Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
NEW YORK – General Motors will unveil a dramatically revitalized Saturn lineup with production versions of the all-new 2007 Saturn Aura midsize sedan, Saturn Sky Red Line performance roadster and Saturn Outlook crossover vehicle at the 2006 New York International Auto Show.
“Saturn’s new products demonstrate GM’s commitment to raising the bar on product execution as part of our North American turnaround plan,” said Mark LaNeve, GM North America vice president, Vehicle Sales, Service and Marketing. “Saturn’s dramatic new cars and crossovers, combined with an industry-leading positive retail experience, are a winning combination.”
The Saturn vehicles making their world debut in New York include:
  • The Saturn Aura, which goes on sale this summer, brings the new design of Saturn into a fun-to-drive sport sedan, with bold exterior styling and high levels of interior refinement.
  • The Saturn Sky Red Line, arriving at Saturn retailers this fall, adds extra power and performance to Saturn’s new signature roadster with a 260-horsepower 2.0L direct-injection turbo.
  • The Saturn Outlook is an eight-passenger crossover vehicle that strikes an ideal balance of style, size and capability. Outlook, which goes into production later this year, is built on GM’s new crossover vehicle platform.
  • A Saturn concept vehicle that will provide an indication of how the brand’s new design cues will continue on future vehicles.
In addition to the bold new Saturn production vehicles and concept, Saab will showcase its aviation heritage and Scandinavian design philosophy in the Saab Aero X concept, which makes its North American debut in New York. Saabs were first introduced in New York to the U.S. market 50 years ago. AutoWeek magazine named the Aero X concept “Best in Show” in February at the 2006 Geneva Auto Show.
“The Saturns and the Saab Aero X concept demonstrate how GM continues to leverage global resources to develop emotionally compelling vehicle designs, which is key to sustaining our product momentum,” said Ed Welburn, GM vice president, Global Design.
Conceived as a study to explore future design directions, the all-wheel-drive Saab Aero X concept features an innovative front-hinged canopy with no A-pillars, lightweight carbon fiber bodywork and a jet-inspired cockpit without conventional dials and buttons. The 400-horsepower twin turbo BioPower V-6 is fueled by 100-percent ethanol, a renewable and sustainable energy source that reduces vehicle emissions.
GM’s Pontiac brand also has plans for New York with the Pontiac G6 GXP show car. The G6 GXP builds on the clean, contemporary styling of the G6 coupe with a 270-horsepower 3.9L V-6 and a more aggressive, ground-hugging appearance and stance. The GXP show car will test both media and public reaction before a decision on production is made.
GM’s New York International Auto Show exhibit also will feature many of the products recently introduced at auto shows in Los Angeles, Detroit and Chicago.

http://media.gm.com/servlet/Gateway...ws/viewpressreldetail.do?domain=2&docid=24693
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
That is good news. In January the rumour was the initial Redlines would only be made in yellow. It will be interesting to see if the rumours are true!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
So September-December. Same time as Solstice GXP.

So both I and the people saying August where wrong. Anyone who said it would be released with the Solstice GXP was correct.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
Skymaster said:
That is good news. In January the rumour was the initial Redlines would only be made in yellow. It will be interesting to see if the rumours are true!
That may explain the $195 charge for it on the regular SKY
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
820 Posts
Not to say I told everyone so, but I told you so! Way back, everyone was saying spring of '08. I stated that it would be august-september, the same as the GXP and that they were not announcing the RL so the base version would have some limelight at it's introduction. I am now saying the RL will not be limited in color.......:jester:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
Probably a special spoiler like the GXP as well. I want to see a rear shot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
i said august 29th 2006 lets do the math...737737484848837= thats correct i was off by 2 days... i do believe you were off /lets see? oh yea about 350+ or - days/ thats ok i`m happy to be getting my redline just a few days late.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
glock919 said:
i said august 29th 2006 lets do the math...737737484848837= thats correct i was off by 2 days... i do believe you were off /lets see? oh yea about 350+ or - days/ thats ok i`m happy to be getting my redline just a few days late.
My bet was still that it would be released after August (see that was smart of me). Since Fall 2006 was my back-up choice! August was always in my opinion too early.

