shape or form what i was expecting. When shifting from 2nd through 4th, the tires squeal, and the car generates a very nice pulling sensation. You really feel as if your body is part of the car when the turbo is in play. Regardless of what some other reviews say, this car is fast. I can easily compare this car to my 95 trans am. The redline has a competition mode for no traction control which is great. From a standstill, i gave it the old lead foot and the rear just grabs the road and send you on your way. The turbo kicks in so well, it really is amazing how this thing performs. I've only driven this car 100 miles, but somehow i feel like we're old friends.

Pit much MAHALOS to you for the REVIEW!

I haven't told anyone but I am on the border of stopping my mods on my SKY, selling it and buying the REDLINE...yep...first time I am saying this!!!!!

I have done some looking into this and the REDLINE is just overall AWESOME!

My dealership is going to let me TEST drive the first REDLINE that comes in...If I love it...I'm buying it!

Anyone interested in a MODED SKY ROADSTER?

Think I'm going Redline soon!!!!!!!

PICS BELOW OF MY BABY 1,600 MILES

ALOHAS! :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Man, that was a close race...

'gratz, pitcom! :thumbs:

Honorable mention to Inline4Redline :cheers:

So, that's first known SKY owner (on the forum, NCBlue) on March 14, 2006,

First known SKY RedLine owner on September 7, 2006.

First pictures of a dealer-delivered SKY by Inline4Redline on 9/7/06....

:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
746 Posts

Awesome Pitcom.
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When did you pick it up? Now I am getting excited. When I get mine ans Spag has his we have to get together for a quick ride.

Blue

1 - 20 of 62 Posts