Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Same thing we have been hearing about delivery times, 1st deliveries are scheduled for "FALL/06" and there is NOTHING on pricing yet :banghead:, only that there will be a "premium" over the regular SKY. :mad:

The forecast mix of sales is, at this time, set up for 60% Regular SKY / 40% RedLine SKY. This is a lot higher than I though, good news for those waiting for the RedLine. :eek:

Automatic transmission is definately available. :thumbs:

The RedLine's gas milage is VERY impressive...

21/30 for the MANUAL
19/27 for the AUTO

Premium Fuel is NOT mandatory, just RECOMMENDED.

Nearly INSTANT power, Virtually NO LAG.

0-60 time of 5.5 sec applies to both Manual & Auto transmissions. A good driver will be able to get 0-60 in 5.0 - 5.2 with the Manual without too much problem.

That's all I have!!! :cheers:

Enjoy!!! :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
90 Posts
SKY Spy said:
The RedLine's gas milage is VERY impressive...

21/30 for the MANUAL
19/27 for the AUTO

Premium Fuel is NOT mandatory, just RECOMMENDED.

Nearly INSTANT power, Virtually NO LAG.

Enjoy!!! :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

That's good gas mileage - but that is if you stay out of the boost. I have only been getting 13.8 mpg in my 2005 Legacy GT (turbo), but have got 27.3 mpg a few times on long highway drives (200+ mile drives). Everyone should keep in mind that chances are your gas mileage will be quite a bit lower in stop and go city driving, because chances are you''ll hit the boost a lot.

As for no lag, I'll believe it when I see it. My car could feel like a slug, but once the turbo comes in it's like warpspeed and having to listen to my passagners complain of getting whiplash. :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
GodWhomIsMike said:
That's good gas mileage - but that is if you stay out of the boost. I have only been getting 13.8 mpg in my 2005 Legacy GT (turbo), but have got 27.3 mpg a few times on long highway drives (200+ mile drives). Everyone should keep in mind that chances are your gas mileage will be quite a bit lower in stop and go city driving, because chances are you''ll hit the boost a lot.

As for no lag, I'll believe it when I see it. My car could feel like a slug, but once the turbo comes in it's like warpspeed and listening to your passagners complain of getting whiplash. :)
I would totally disagree my Man.:)

My car went from getting 18 MPG around town with just the LS1 to 20 MPG around town with the LS1 and turbo. Heck I got 30 MPG driving down to Vegas for the SEMA show! There's two parts to those numbers; #1 a better then factory tune and, #2 I have greatly increased my torque numbers with the turbo allowing me to use taller gearing. My car can cruise at 75 MPH at 1500 RPMS sipping fuel going uphill with out a problem.

Also your Suby motor is a totally different animal compared to the Ecotec. It's a much lower compression ratio (8.2!) and although you do have DOHC, you don't have the same amount of VVT that the new Ecotec has either. Your car is also about 3650 pounds heavy with you in it which would require your low compression four cylinder to be at fairly higher power levels all the time.

Remember that the Ecotec has a high compression ratio with direct fuel injection, this will make the motor imediatly hit boost rather then waiting for the back pressure to build up in front of the turbine. There is also a nice small/dual scroll turbo too and infinite valve timing to optimize, boost, mileage, and torque. By the way guys, a dual scroll turbo helps to seperate the exhaust pulses so they don't smash into each other; it gives each pulse a chance to turn the turbine.

Even though the GXP has 83 more horsepower it should get slightly better gas mileage compared to the regular 2.4L. You will be able to use lower RPM shifts and it should be pretty easy to keep it in taller gears while driving around town.
Remember that GM makes the best engines in the world for power vs. mileage! :cheers:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sounds like a turbo is either no power or alot of power that kind of sucks. If yor drive around 1/4 pedal then normal then maybe 1/2 pedal to 3/4 and more and turbo kicks in.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
KappaMan said:
:thumbs: Very nice.

40%, huh? That's nearly 7500/year...
40% of 10,000 ( If I'm not mistaken they say total MAX Sky's production is 10,000) is 4,000 total Red Line a year.
The Solstice is 40% of 20,000 which is 8,000. (max production.)