I think I stated that it would come out in either the Fall or the Spring and that I was thinking Spring. I think I also stated that August was way to early and that September (a Fall release) was likely if it was to happen this year. I also said it would be released with the GXP or after it. So I guess while in month wise you where closer, I said some things that where correct.

Basically that makes us even. Or to put it another way, both equally wrong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
if we end up with the cars we want and have fun doing it i guess thats all that counts.

p.s.kind of glad we were both off but we will be driving sooner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
glock919 said:
if we end up with the cars we want and have fun doing it i guess thats all that counts.

p.s.kind of glad we were both off but we will be driving sooner.
Hopefully! Need to find that job quickly or else I am not going to be able to get a 2007.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
820 Posts
Not to be down on it already but....

I don't know if taking the chrome strips off seems right.....I mean it doesn't seem to add anything to the RL. Maybe it will grow on me, or maybe it will look better in person, but the chrome strips were kind of unique to the sky and made it look upscale. I also like the spoiler that is already available, I hope that doesn't change either. Sorry to be down on it, I'm sure it will grow on me in time. Does anyone know if the "polished 18 inch wheels" are the same 5 star rims with polished alloy like some of the show models had? This would be hot. I really hope they don't make the wierd "optional rims" standard on the RL. Those things are hideous. Please SKY fairy, make the RL hot! Don't give it the ugly rims and don't fix things that aren't broken.....sheesh.....:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
Nemesis said:
I don't know if taking the chrome strips off seems right.....I mean it doesn't seem to add anything to the RL. Maybe it will grow on me, or maybe it will look better in person, but the chrome strips were kind of unique to the sky and made it look upscale. I also like the spoiler that is already available, I hope that doesn't change either. Sorry to be down on it, I'm sure it will grow on me in time. Does anyone know if the "polished 18 inch wheels" are the same 5 star rims with polished alloy like some of the show models had? This would be hot. I really hope they don't make the wierd "optional rims" standard on the RL. Those things are hideous. Please SKY fairy, make the RL hot! Don't give it the ugly rims and don't fix things that aren't broken.....sheesh.....:thumbs:
I have a feeling it will get a smaller spoiler like the GXP, or cars like the Malibu SS, Monte Carlo SS, etc.

Basically a little lip spoiler.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
Surprising news to me of the Redline timing. I'm a future GXP owner and I'd rather have had the Pontiac be the "performance" division, and had the turbo exclusively on the Pontiac version of the Kappa platform cars. But, of course, the Opel, and Sky now will share the joy. Again, not to rain on your parades, but selfishly I had hoped the Redline wouldn't come out for another couple of years so we GXP owners could have at least basked in the magnificence of this engine by ourselves (in North America at least) for awhile. I guess more power to us all. It won't take away any of the joy to be had in the GXP, just some of the exclusiveness.

My question now is with the Redline production starting at the same time as the GXP, how will this affect the GXP allocations? I won't have much "brotherly love" towards you Redline owners if your deliveries slow down our allocations significantly. I think GM is going to have much larger hits on their hands than they might have originally forecast. I hope their adding hydroforming capacity, alternate wheel sourcing, etc., decisions can ramp production up to somewhat meet the demand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
i agree, the cutting edge car ,the better looking car ,the car that is out selling the other one, even without a $500.00 rebate ,should have their production increased to meet the demand... that is why the sky redline is coming out so soon.one look and the public has voted.long live the redline.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
glock919 said:
i agree, the cutting edge car ,the better looking car ,the car that is out selling the other one, even without a $500.00 rebate ,should have their production increased to meet the demand... that is why the sky redline is coming out so soon.one look and the public has voted.long live the redline.
You sound like a cheerleader (and just as ditzy..lol)... if the Solstice hadn't been a hit, your Sky and your Sky Redline would have been just your wet dream.


Hopefully GM will increase their output for ALL the Kappa cars... and spread the happiness around. :cheers:
And very much hopefully the looming strike at Delphi won't totally cripple GM and lengthen our waits for our amazing turbo Kappas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
let`s see ,can`t get skys, holding people back from throughing money at the dealers for the redline...sols on sale with a500.00 rebate.i think you are on to something.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top