It's coming out just like the Solstice percent. And I would bet they will start production and release the Sky at the same Time as the Solstice. But remember November is still fall.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I talked to the sales manager of my dearler today just to get any scoop. Pretty consistant with the info already posted. He did say (without prompting from me) that they are still expecting first delivery in August. He also said he will have more info around the end of this month--perhaps pricing and ordering.
So, any news is good news!

·
Registered
325 Posts
hayabusa said:
Sounds like a turbo is either no power or alot of power that kind of sucks. If yor drive around 1/4 pedal then normal then maybe 1/2 pedal to 3/4 and more and turbo kicks in.
No sir not with this motor/turbo. Compare the 2.4L and the 2.0L dyno sheets:
R/L GXP:
http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en/product_services/2007/HPT%20Library/Ecotec/2007%20LNF/2007_20L_LNF_Solstice_pending.pdf
standard 2.4L
http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en/product_services/HPT%20Library/Ecotec/2006_Ecotec_LE5_Pontiac_Solstice.pdf

·
Registered
422 Posts
RL price

SKY Spy said:
Same thing we have been hearing about delivery times, 1st deliveries are scheduled for "FALL/06" and there is NOTHING on pricing yet :banghead:, only that there will be a "premium" over the regular SKY. :mad:
In Germany we are not shure about delivery - SPRING/07 (?), but we've got a price yet: €29,900. That's inclusive the German tax 16% VAT, so the price without tax is €25,775 or in US $32,220 counted 1€ = 1,25US$, plus maybe $750 for transport >>> ~$33,000.
The price is for manual trans, cloth seats, and standard radio. Leather seats and radio upgrade 6 CD are listed but no price yet. Info's are from the German Opel website
http://www1.opel.de/gt/flash.html

If you click "Produktinfos" you get the german specs.

·
Registered
623 Posts
KappaMan said:
:thumbs: Very nice.

40%, huh? That's nearly 7500/year...
Here is hoping lots of Redlines..... My job search continues, and I still REALLY WANT ONE!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
RedLineSky said:
I talked to the sales manager of my dearler today just to get any scoop. Pretty consistant with the info already posted. He did say (without prompting from me) that they are still expecting first delivery in August. He also said he will have more info around the end of this month--perhaps pricing and ordering.
So, any news is good news!
I hope your right and not me !! I would love my GXP in August.

·
Registered
422 Posts
bradyb said:
:agree:
The dyno sheet is very similar to the sheet of the old Opel 2.0 Turbo (same bore and stroke) from 1992. Max. torque of 280 Nm (207 lbft) at 2400 and flat up to 5000 rpm. Revs only 3900 at 100 mph and has a good fuel economy, but that depends on style of driving. You can get between 15 and 30 mpg.
I normally try to reach the 30, we just have 6.5 $ per gallon premium (95) here in Germany.:mad:

·
Registered
304 Posts
C20LET_50 said:
SKY Spy said:
In Germany we are not shure about delivery - SPRING/07 (?), but we've got a price yet: €29,900. That's inclusive the German tax 16% VAT, so the price without tax is €25,775 or in US $32,220 counted 1€ = 1,25US$, plus maybe $750 for transport >>> ~$33,000.
The price is for manual trans, cloth seats, and standard radio. Leather seats and radio upgrade 6 CD are listed but no price yet. Info's are from the German Opel website
http://www1.opel.de/gt/flash.html

If you click "Produktinfos" you get the german specs.
I see they are playing the "tradition" card and showing the original Opel GT in the background. :thumbs:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Helmut and I agree that your English is grand. Although he learned in school before coming to the states at 23 yrs, my dad didn't learn until he arrived here in his 20's...
Your grammer surpasses that of most Americans..:D

·
Registered
422 Posts
achieftain said:
C20LET_50 said:
I see they are playing the "tradition" card and showing the original Opel GT in the background. :thumbs:
Nice tradition but combined with a little upgrade in pricing. Included the options leather seats and the monsoon it will be more than $34,000. And we have to add the 16% VAT but government planed to raise it up to 19% in 2007, that means inclusive tax more than $40,000. :mad:

java43
Thanks for the flowers, nice to hear even if it is little lying.:D

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Thanks for the info buddy, I am patiently waiting for the dealer image. But at least I have old #699 to occupy my time. Hey, soon I will be a 2 Sky/1 AURA family. If they would just get the color panels for the AURA, we will will be set to order. Dealer already has an allotment of one at present, will order off of it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts